Rep Present SelfConcept $60 10 Hour HIT Discussion

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Hm, I still find it and can get it through the link. The HIT also still has assignments and isn't expired. Have you potentially tried it before and returned it? Either way, I'll message you a potential solution.

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
It has become a bit more difficult to evaluate work immediately. Most of the time our system works to approve HITs at the time of submission, but the few HITs that fall through the cracks have to be evaluated manually. This may take a few days. I apologize for any inconvenience or slow pay, but you will be paid!

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Just sent out another round of 99 assignments! By the time you read this I'm sure they'll be gone!

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
Problem solved

Last edited:

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Bonuses for the last two rounds (anyone who accepted since 8/19) will go out a bit later than normal. I should have them out by mid-next week. This includes payment for assignments that are not completed.

Reactions: Starslip

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Just sent bonuses out for last two waves of HITs. Please email me if you believe you should get a bonus but didn't. Also sent out pay for partially completed HITs.

Just sent out another wave. We are getting towards the end, not too many assignments will be sent out after this!

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi! I emailed but wanted to follow up here. I have only a few experiments left and am going out of town today. Everything has been fine except the "next experiment" button doesn't advance after the fishing game. If I complete everything, can I submit without that one going through, or do I have to repeat it at the end? Thanks!

Edit: Just saw you responded to my email. :)

Last edited:

Stealthy714

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi I sent an e-mail, here is a copy of what I sent, just in case you read here first!
Hello, I am currently working on the 60.00 study for you and I stopped at a point last night where I had 27 experiments left. When I woke up today my browser had shut down and so I restored all the tabs and instead of the page telling me it had 27 left it was on the launch next experiment button, so i clicked that and it was the same one I finished last night. The one where I click the z or the m button for certain shapes and stop if there is a star around the z shapes. I am not sure if there is a way to by pass this since I already did it, or if I am going to have to do it again to continue. I will do it again if that is what it takes, but if there is a way to skip I would much rather do that since this is such a long study as is. Please let me know and thank you for the opportunity.

EDIT
Well I never heard back here or e-mail, so I did the task again and left a note in the comments. I needed to get started as I have a busy weekend. I am down to 15 left. Gotta take a break lol.

Last edited:

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to both of you. I've emailed you both, but thought I'd respond here as well.

For the fishing game, the steps that have worked for people include:
(1) disabled chrome extensions
(2) disabled adblocker
(3) clear cache/restart browser
(4) wait a few days after doing that and allow black magic to fix the problem for you.

If none of those work, just skip the fishing game and email me.

For the second issue - the repeated task when you came back to the experiment - make sure you press "Next Experiment" when done with each task to "submit" the data. If you don't press "Next Experiment" and close your browser or shut down your computer, the data for that experiment is not saved. I don't know if that was your problem, but it is the first thing that came to mind.

Stealthy714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to both of you. I've emailed you both, but thought I'd respond here as well.

For the fishing game, the steps that have worked for people include:
(1) disabled chrome extensions
(2) disabled adblocker
(3) clear cache/restart browser
(4) wait a few days after doing that and allow black magic to fix the problem for you.

If none of those work, just skip the fishing game and email me.

For the second issue - the repeated task when you came back to the experiment - make sure you press "Next Experiment" when done with each task to "submit" the data. If you don't press "Next Experiment" and close your browser or shut down your computer, the data for that experiment is not saved. I don't know if that was your problem, but it is the first thing that came to mind.
Yes that was probably it, because I never clicked next experiment till I was ready. I left a note too that I didn't do as well the second time because the shapes were changed to different letters, but I still had it in my mind from the night before lol. Oh well, I finished it up finally last night, thank you so much!

Reactions: Krikket

TurRaider8v

Reaction score
Hi,

I just sent an email but wanted to post this here too for more visibility due to Labor Day:

I skipped the Fishing game as instructed by refreshing into a new task whenever it came up. The issue is that I only had 1 task left and even though I was refreshing, it kept giving me the Fishing game. So I decided to do just do it again, hoping that it was fixed now. After I was done and I got to the final page where it says "Experiments 0 out of xx". (being vague to avoid posting HIT info)

I clicked on the Finished button but it does not work. I kept the tab open just in case and refreshed the HIT from another tab. It took me back to the Fishing game. Please tell me how I can submit and finish the task because currently it is just taking me on a loop to keep doing the Fishing game as the last task.

Last edited:

saturn

leisureforce
Reaction score
well i goofed pretty hard.

i accepted the HIT on wednesday, then left to travel for the weekend and couldn't actually get started on the HIT until last night. i had done a few of the tests last night and wanted to make some more progress tonight so that i could get another session in tomorrow morning and finish in the evening, but in my rush to get started tonight i clicked the return link rather than the continue link.

is there any chance at all of getting a second crack at this, or am i out of luck? i was really looking forward to finishing this HIT so i feel pretty stupid right about now.

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Saturn, I think it's too late. We only give people a week from acceptance and don't give extensions. Normally I'd be happy to make a makeup HIT for you (accidentally returning HITs happens!) but considering that the HIT would have expired for you pretty soon, I think you are just out of look. Sorry about that!

Reactions: saturn

Alexandra H

Reaction score
Weisian, I hope you are well. I sent an e-mail saying that I think I may not be qualified for the $60 HIT because I accidentally accepted the check-in. I was not aware that there was a check-in and configured my browser to accept HITs by requester ID. I know that this was a mistake on my part, and I know that I was not supposed to accept it, but I am hoping perhaps that if I received a qualification that way, that it can be revoked. I am very hopeful that I will still have the opportunity to take the HIT. I hope to hear from you soon.

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Alexandra, don't worry about it. That thing happens all the time. If you end up ever accepting the longer $60 HIT and can't do the check-in (if you returned it), then I'll make you another one. If you submitted it - then you are good to go should you ever accept the $60 HIT in the future.

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
I've gotten bonuses out to almost everyone. There are still 10 people from this wave (and even the last one, so sorry if that's one of you!!) who I still have to get to. By tomorrow I'll get those out, and then email me if you still haven't received what you think you are owed.

There will likely be one more (small) wave going out in the next day or two...

Reactions: ducky

FatsTurkson

Reaction score
Having the same problem accessing the "check In" Hit. I'd love to knock some of this out as soon as possible. Im super excited to start. Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
I still havent caught this HIT yet, can the panda be posted please?

FatsTurkson

Reaction score
My desperation is real on this, i set a panda for the Check in hit, because for some reason they aren't available to me? is anyone else having this problem? Should i have accepted the check in hit before i accepted the main hit?. i'm so confused and don't want to lose $60 in the process.

Last edited: