Rep Present New HIT Introduction (Data Visualization Collection) through Requester Name : Mturk Data

Visrepo

Requester
Reaction score
HIT ANNOUNCEMENT-Hit Title: Data Visualization Collection

HIT DESCRIPTION

You are asked to enter various kinds of visualizations for statistical data and their related information. The source of the visualization could be online search, any book, any publications, any newspaper or even your own self made visualization (if you have any). More information about visualizations and the project can be found on our introductory pages and a tutorial. We are looking for a diverse collection of visualizations and the information about them. Thus, as a reward, we are providing bonuses for new and high-quality results.

I am here to answer your query, if you need any information about our HITs. I would also like to invite turkers to participate more. It starts from 50 ct and with bonus and all goes to 2$ for each hit. Turkers with more than 1000 hits are welcome to work:)

Thanks

Last edited:

NotTurkfactor

no longer an eternal newbie
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Data Visualization Collection | PANDA
Requester: Mturk Data [A1GKRBHK5I8Y3R] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.11 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.23 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.40 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.54 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 44
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: You asked to enter various kinds of visualizations for statistical data and their related information. The source of the visualization could be online search, any book, any publications, any newspaper or even your own self made visualization (if you have any). More information about visualizations and the project can be found on our introductory pages and a tutorial. We are looking for a diverse collection of visualizations and the information about them. Thus, as a reward, we are providing bonuses for new and high-quality results.
Time: 2 hours
Hits Available: 6
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
HIT ANNOUNCEMENT-Hit Title: Data Visualization Collection

HIT DESCRIPTION

You are asked to enter various kinds of visualizations for statistical data and their related information. The source of the visualization could be online search, any book, any publications, any newspaper or even your own self made visualization (if you have any). More information about visualizations and the project can be found on our introductory pages and a tutorial. We are looking for a diverse collection of visualizations and the information about them. Thus, as a reward, we are providing bonuses for new and high-quality results.

I am here to answer your query, if you need any information about our HITs. I would also like to invite turkers to participate more. It starts from 50 ct and with bonus and all goes to 2$ for each hit. Turkers with more than 5000 hits are welcome to work:)

Thanks
Welcome to MTC! :wave: Your HIT sounds interesting, I looked at the instructions but haven't had time to try it yet. Could you perhaps post a few example screenshots of a HIT submission that qualified for your bonuses? :)

Visrepo

Requester
Reaction score
Welcome to MTC! :wave: Your HIT sounds interesting, I looked at the instructions but haven't had time to try it yet. Could you perhaps post a few example screenshots of a HIT submission that qualified for your bonuses? :)
Thank you clickhappier for your interest in our hit and we do invite you to participate. Basically we are looking to gather various types of data visualizations and information related to visualizations as well. Data visualizations are something like bar chars, line graphs etc. Here data means that of statistical and tabular data. Some other examples of data visualization are

http://i.imgur.com/ef437UU.jpg
or
http://i.imgur.com/LHFWEum.jpg

Please don't use the same images as I have posted here as it won't be accepted. The reason is we want to understand the people's perception on the data visualization and how much varied visualizations can be seen to be in use now a days.

Then you need to write the information about the visualization. Be sure that the information should be about the visualization and not for the story for which that visualization was used. For example, the first image is of 'Parallel coordinates'. Workers need to use some visualization source to write about what are the uses of Parallel Coordinates, how many axis are there, what is represented by the axis. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using this visualization. etc etc.

We have already mentioned such requirements in our tutorial. So, we will give bonus to those people who will able to define the visualization well. Moreover, we would be giving extra bonus to those who actually will bring more new and different visualizations to us.

Hope the above explanation helps. If you need more information please let me know

Thanks

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thank you clickhappier for your interest in our hit and we do invite you to participate. Basically we are looking to gather various types of data visualizations and information related to visualizations as well. Data visualizations are something like bar chars, line graphs etc. Here data means that of statistical and tabular data. Some other examples of data visualization are

http://i.imgur.com/ef437UU.jpg
or
http://i.imgur.com/LHFWEum.jpg

Please don't use the same images as I have posted here as it won't be accepted. The reason is we want to understand the people's perception on the data visualization and how much varied visualizations can be seen to be in use now a days.

Then you need to write the information about the visualization. Be sure that the information should be about the visualization and not for the story for which that visualization was used. For example, the first image is of 'Parallel coordinates'. Workers need to use some visualization source to write about what are the uses of Parallel Coordinates, how many axis are there, what is represented by the axis. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using this visualization. etc etc.

We have already mentioned such requirements in our tutorial. So, we will give bonus to those people who will able to define the visualization well. Moreover, we would be giving extra bonus to those who actually will bring more new and different visualizations to us.

Hope the above explanation helps. If you need more information please let me know

Thanks
Thanks for the examples! :) I love data visualizations, but haven't had to describe them like that before. I'll give it a shot if it's still available when I can manage to concentrate on it.

I'm curious if this is a university research project or what?

Last edited:
Reactions: Visrepo

Visrepo

Requester
Reaction score
Yes, you guess is right, it is a university research project on data visualization and its understanding from a user point of view.

Visrepo

Requester
Reaction score
Yes, you guess is right, it is a university research project on data visualization and its understanding from a user point of view.