Favorite animals:

• Total voters

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh it is definitely harder to cut back for me as well. I've cut back quite a bit on cheese. I'm going to try to do another raw vegan summer. I think dairy also causes some of the same health issues as meat. Hoping it helps with some inflammation issues I have.
So you are vegetarian mostly for health reasons? I have a lot of inflammation issues with my autoimmune disorders and I'd never thought about how cutting out dairy could help that. Extra motivation!

Reactions: coffeeowl

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So you are vegetarian mostly for health reasons? I have a lot of inflammation issues with my autoimmune disorders and I'd never thought about how cutting out dairy could help that. Extra motivation!
Full fat versions cause inflammatory issues as do low quality eggs. My doctor suggested an elimination diet to see what triggers for me. Raw vegan has helped me in the past. After the summer I'll only do a few low fat dairy products probably and the occasional good egg.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Full fat versions cause inflammatory issues as do low quality eggs. My doctor suggested an elimination diet to see what triggers for me. Raw vegan has helped me in the past. After the summer I'll only do a few low fat dairy products probably and the occasional good egg.
I wish I could teleport you some fresh ones.

• Love
Reactions: coffeeowl

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
VGB @VGB how are you doing in this apocalyptic mad world

i care very much about my retail friends' safety

Reactions: VGB

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
VGB @VGB how are you doing in this apocalyptic mad world

i care very much about my retail friends' safety
Panic didn't hit here until wednesday night, i was working that night and basically saw it unfold; endless stream of people from about 5pm until close

i was lucky to be off thurs/friday, thursday we did more in sales than any holiday and friday set a record for sales at the store in general

worked today and everything was basically empty or on the way to being empty at 2pm, but it did finally slow down tonight to what was like a slightly busier weekend

i'm washing my hands and using sanitizer all the time, wearing gloves etc., definitely worried a healthy amount but not panicking; they identified 2 positive cases in Milwaukee County yesterday, and one of those cases is about 3 degrees of separation from me (they went to the same gym as my friend's girlfriend). Mostly i'm worried about two things: not having sick leave (thank you right-to-work state!) and my company not giving a fuck about instituting a policy which means if I do start showing signs I'm out a paycheck for at least two weeks, and worried that my parents back in MA catch it because they are old enough where its a high risk, though healthy otherwise. Also seeing some coworkers and customers being really cavalier about the whole fucking thing drives me up a wall. Its maddening to see countries literally on lockdown right now and having some chucklehead laughing this off like its just a cold.

but i'm okay, just mad and a little nervous

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ducky