Post Your Pets!

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
soo we dont have a pet as of of now but finally after 8 years I have convinced my husband to let us get a cat. yay!

Ive been looking up litter boxes, and litter, but everything out there has both awesome and horrible reviews at the same time.

Can anyone chime in for me about a box and which litter to choose please. I will have to have a way to make sure our home does not have a "cat smell"

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
soo we dont have a pet as of of now but finally after 8 years I have convinced my husband to let us get a cat. yay!

Ive been looking up litter boxes, and litter, but everything out there has both awesome and horrible reviews at the same time.

Can anyone chime in for me about a box and which litter to choose please. I will have to have a way to make sure our home does not have a "cat smell"
The boxes that have the little domes hold the smell in imo. We don't personally have those but anecdotally it seems whenever I go to someone's house and it doesn't smell like litterbox it's because of that.

I use whatever clumping litter I can find, right now that's the new lightweight thingy.

The best way to combat the smell for us, is to clean it every day and sprinkle baking powder on it. They have that stuff specifically for cat boxes but it's basically just scented baking powder anyway. and I feel better about using a non scented thing for the grooming.

edit: baking powder as opposed to baking soda because it sprinkles better

oh and on the litter, cheap but not too cheap. the super super cheap stuff tends to 'aerate' (?) too much if that makes sense, and is bad for both cat and human respiratory system.

Last edited:

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
The boxes that have the little domes hold the smell in imo. We don't personally have those but anecdotally it seems whenever I go to someone's house and it doesn't smell like litterbox it's because of that.
I have 2 cats and live in a 300sq ft cabin and this type of litterbox is the only reason my house doesn't stink to high heaven.