Mturk Guide: Getting Started on Mechanical Turk

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
https://www.mturkguide.com

Mturk Guide is a website I created with the purpose of providing an in depth guide to help new Mechanical Turk workers break through the steep learning curve and start making money on Mturk. On this website you will find:
  • A getting started page explaining several important aspects of Mechanical Turk and offering advice on how to best start establishing an efficient workflow.
  • A script guide detailing how scripts are used to make life easier (and more profitable) for turkers and how to start installing these scripts. You will also find a list of the most useful/widely used scripts currently available.
  • A "leveling up" page offering more advanced tips to help further improve your turking aptitude.
  • Several tutorials for writing your own AutoHotkey scripts to help make HITs easier, faster, and more efficient.
  • An Approval Rating Calculator that helps you calculate how many approved HITs you will need to reach a given approval rating.

Starting out on Mechanical Turk can be a real challenge, sometimes overwhelmingly so. My hope is that with this guide I can help ease some of the growing pains and help turkers start making more money -- faster.

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
The website looks amazing. I like the layout. Very helpful and a great resource.
rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5

Reactions: TSolo315

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
https://www.mturkguide.com

Mturk Guide is a website I created with the purpose of providing an in depth guide to help new Mechanical Turk workers break through the steep learning curve and start making money on Mturk. On this website you will find:
  • A getting started page explaining several important aspects of Mechanical Turk and offering advice on how to best start establishing an efficient workflow.
  • A script guide detailing how scripts are used to make life easier (and more profitable) for turkers and how to start installing these scripts. You will also find a list of the most useful/widely used scripts currently available.
  • A "leveling up" page offering more advanced tips to help further improve your turking aptitude.
  • Several tutorials for writing your own AutoHotkey scripts to help make HITs easier, faster, and more efficient.
  • An Approval Rating Calculator that helps you calculate how many approved HITs you will need to reach a given approval rating.

Starting out on Mechanical Turk can be a real challenge, sometimes overwhelmingly so. My hope is that with this guide I can help ease some of the growing pains and help turkers start making more money -- faster.
Great job TSolo315 @TSolo315! :dancing2:

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
TSolo315 @TSolo315, for some reason, when you'd mentioned this in the past, I was under the impression you'd just written a guide posted on this site. I didn't realize you had a website.

It's very professionally written. I like it. :)

• Love
Reactions: Jaded and TSolo315

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I put up a few more AHK tutorials (expressions and if statements.)

Reactions: scrmcasey

Olabenso

Reaction score
Pls I don't still understand how do I work and make the money, please explain in a clear short term

Reactions: Puffy5418

MandyJ

Reaction score
How do I know if I'm approved? If I'm able to see this email and thread and login, does it mean I'm approved? How long does approval take after registration? I too don't know where to look?

jan

Reaction score
How do I know if I'm approved? If I'm able to see this email and thread and login, does it mean I'm approved? How long does approval take after registration? I too don't know where to look?
you will get your account from Amazon. We're just a forum of people who work on mturk. You need to request an account from Amazon and they will send you an email if they approve you.

Reactions: Puffy5418

jan

Reaction score
Exactly, how do I accept a hit.
If you have been approved by Amazon, and have an account, it should be easy. On the mturk page, you just go to the right of the page, and there is a box that says accept and work.

Here's the page to apply for an account (just in case you haven't done that yet)
https://www.mturk.com/worker

JuneBug27

Reaction score
I've never had an mTurk account, but when I try to sign up using my regular Amazon log in information, it says that the mTurk team has suspended my account. I've emailed them twice and still haven't received a response. Is there another way to find out why its suspended or get my account out of the suspended status?

Thanks in advance!

Update 12/29/20: I did finally get a response for my worker account and it was unsuspended. Still not sure why it was suspended to begin with, but that's irrelevant now. Now to dive in to some forums here to learn a little before starting a hit!

Last edited:

Mac6ix

Reaction score
Why is it taking long to approve my account in mturk

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it taking long to approve my account in mturk
Just a thought - did you check your spam? That's where I found my approval email.