Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19168-jr-mturk-panda-crazy
To start this script you must go to: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome?pandacrazy=on

Panda Crazy is a script which helps with the organization and grabbing hits as fast as possible. Now it has evolved to do more than just a panda. It can do a pantha which helps with throttled batches a bit. It can also do a search on the requester for any hits they drop. With the GoHam button you can have it grab hits as fast as possible once something drops. It will also slow down if it starts getting PRE's which could help out when you're trying to work from your queue. There is also list of your hits in your current queue on the bottom so you can always know what's in your queue.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to run Panda Crazy in it's own window. Browsers will limit scripts to a 1 second timer if they are in a tab unfocused.

Some screenshots for examples.​

For all the help you will possibly need you can go to: pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com
There is also some help inside the script but just some quick help and nothing in detail. Every alarm in the script can be changed to whatever you would like. Plenty of options to play with and change it to work with the way you want to work.

More examples of the search page and changing alarms.​

The script also has an some add on scripts which can help when you're on mturk.
  1. Mturk Panda Crazy Helper - Shows easy add buttons on mturk.com and can send your projected earnings back to Panda Crazy main script.
  2. Mturk Panda Crazy Queue Helper - This script will go to the next lowest time hit in your queue. It grabs the queue data from Panda Crazy instead of sending a request to mturk every submit. This should lower the amount of PRE's. It only work when Panda Crazy main script is running in the same browser.

Some examples of what the add on script does.​

Last edited:

wipeout4wh

Reaction score
I'm not seeing the Panda button on any MTurk pages. The script only seems to run on the main script URL. It seems useful, but I can't figure out how to delete jobs. I probably just need to spend more time on it to get used to it, though.

The queue watcher is especially useful. I don't like needing to refresh my queue all the time.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the Panda button on any MTurk pages. The script only seems to run on the main script URL. It seems useful, but I can't figure out how to delete jobs. I probably just need to spend more time on it to get used to it, though.

The queue watcher is especially useful. I don't like needing to refresh my queue all the time.
You have to have the main script and the helper script installed to see buttons on mturk.com. The main script only works on one page. The smaller helper script will run on other mturk pages. You also have to run it in the same browser.

To delete a job click on the details button and there will be a delete Job button there.

BlurryFace

Antisocial Optimist
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs, just wanted to drop a line saying thanks for the scripts! These are really good and IMO, better then TM. I even thought enough of it to send you a beer the other day (amazon GC).

Keep up the good work and so far, everything has worked as I figured it would. The only suggestion I would/could have (and maybe I just haven't figured how to do this yet), is this. When I add a HIT to a tab (let's say "Main"), to move that HIT to another tab I figured would just be a 'drag and drop' thing but that doesn't seem to work. So is there a way to move HITs around in different tabs?

Again, thanks for everything!!

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I am glad it is helping you out. Thanks for the Amazon GC. I appreciate it.

Yes you can just drag and drop a hit over to a tab but it has to be in the right position for it to work correctly. First be sure you have the newest update because I did try a few things to make it easier. Then you drag a hit to a tab where it will show the hits in that tab but do not drop yet. You have to position it where you want it in the hit area. Sometimes you need to move it around a bit. I'll try to see if I can have it work with just dropping it on the tab itself but I had that work before and it complicated other things. But then again at that time I had the tabs working a bit different so it might be an easy fix. I also have thought about a drop down list in the details window to move to tabs also. I need to add these directions to the help menu too.

BlurryFace

Antisocial Optimist
Contributor
Reaction score
Nope you are all good man! I just did what you said and they move just fine. I had been just dropping them on the tab and it wouldn't move. Now I know :) A drop down in the details of the HIT would be awesome as well but it works the way it does and I'm okay with that.

I do have the latest update. I've been following this for the last week or so. It really is just great!

Hope you have a great day and Happy Fathers Day if that's your thing as well.

AlienEmpress

Reaction score
I keep getting a dinging sound but there's no notification that tells me what it means. Any idea?

Scratch that. Figured it out.

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I keep getting a dinging sound but there's no notification that tells me what it means. Any idea?

Scratch that. Figured it out.
Glad you figured it out. It's an alarm when a hit in your queue is under 5 minutes. I set it by default at that because the queue gets checked every 40 seconds. Next update you can set the minutes lower if needed. There is also a mute alarm checkbox only for that alarm so it doesn't ding all the time when you are working on a batch of small timed hits. It's a new feature so I haven't had time to mention it in the help menu.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I read through the help on the script and can't find the answer to this question. Why does a panda turn red and stop searching?

edit nvm i think i figured it out!

Last edited:

AlienEmpress

Reaction score
Glad you figured it out. It's an alarm when a hit in your queue is under 5 minutes. I set it by default at that because the queue gets checked every 40 seconds. Next update you can set the minutes lower if needed. There is also a mute alarm checkbox only for that alarm so it doesn't ding all the time when you are working on a batch of small timed hits. It's a new feature so I haven't had time to mention it in the help menu.
Hey. Are you able to catch hits like Csats with this? I've been trying all day but it's not catching anything from the 6 pandas I've set for it today.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I read through the help on the script and can't find the answer to this question. Why does a panda turn red and stop searching?

edit nvm i think i figured it out!
It is in the help section but I don't mention that it turns red. In the details section for each job there are three options that do this. Queue Hit Limit, Queue Limit and Once. Once will just collect one hit, turn red and then stop. Queue Hit Limit checks the queue and counts how many hits from the job and only accepts this limit. It will turn red until there are less than this amount in the queue and then restart. Great for small timed hits. The queue limit won't accept any hit from the job that will take your queue over this limit no matter the hits in your queue. Great for collecting penny hits and not have a full queue when a good priced batch drops.

Reactions: T. Leela

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey. Are you able to catch hits like Csats with this? I've been trying all day but it's not catching anything from the 6 pandas I've set for it today.
Yes it can accept c-sats but they do go fast. One thing you need to remember is the more hits you are collecting the less chance of grabbing popular batches. If you are trying to panda all 6 then that could slow it down. At this time a good trick is when a c-sat drops, add it as quick as possible and then click on the goham button. It will only try that one panda every 700ms which will give you a better chance of grabbing it. Between 5 and 10 pandas is a good range. Anything more than 10 would rely on luck more. Don't forget about the delayed ham mode. Click and hold the GoHam button until it turns blue. It will automatically go into ham mode if it grabs one which means you can grab 2 or 3 in a second or two. Hope that helps. Next update will fix the search mode feature which will help for these types of requesters who have different pandas.

AlienEmpress

Reaction score
Yes it can accept c-sats but they do go fast. One thing you need to remember is the more hits you are collecting the less chance of grabbing popular batches. If you are trying to panda all 6 then that could slow it down. At this time a good trick is when a c-sat drops, add it as quick as possible and then click on the goham button. It will only try that one panda every 700ms which will give you a better chance of grabbing it. Between 5 and 10 pandas is a good range. Anything more than 10 would rely on luck more. Don't forget about the delayed ham mode. Click and hold the GoHam button until it turns blue. It will automatically go into ham mode if it grabs one which means you can grab 2 or 3 in a second or two. Hope that helps. Next update will fix the search mode feature which will help for these types of requesters who have different pandas.
Yeah. That helps. I know this is new. I've only created a few pandas for it but it's only caught a Pinterest for me. I tried to test it out with mosaic yesterday since they were dropping all day, with no luck. I know with most scripts it'll probably just take a little getting used to. I love the whole concept though! Great work! :)

dougdoesmusic

Reaction score
I am curious as to the searchandfilter and filterpanda features are in the Action Mode section. I was digging around in the code, because I figured something went into that 'other' field. I tried it out, but I have no idea how it works. I did see the Zing filter section, which looks interesting, although again, I have no idea how that works. Are these going to be public features?

Raven

I have a list of names, yours is in red underline
Contributor
Reaction score
Just had to say that I love this script. I deleted TurkMaster entirely.

Quick question about the search function. I know that when I add the ID, it will panda the first hit that pops. But if I'm trying to catch multiple hits from a requester (example: the Csats "explosion" from a few days ago), will it only catch that first panda? Or when another hit pops will it start pandaing that one? I have no idea if i explained my question right or not, lol. If it doesn't, is there a way for me to try to do this?

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
Would it help if you ran Panda Crazy in two or three different browsers to pick up more / different HITS. You said that after 6 or more things 'slow down'. I am asking since Hit Monitor now seems to not work (not notifying me of hits I see in MTurk.)

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I am curious as to the searchandfilter and filterpanda features are in the Action Mode section. I was digging around in the code, because I figured something went into that 'other' field. I tried it out, but I have no idea how it works. I did see the Zing filter section, which looks interesting, although again, I have no idea how that works. Are these going to be public features?
Yes those two modes I left in because it is the reason why I made this script in the first place. It filters on the product zings so you don't get lot of products to search. Searchandfilter does the same but on any zing hit which isn't very useful I found. No I am not going to provide support for the filter mode because it only works on zing hits and would be too hard to make it work for other hits.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Just had to say that I love this script. I deleted TurkMaster entirely.

