Favorite animals:

• Total voters

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
/me breathes a sigh of relief.

I was afraid you'd call my bluff.
Are you saying now you /don't/ want my number?

Rude.

Reactions: Rerun

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Because it shows you're good at everything? I don't follow.
Lol i was referring to the quick temper, solitude, and defensiveness of it all. Thanks for reminding people I'm the best though. :p

Reactions: Vanyanka

Rerun

Forum Licker
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah her fiance would like to have a word with you... plot twist it's me! another plot twist it aint me... plot twist it's some random dude. Rerun @Rerun
You've heard my voice. I can totally pull off the confused old man bit.

"Bit". Right. Total acting. :unsure:

Reactions: Jaded and TobyF

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah her fiance would like to have a word with you... plot twist it's me! another plot twist it aint me... plot twist it's some random dude. Rerun @Rerun
Are the pills extra-strength today, Toby?

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Lol i was referring to the quick temper, solitude, and defensiveness of it all. Thanks for reminding people I'm the best though. :p
Aren't sociopaths good at controlling their emotions? Or don't have as many or something?

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Aren't sociopaths good at controlling their emotions? Or don't have as many or something?
It's the other way around, sociopaths tend to have very poor impulse control. They have emotions but I've read that compared to "normal" people, their emotions are muted, what they really lack is empathy. If they were to hurt a person or cheat or steal from someone, it wouldn't really bother them much. Rationally they know that it's wrong because society says it's wrong, but they don't have feelings of remorse like most people.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
It's the other way around, sociopaths tend to have very poor impulse control. They have emotions but I've read that compared to "normal" people, their emotions are muted, what they really lack is empathy. If they were to hurt a person or cheat or steal from someone, it wouldn't really bother them much. Rationally they know that it's wrong because society says it's wrong, but they don't have feelings of remorse like most people.

/me takes notes.

Good to know.

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
I'm both.

Reactions: Pleco

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm probably not a sociopath. I have impulse control issues but my emotions are definitely NOT muted.