New HIT Monitor v2 with SMS alerts

James

Reaction score
So here's a question. I finally decided to try the SMS feature, but I can't get it working. I put in my phone's email address, which is a sprint.com address, and have run a couple tests with negative results. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but I have no idea what?? :\ Thanks!

DCI

Reaction score
So here's a question. I finally decided to try the SMS feature, but I can't get it working. I put in my phone's email address, which is a sprint.com address, and have run a couple tests with negative results. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but I have no idea what?? :\ Thanks!
One possibility is that you may have pop up blocking enabled on your browser. The way the SMS feature works is that it opens a tab and sends an email to the given address from your gmail account, so pop up blocking can prevent the tab from opening and it needs to either be disabled or to have an exception.

Reactions: James

James

Reaction score
One possibility is that you may have pop up blocking enabled on your browser. The way the SMS feature works is that it opens a tab and sends an email to the given address from your gmail account, so pop up blocking can prevent the tab from opening and it needs to either be disabled or to have an exception.
Wow, thanks for responding so quickly! You were right about the pop up blocking. Works like a charm now. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Reactions: Jaded and DCI

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
I think that at one time HM would open a tab over what you are working on, now (and for some time) it opens under all other tabs. I use Chrome.

Is there a setting in the code I can change to have it so that when it opens a tab, it come on top of all other??

DCI

Reaction score
I think that at one time HM would open a tab over what you are working on, now (and for some time) it opens under all other tabs. I use Chrome.

Is there a setting in the code I can change to have it so that when it opens a tab, it come on top of all other??
Yes, you can change line 474 from:

Code:
GM_openInTab(linko)
which will use the browser's default behavior, to this:

Code:
GM_openInTab(linko,{active: true});
which will force the tab on top.

Reactions: MrTrentSD

TurRaider8v

Reaction score
Hmmm... i just installed Overwatch because someone said it replaced Hit Monitor but it seems like HM is still active. Has anyone used both and prefer one over the other?

DCI

Reaction score
Hmmm... i just installed Overwatch because someone said it replaced Hit Monitor but it seems like HM is still active. Has anyone used both and prefer one over the other?
I don't know what Overwatch is, but when someone said it replaces HM, they probably just meant that it's a better script that can do everything HM can and more. At this point there are probably lots of things that are better than HM. It's still very user friendly and reliable though.

DCI

Reaction score
DCI @DCI Does HM have to be in its own 'window' (like Panda Crazy does) to function?
No, but if you use Chrome it might not play sounds when it's not the active tab.

You can fix that by going to chrome://flags/ and setting "Optimize background video playback" to disabled.

Reactions: ChristopherASA