Quick question about the search function. I know that when I add the ID, it will panda the first hit that pops. But if I'm trying to catch multiple hits from a requester (example: the Csats "explosion" from a few days ago), will it only catch that first panda? Or when another hit pops will it start pandaing that one? I have no idea if i explained my question right or not, lol. If it doesn't, is there a way for me to try to do this?
Yes the search mode has always been in the script and I made the decision to make it public but not really explain it. Basically it searches on the requester ID so it needs the requester ID to be filled in. Usually when adding a panda the requester ID is unknown to the script. When it is in search mode it grabs the highest paid hit and does a panda on it ONLY. It won't remember the hits or grab new hits. I made it for hits with multiple pandas like wallstreets so it can grab any instead of having a lot of panda's running at same time. I do use it for CSats and it does a good job with them but there are so many all at once that it will miss a few. Maybe in the future I can come up with a solution to this problem but CSats are rare types.

It's great for requesters who put out new hits sometimes like nobliscv. A special feature that isn't documented is if you have a search job and it finds a batch you can tell the script to stop searching and only panda that hit as fast as possible by clicking on the job once. The border turns to red. It will save time because it will only do one request on a panda instead of doing 2 requests for a search and then panda. Then just remember to click on the job again to turn off that mode so it doesn't have a red border anymore and will search again.

Reactions: Raven

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Would it help if you ran Panda Crazy in two or three different browsers to pick up more / different HITS. You said that after 6 or more things 'slow down'. I am asking since Hit Monitor now seems to not work (not notifying me of hits I see in MTurk.)
No it wouldn't help at all. The whole point of this script is to go as fast as possible and not to use timers for panda's. Using different timers for pandas that some use can help in some circumstances but it's mostly luck and it causes more pre's. I think a good way to think about it is each job will add 1 second to searching panda's so if you have 6 jobs running you have the script checking every 6 seconds for a panda because it will go through each panda every second. Don't use the script to monitor hits especially when you're waiting for a batch to drop that goes very fast. You can still use turkmaster for getting alerted to requesters or search results. Just be sure to put those timers above 20 seconds so it doesn't cause pre's. I have no plans on having my script watch searches or requesters to alert you. I personally think an offline script to monitor that is a lot better anyway.

Here are some tips I use for myself: Use search mode for requesters that have multiple panda's. On slow times of the days you can use panda's to catch batches that may drop to beat others before it gets to the search page. Remember a panda will always beat others who only watch the search page. I used to use it for virals and get a full queue before hitscraper finds it. But having too many panda's running will lower the chance of finding that panda before others. For a lot of the hits you want a full queue make sure to put it in delayed goham mode. Once the script finds a panda it will go at 700ms collecting as much as possible until it fills your queue or the batch runs out. Another new feature I added is pantha mode for the panda hits that are being throttled. Try it and compare for some morning hits that people get very little of. :wink: The script runs great for those hits that are always up every day like ibotta, vq, mylikes or grady's. If you are only interested in those then having more than 6 running could be great. I do that during the night because usually good batches don't drop and don't need to be as fast as possible.

Really just play around with the script. Try new things. Look at the options. It's meant to be played with. Just keep exporting your jobs just in case something breaks. I am still learning new ways to use the script for different hits and requesters.

Now I am planning on using the same cycle timer I used for this script for a script that runs offline that does a search on requesters that would help notify of new hits but I haven't started it yet. I do run a script of my own for monitoring offline hits but it's not user friendly so I need to work on it as soon as I can.

Raven

I have a list of names, yours is in red underline
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes the search mode has always been in the script and I made the decision to make it public but not really explain it. Basically it searches on the requester ID so it needs the requester ID to be filled in. Usually when adding a panda the requester ID is unknown to the script. When it is in search mode it grabs the highest paid hit and does a panda on it ONLY. It won't remember the hits or grab new hits. I made it for hits with multiple pandas like wallstreets so it can grab any instead of having a lot of panda's running at same time. I do use it for CSats and it does a good job with them but there are so many all at once that it will miss a few. Maybe in the future I can come up with a solution to this problem but CSats are rare types.

It's great for requesters who put out new hits sometimes like nobliscv. A special feature that isn't documented is if you have a search job and it finds a batch you can tell the script to stop searching and only panda that hit as fast as possible by clicking on the job once. The border turns to red. It will save time because it will only do one request on a panda instead of doing 2 requests for a search and then panda. Then just remember to click on the job again to turn off that mode so it doesn't have a red border anymore and will search again.

Thanks so much!! Your script is awesome!

Reactions: Johnnyrs