I have only 6 hits but a 66% approval rating. What is the best way to fix this?

dwbell99

Reaction score
I only 6 hits but a 66% approval rating. Can I have my account reset to give me a better start?

JCIII

Reaction score
There are no mulligans, there are plenty of hits to do that do not require 95%. Just have to suck it up and do them. You can even do the 0 cent demographic hits Turk has that will be approved. It will only take a few since you have such limited amount of hits.

dwbell99

Reaction score
Thanks. I have seen references to scripts to help find good HITs, which one would you suggest and what browser is the best to use?

JCIII

Reaction score
I use Chrome for my default browser. I am one of the strange ones and I don't use any of programs most people on this forum use like Panda, hit finder and others.

miko

Reaction score
my personal experience with early stages of your turk account, do the $0.01 HITs from approvers with 99% approval rates so you can inflate your approvals and be eligible for better paying work.

Reactions: MicheleS

MicheleS

Reaction score
I have only a few hits myself. I agree with miko. Do the lower paying HITs to help get your numbers up. That lowers the rejection percentage and helps "reset" your score. (I have been doing a lot of surveys myself just to get used to the MTurk platform.)

Also, check out the forum thread "MTurk Guide: Getting started on Mechanical Turk" put together by TSolo315. This is a great guide for beginners and will help you find scripts for finding better HITs. I installed the MTurk Suite which includes Turkerview. This gives me a much more detailed review of each requester before I accept the HIT. I don't waste my time on requesters who set up links that don't work or can't give me a survey code at the end of the survey. (Not cool.) I use Google Chrome as my browser.

Last edited:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have only a few hits myself. I agree with miko. Do the lower paying HITs to help get your numbers up. That lowers the rejection percentage and helps "reset" your score. (I have been doing a lot of surveys myself just to get used to the MTurk platform.)

Also, check out the forum thread "MTurk Guide: Getting started on Mechanical Turk" put together by TSolo315. This is a great guide for beginners and will help you find scripts for finding better HITs. I installed the MTurk Suite which includes Turkerview. This gives me a much more detailed review of each requester before I accept the HIT. I don't waste my time on requesters who set up links that don't work or can't give me a survey code at the end of the survey. (Not cool.) I use Google Chrome as my browser.
Just submit with your workerid or the end survey message on ones without codes. Will approve 99% of the time.

Reactions: bipbop13