basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
basketcasey @basketcasey

RE: books from daily thread. AHhH! Margaret Atwood! Yes! LOVE HER! Robber Bride is one of my favorites ever. Reread Cats Eye a few months ago and it was devastating.
I love Margaret Atwood! My friend met her last week when she spoke at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. Sad I wasn't working there anymore! I just started on the MaddAddam trilogy. I love Cat's Eye, but A Handmaid's Tale is still my favorite! Just reread it a few months back. And I swear I'm going to quit getting distracted and watch it on Hulu this week!

And why did you bring me back over here? I'm trying to be good today. :angelic:

Reactions: ItsAmyTee

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I love Margaret Atwood! My friend met her last week when she spoke at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. Sad I wasn't working there anymore! I just started on the MaddAddam trilogy. I love Cat's Eye, but A Handmaid's Tale is still my favorite! Just reread it a few months back. And I swear I'm going to quit getting distracted and watch it on Hulu this week!

And why did you bring me back over here? I'm trying to be good today. :angelic:
You can never leave

Also if you end up watching it let me know if it's good because half of me wants to watch it and half of me is so scared that they're going to ruin it that I can't bring myself to start.

jenaling

Who?
Contributor
Reaction score
You can never leave

Also if you end up watching it let me know if it's good because half of me wants to watch it and half of me is so scared that they're going to ruin it that I can't bring myself to start.
I watched the first three episodes and I think it's great. There are changes that I think enhance the story, but I have a friend who is a purist and doesn't like them. I'd say watch the first one and see how you feel.

Also, Atwood appears briefly.

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
You can never leave

Ditto, but I love Elizabeth Moss so I have some semblance of faith. Will do!

Reactions: ItsAmyTee

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Pleco @Pelco

I lied about the fish. Today I'm having Marie Callender's Country Fried tender shaped chicken patties (weird name idk why it says that.) with bread crumb topped macaroni and cheese (it uses spirals not elbows)

It's bland and the chicken is weird and mushy. But it's fine for eating the right portions and not as terrible as Banquet or Michelenas.

I plan on telling you every lunch now.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Pleco @Pelco

I lied about the fish. Today I'm having Marie Callender's Country Fried tender shaped chicken patties (weird name idk why it says that.) with bread crumb topped macaroni and cheese (it uses spirals not elbows)

It's bland and the chicken is weird and mushy. But it's fine for eating the right portions and not as terrible as Banquet or Michelenas.

I plan on telling you every lunch now.
I'm having fucking chicken... again.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm having fucking chicken... again.
:( I forget, did you say if you could have fish? There are some fish planks? (idk the right name) that aren't terrible unless you hate fish.

Reactions: Rerun and kryss