Peachy’s Corner

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I have returned. I'm very glad i decided to still go, i seen alot of people i knew and it was amazing. I was hoping this suspension nonsense would be sorted by the time that i got home but its not, in fact it hasn't made any progress since i left, rawr.
I'm sorry Cyberwasp. I was hoping it would be fixed for you, too.

• Love
Reactions: cyberwasp

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Evening Peaches and company!
So, the Colts won :) But our kicker neeeeeds to retire.
Also, apparently I am on strike starting midnight tonight, so that should be fun for the ol' wallet.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I have returned. I'm very glad i decided to still go, i seen alot of people i knew and it was amazing. I was hoping this suspension nonsense would be sorted by the time that i got home but its not, in fact it hasn't made any progress since i left, rawr.
i’m glad you had a good time. was thinking of you. hopefully support gets their head out of their ass and re-instates your account in the next few days

• Love

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i’m glad you had a good time. was thinking of you. hopefully support gets their head out of their ass and re-instates your account in the next few days
As long as it does get fixed i'll be ok with this, Everything happens for a reason and apparently i needed a break from turking nonstop everyday for awhile.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
why would you make your 2-4 year old their own Facebook account? posting pics of him/her, etc. achievements they do in class, etc. i don’t get it.

where is the privacy. where is the safety.

this digital world.

my parents had/have a photo album of me with pictures of me as a kid. no social media back then. they still don’t have a Facebook or any other social media.

i don’t think people fully think before they post stuff online.

i think a picture here or there on your own fb or social media of your kid is okay since you can control settings, etc. but their own account? that young?

if/when i have a kid... i’m hoping i have a wife that doesn’t like to share everything. i know i’m not going to make my toddler an entire social media account.

anyways. it is 3:44am and i am watching tennis

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
taylor swift is a bartender and waitress in this credit card commercial

in real life she could just buy that restaurant and bar

cyberwasp

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hello corner.
I finished up unloading my truck from the camping trip and laid out the wet stuff on one side of the driveway to let it dry. I decided i was going to the carwash to wash the truck in the meantime. Well, when backing out of the garage i hit my passenger side mirror on the side of the garage and broke it. Usually i would just be like "well that sucks, gotta order a new one" and not really be too upset about it, but now since i'm not making any money, it bothers me more. I did get an email from amazon last night, them asking a few questions and i answered them, so i'm still just playing the waiting game on getting another email back.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Hello corner.
I finished up unloading my truck from the camping trip and laid out the wet stuff on one side of the driveway to let it dry. I decided i was going to the carwash to wash the truck in the meantime. Well, when backing out of the garage i hit my passenger side mirror on the side of the garage and broke it. Usually i would just be like "well that sucks, gotta order a new one" and not really be too upset about it, but now since i'm not making any money, it bothers me more. I did get an email from amazon last night, them asking a few questions and i answered them, so i'm still just playing the waiting game on getting another email back.
i know you’re feeling a little down right now. i would be too. what types of questions did they ask last night? hopefully this means you’re a step closer. i was reading a suspension thread in the mTurk help section of the forum where aveline said it took her 2 weeks to get her account back when hers was suspended. and she had to msg everyday.

hopefully it won’t take that long for you. hopefully things will progress this week

• Love

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
aveline @aveline

did you get any info from Amazon when your account was suspended on why it was? possible script? just a wrong red flag set off?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
aveline @aveline

did you get any info from Amazon when your account was suspended on why it was? possible script? just a wrong red flag set off?
They just kept making vague references to a violation of the participation agreement while I was emailing them every day trying to get my account back. They didn't give me any specifics until after they reinstated my account (it turned out to be my requester account that got suspended because they thought I was paying for work done off-site).

cyberwasp

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i know you’re feeling a little down right now. i would be too. what types of questions did they ask last night? hopefully this means you’re a step closer. i was reading a suspension thread in the mTurk help section of the forum where aveline said it took her 2 weeks to get her account back when hers was suspended. and she had to msg everyday.

hopefully it won’t take that long for you. hopefully things will progress this week
The main thing was they said there was "task quality issues", and then they asked for my thoughts on that. I replied with my approval rating being 99.97%, there really wasn't much for me to say about it. I also got the same line about violating the Participation Agreement which Aveline just mentioned in her post. Their answers are as vague as possible, and i don't really care about that, i just need to know if they are going to fix it or if i should start job hunting before i start draining my savings too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peachy and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
The main thing was they said there was "task quality issues", and then they asked for my thoughts on that. I replied with my approval rating being 99.97%, there really wasn't much for me to say about it. I also got the same line about violating the Participation Agreement which Aveline just mentioned in her post. Their answers are as vague as possible, and i don't really care about that, i just need to know if they are going to fix it or if i should start job hunting before i start draining my savings too much.
I'm surprised they asked for any input from you at all, tbh. I've never heard of them doing that. Usually, they just send the same boilerplate "You violated the participation agreement, our decision stands" emails over and over and won't even talk to you until you've spent days or weeks blowing up their inboxes. The most discouraging thing about the whole process for me was that they had no intention at all of hearing my side. It made me feel incredibly powerless.

If it's just quality issues and they don't think you're trying to scam or anything, I think you might have an okay chance at getting it back. I wouldn't bank on that, though. As always with this platform, plan for the worst. Also, plan on this not being resolved quickly. It could possibly get dragged out for weeks or months and you have no guarantee that it will work out in your favor at the end of all of that.

I wish you the best of luck, though. Having been in that situation, I know how shitty it feels. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• Love

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Afternoon corner! First day of strike. I was hoping to earn some money on mturk, but I'm actually less than normal, so yay, lol.
I sure hope the rest of you are earning all that big money :)

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
it’s not officially a tropical storm
but it might progress into one in the next 30 or so hours

i feel like this is the first real weather threat for the area since Harvey in 2017

cyberwasp

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
im not turking until cyberwasp @cyberwasp gets his account reinstated
If you need an excuse for a break, then go for it. But everyone has bills, don't stop making money because of my problems. I'm just doing anything at all that pops up on prolific today, but that doesn't really add up to anything, maybe a week on Prolific would fill up my gas tank lol.