I Made This! (crafty things)

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
yup I've done one with a dragon and girl too but I can't seem to get it here from photobucket at all :(, working on a 5 panel leopard now.
That is gorgeous! Do you mind me asking where you buy them from, and what size they are? I purchased a 12x12 to start just to get a feel for it, but found a lot of pretty ones and yours turned out beautifully. Please post the leopard when you are done.

JHkerriokey

Reaction score
I'm patient so I get them from japan... or China ... or something via alibaba.com , they've all come in kits. I really wish I could get my hands on a sticky grid and resin pieces by color so I could custom stuff, but you can order a custom photo one (they build the kit).

I totally love doing them- hubby says I'm only allowed one per room of our house unless I can sell them.

Reactions: scrmcasey

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
holy crap.
i just googled those. that looks amazingly tedious :o

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Calling all knitters! jan @jan TinaBanina @LoveMuppet and idk who else...if you still need to make any last minute gifts, I am working on a quick cowl pattern and could use a test knitter or two. Bulky yarn, easy to memorize pattern, and easily adaptable to the amount of yarn you have on hand. If you can test it in the next week or so, please lmk! Thanks!!

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

jan

Reaction score
Calling all knitters! jan @jan TinaBanina @LoveMuppet and idk who else...if you still need to make any last minute gifts, I am working on a quick cowl pattern and could use a test knitter or two. Bulky yarn, easy to memorize pattern, and easily adaptable to the amount of yarn you have on hand. If you can test it in the next week or so, please lmk! Thanks!!

That's so cute! I wish I could. I'm swamped with stuff to do (and even stuff to knit). I still have that alien to knit for my daughter's secret santa thing. Otherwise, that looks like something that you could do in an evening (a great knit).

If anything changes, I'll let you know.

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

I would love love love to, but I wouldn't be able to do it until after Christmas, unfortunately. I will let you know if I finish all of my projects before then because I love it!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get back into cross-stitch for a while, but I'm such a perfectionist that I'm scared to try it again. I came across a little kit for $1 at a thrift store, so I'm going to give it a try for practice. Need y'all to stay on my ass to finish it :love:

Reactions: jan and jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get back into cross-stitch for a while, but I'm such a perfectionist that I'm scared to try it again. I came across a little kit for $1 at a thrift store, so I'm going to give it a try for practice. Need y'all to stay on my ass to finish it :love:
So have you started yet? :D

Reactions: themildone and jan

jan

Reaction score

That might also make a cute winter headband

Reactions: jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
That might also make a cute winter headband
Maybe? Idk about the lace, though, you might just go with a knit/purl arrow pattern if you want something warm.

Speaking of warm, I am almost done with an 1898 Hat and this pattern is GENIUS. The first 20 or so rows are kind of a slog but once you get into it the knitting goes really fast (and it is really easy to keep track of where you are). I am making at least two more of these. Looks perfect for cold climate or cold people.

yes! I think it's coming along nicely
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

jan

Reaction score
Maybe? Idk about the lace, though, you might just go with a knit/purl arrow pattern if you want something warm.

Speaking of warm, I am almost done with an 1898 Hat and this pattern is GENIUS. The first 20 or so rows are kind of a slog but once you get into it the knitting goes really fast (and it is really easy to keep track of where you are). I am making at least two more of these. Looks perfect for cold climate or cold people.
I think my daughter would wear it - because it IS lacy. She's so difficult. She won't even wear winter socks (it's really cold right now).
and thanks for the seaman's patterns reminder. I was thinking of making some felted slippers - but maybe their slippers would be the easiest (and fastest!) ones. I need a pair (have nothing right now) and it's so cold walking around the house. Right now, I'm working on these: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/newfoundland-mitts

Last edited:
Reactions: TinaBanina

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I think my daughter would wear it - because it IS lacy. She's so difficult. She won't even wear winter socks (it's really cold right now).
and thanks for the seaman's patterns reminder. I was thinking of making some felted slippers - but maybe their slippers would be the easiest (and fastest!) ones. I need a pair (have nothing right now) and it's so cold walking around the house. Right now, I'm working on these: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/newfoundland-mitts
I've had those mitts faved for years. lol. I love the pretty stuff, but I would probably never finish them.

Reactions: jan and scrmcasey

jan

Reaction score
I've had those mitts faved for years. lol. I love the pretty stuff, but I would probably never finish them.
I'm frogging it. I was using a bulky lopi type yarn (I got it at the thrift store for $1 :) and a harrisville dk wool. I wanted a really warm mitten, but the dk wool feels like 'holes' - the lopi is SO warm (and I knit it on size 1 dpn's !!) that the gaps with the dk wool feel really wrong.

If I did it again, I'd use a black wool with a pretty variegated wool for the hive-y thing underneath. But I wouldn't expect it to be 'super' warm - at a dk weight.

I'm going to do a careful search later for that roving around the house. I had more than enough for nice thrummed mittens and that's what i need. I want to be warm walking the dog! It's so cold right now.

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm frogging it. I was using a bulky lopi type yarn (I got it at the thrift store for $1 :) and a harrisville dk wool. I wanted a really warm mitten, but the dk wool feels like 'holes' - the lopi is SO warm (and I knit it on size 1 dpn's !!) that the gaps with the dk wool feel really wrong.

If I did it again, I'd use a black wool with a pretty variegated wool for the hive-y thing underneath. But I wouldn't expect it to be 'super' warm - at a dk weight.

I'm going to do a careful search later for that roving around the house. I had more than enough for nice thrummed mittens and that's what i need. I want to be warm walking the dog! It's so cold right now.
I feel you. It's -4 out right now.

I get the dk thing. I'm making a hat right with worsted wool (Preciosa from Knit Picks :love:) and it feels like it's going to be very lightweight. It's definitely not going to do much for the bone-chilling cold happening right now.

Reactions: jan

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee no one's ever asked to see my bullet journal before so I'm pumped :D

I kind of cheated on the cover page. I did design it though so it kind of counts, right? lol

This is my 'year at a glance', for national holidays and birthdays because I never remember them

This is my January page

This is my first year doing a 'year in pixels', because I want to track my ups and downs. I kind messed up on the spacing on the quote, but oh well.

This is my list of books to read, with genre and my rating after I read it

This is how to I do my weekly page right now, it seems to be what works best for me

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee no one's ever asked to see my bullet journal before so I'm pumped :D

I kind of cheated on the cover page. I did design it though so it kind of counts, right? lol

This is my 'year at a glance', for national holidays and birthdays because I never remember them

This is my January page

This is my first year doing a 'year in pixels', because I want to track my ups and downs. I kind messed up on the spacing on the quote, but oh well.

This is how to I do my weekly page right now, it seems to be what works best for me

:eek::eek::eek:

LOVE it! The year in pixels is especially cute :)

I keep a notebook with todo lists in it, but seeing stuff like this makes me want to be more ambitious

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek:

LOVE it! The year in pixels is especially cute :)

I keep a notebook with todo lists in it, but seeing stuff like this makes me want to be more ambitious
thanks :) I definitely stole the pixels from r/bulletjournal lol

I started off doing the original, plain bullet journal. Then I saw all these gorgeous bullet/art journals and fell in love. Mine are nowhere near as artistic as some, but I like my balance between art and actually being productive. Mine has gotten a lot prettier since I bought cursive/fancy font stencils :)

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

This is my January page

Stealing the quote box for my planner now. Beautiful work!

Reactions: themildone