Never Ending Chat

Favorite animals:

• Total voters

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
aw boo. Ranger still fits him though :thumbup:
He's a seriously ridiculous cat. He loves to meow, and get in my face and nuzzle, and also jump under my feet when I'm walking. He just knocked over the trashcan and ran away with a candy wrapper. Which i should probably do something about.

Virtually working

Reaction score
This is the thread that doesn't end, it goes on and on my friend.
Some people started chatting...

This is MTC's chat thread. If you'd like to chat but not post in the daily thread, feel free to do it here. This is not a requirement and simply an alternative for people who want a separate place to chat.

Reminder: Forum guidelines still apply in this thread.
Im sorry to do this but I am new here and I cannot find how to post a subject which Im sure is one that has been dealt with a million times before, so if anyone can send me a message or email using this site I would really appreciate it.
Thank you, Diane

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Im sorry to do this but I am new here and I cannot find how to post a subject which Im sure is one that has been dealt with a million times before, so if anyone can send me a message or email using this site I would really appreciate it.
Thank you, Diane
Are you trying to start a thread? If so, go to the subforum that you're trying to start one in. (Note: It won't be the daily thread subforum.) there should be a button that says post new thread.

Since you are new if it has links in it, it won't work. You have to have some posts first.

Virtually working

Reaction score
Are you trying to start a thread? If so, go to the subforum that you're trying to start one in. (Note: It won't be the daily thread subforum.) there should be a button that says post new thread.

Since you are new if it has links in it, it won't work. You have to have some posts first.
No I dont have any links that I was going to put in it but another stupid question...where is the subforum? Sorry

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
No I dont have any links that I was going to put in it but another stupid question...where is the subforum? Sorry
You can either ask it in the daily thread here. You would reply to it like you replied to this one.

As to which subforum that's gonna depend on your question. You'll go to the main page and read chocies and chose which one matches best, click on that, then click post new thread. Like if it was related to mturk itself you could put it in mturk help and resources.

Virtually working

Reaction score
You can either ask it in the daily thread here. You would reply to it like you replied to this one.

As to which subforum that's gonna depend on your question. You'll go to the main page and read chocies and chose which one matches best, click on that, then click post new thread. Like if it was related to mturk itself you could put it in mturk help and resources.
If you dont mind, I have only been working Mturk for a little over a month but to date I have a full spreadsheet of requesters that have you go through an entire survey only to not provide a payable code, they never reply to any messages and mturk does nothing. So how can one spot a bottom dweller that is trying to get work done for free and/or is there a blacklist for these requesters?
Thanks
Diane

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
If you dont mind, I have only been working Mturk for a little over a month but to date I have a full spreadsheet of requesters that have you go through an entire survey only to not provide a payable code, they never reply to any messages and mturk does nothing. So how can one spot a bottom dweller that is trying to get work done for free and/or is there a blacklist for these requesters?
Thanks
Diane
Well, you can check on TO (for now) and see if it (or any other bad things) are mentioned. But most times if a survey doesn't have a code, you can submit with your ID and it will approve. You can follow up with a screenshot if you want, but I never do. Of all the ones I've submitted with worker id or a note, only one has ever rejected for no code.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Jaded @Jaded about writing before or after work, I vote before because you'll be more creative when you aren't tired after a long day AND if you wait until after, I think you're gonna be more likely to make excuses. Also, idk if you've thought of this or already have experience with it, but going to a pretty physical job after working behind a computer for so long...you're probably going to be super exhausted for the first week or so. Also not conducive to writing after work. BUT it's gonna be so worth it :hug:

I didn't plan on that turning into a pep talk but there ya go. lol

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Jaded @Jaded about writing before or after work, I vote before because you'll be more creative when you aren't tired after a long day AND if you wait until after, I think you're gonna be more likely to make excuses. Also, idk if you've thought of this or already have experience with it, but going to a pretty physical job after working behind a computer for so long...you're probably going to be super exhausted for the first week or so. Also not conducive to writing after work. BUT it's gonna be so worth it :hug:

I didn't plan on that turning into a pep talk but there ya go. lol
<3 Those are all very good points. I think I'm gonna wake up early and do it before anything else. I know yesterday I didn't want to write after just running around doing all the blood stuff and paperwork, and actual work is gonna be way harder.

I'm pretty anxious about the going physical again thing. It's gonna be hell and a half the first couple weeks. The last time I tried to go stand up job from being sit for a while was when I worked at big lots for 3 days. :x I think I won't quit this time, just because this is truly my only option. I had other options then. I'll just have to tough it out. I'm trying to think of all the good things I'm going to be able to do. (I'll be able to get a fancy pants editor, the book cover I marked out "way out of my price range" and

so
many
stickers.)

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
<3 Those are all very good points. I think I'm gonna wake up early and do it before anything else. I know yesterday I didn't want to write after just running around doing all the blood stuff and paperwork, and actual work is gonna be way harder.

I'm pretty anxious about the going physical again thing. It's gonna be hell and a half the first couple weeks. The last time I tried to go stand up job from being sit for a while was when I worked at big lots for 3 days. :x I think I won't quit this time, just because this is truly my only option. I had other options then. I'll just have to tough it out. I'm trying to think of all the good things I'm going to be able to do. (I'll be able to get a fancy pants editor, the book cover I marked out "way out of my price range" and

so
many
stickers.)
yeah, I tried working at a little plant nursery after being a SAHM for 4 months and I quit after 1 shift. lmao. but like you said, I had options then. Just keep a heating pad or rice sock ready, and ibuprofin. It's gonna suck for a bit but like you said...stickers. ALL the stickers.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Jaded @Jaded I love your locker tag and the fact that it's the only fancy tag there

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
themildone @themildone

I forgot to say thanks for voting, I got distracted by my realization that I am the weird lady who just really likes shiny things.

And I'm kinda okay with that.