Mturk account suspended due to fraud requester

praveenkk

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Praveen Kumar. My mturk account was suspended on june 24, 2020. On 6 july, 2020 it was permanently disabled stating a generic kind of message that you all aware of.

Initially they sent a notice containing a message that " my account is related to another account that was closed for violation of participation agreement.... " .

Now I'm telling you guys why I think this happened.

I got a message from a guy named James Neagley after completing a survey posted by him that he has granted me a qualification for next batch of hits and he will pay me $0.71 for every single hit. And also hits were not very difficult to do. They were very easy and very few people were working on those hits.

After completing 176 hits from this guy ( in 3 separate batches ), my mturk account was disabled on fourth day.

I explained my problem to mturk support team that my mturk account is suspended in error. I didn't told them about this fraud requester. Just told them that I don't what happened and please activate my account.

Here is his requester url:
https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/A1BUCG677WVW83/projects

Please help me guys and tell me how can I get my mturk account back?

[ more info
***All of the hits were accepted and he paid for it. Another guy who was working for him also banned. He found my mail from cc section of the mail that was sent by the requester.

He told me that he also worked for him and got banned. He also told me that the requester was the reason for our suspension.

He only granted qualification to very few people. Maybe only to me and him.

I had completed a small survey from a requester.

Then after completing the survey a he messaged me a invitation code and presented his offer to work for him on high paying hits and after completing his second survey he will grant me qualification to work on next set of projects for next two months.

The hits were very simple and i had to just copy and paste the information about businesses from bbg.og website. I just took 2 minutes to fill all the fields.

He posted 3 batches of hits. first and second batches had 44 hits and last batch contained 88 hits. He paid 0.71 usd for every single hit.

He also set a rule that do not submit hits before 15 minutes.

]

Last edited:

Sivanivas

Reaction score
What about the giftcard/btc you gave back to requester for providing the fake job? :cat:

praveenkk

Reaction score
yes that's correct. also had to send 75% payment to him via adidas gift card.

have you received the same offer?

Are you Manju?

Last edited:

Sivanivas

Reaction score
Yes but not now, 2 years back. But I didn't do his HITs, whoever done has lost their accounts. He keeps changing the Requester name and offering same job. Also he only targets Indian turker's.

• Sad
Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Yes but not now, 2 years back. But I didn't do his HITs, whoever done has lost their accounts. He keeps changing the Requester name and offering same job. Also he only targets Indian turker's.
That's really awful :(