Show me yo foods

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You're quite the photographer!
Thank you! As I'm sure Blue @Blue can tell you, a decent camera and a low aperture does not a photographer make, but I'm working on it :p

And here's my bread pudding from this morning -- it was actually delicious! - topped with homemade apple compote, a drizzle of maple syrup, and some cream.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
More snowed in cooking spam - made soy-braised(kinda boiled?) chicken along with rice, stir fried potatoes, and bok choy;

beauty shot;

bok choy with garlic, ginger, oyster sauce

stir fried potatoes;

the (poorly) carved chicken;

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I always devour my food before remembering to take a pic :rolleyes:. Tonight I made teriyaki meatballs and broccoli over rice. I used frozen broccoli but last time I made this I steamed fresh.

Sondi @Sondi are you using a professional camera? Your pics and presentation are gorgeous.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I always devour my food before remembering to take a pic :rolleyes:. Tonight I made teriyaki meatballs and broccoli over rice. I used frozen broccoli but last time I made this I steamed fresh.

Sondi @Sondi are you using a professional camera? Your pics and presentation are gorgeous.
That is me like 80% of the time! I am feeding 5 people every night including myself, so most of the time I just get it done and everyone goes to town :p

and It's just an entry level DSLR but thank you :) I don't get the chance to eat out as often as I would like, so I try to make my in-home food experience as visually pleasing as I can :spaghetti::wineglass: I don't take pics of the day after a big meal when I just get out all the leftovers and tell people to microwave a plate!

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
... I don't take pics of the day after a big meal when I just get out all the leftovers and tell people to microwave a plate!
Leftovers may be less glamorous, but I applaud not wasting food. :)

Reactions: YAHU and Sondi

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Snack obsession: raspberry jam & labneh. Highly recommended. This is my first time buying labneh and it's delicious - like a less-sharp yogurt/cream cheese/mascarpone mix.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My mom is moving so she wanted her favorite comfort foods tonight. I decided to even bust out the made-from-scratch cornbread.

I pretty much cannot eat enough green bean casserole ever. Especially with a little white vinegar in the mix - mmmm.

Reactions: kryss and TQueen

ClamBurglar

Reaction score
More snowed in cooking spam - made soy-braised(kinda boiled?) chicken along with rice, stir fried potatoes, and bok choy;

beauty shot;

bok choy with garlic, ginger, oyster sauce

stir fried potatoes;

the (poorly) carved chicken;
recipe for bok choy? did you boil, stir fry, or steam it? Thanks

Reactions: Sondi

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
recipe for bok choy? did you boil, stir fry, or steam it? Thanks
Bok choy was blanched for a little over a min and set aside in the bowl - then for the sauce in a small skillet or saucepan fry equal parts garlic and ginger in oil, then add like 1/2 cup of chicken broth and a few tbsp of oyster sauce until it tastes good to you/salty enough to flavor all the bok choy :) Cook a few seconds to thicken and then pour it over the bok choy and eat right away.

Reactions: ClamBurglar

ClamBurglar

Reaction score
Bok choy was blanched for a little over a min and set aside in the bowl - then for the sauce in a small skillet or saucepan fry equal parts garlic and ginger in oil, then add like 1/2 cup of chicken broth and a few tbsp of oyster sauce until it tastes good to you/salty enough to flavor all the bok choy :) Cook a few seconds to thicken and then pour it over the bok choy and eat right away.
K this is pretty much what I expected. Can't wait to make this later!

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
K this is pretty much what I expected. Can't wait to make this later!
I think it'd make an amazing quick/simple vegetarian meal with some garlic steamed sweet potato or squash + rice. Maybe tomm night since today is officially a 'bad' eating day for me (ravioli for lunch and pizza for dinner tonight.. oy).

Reactions: ClamBurglar

ClamBurglar

Reaction score
I think it'd make an amazing quick/simple vegetarian meal with some garlic steamed sweet potato or squash + rice. Maybe tomm night since today is officially a 'bad' eating day for me (ravioli for lunch and pizza for dinner tonight.. oy).
I am making the bok choy for dinner and that's it no meat today so I'll have to make a lot and I'll have to see what other vegetables I got laying around to whip something up with maybe. :happy:

ClamBurglar

Reaction score
Sucks, just wish it wasn't winter so I could go garden raiding :(

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
spent the morning on this plate of wonder instead of working (didn't feel like sourcing black pudding, so I didn't - plus, it's probably gross);

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
you always make my diet seem so inadequate
Food is kinda my thing :p I have literally been thinking about this plate for the past week -- I have really specific things that I want, and then I make them happen :cookingegg:

Reactions: El Pablo

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
spent the morning on this plate of wonder instead of working (didn't feel like sourcing black pudding, so I didn't - plus, it's probably gross);

How can you have a Full English without mushrooms?!

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
How can you have a Full English without mushrooms?!
I didn't have any and I wasn't going to the store :p they were a 'nice to have' for me and not a necessity

Reactions: essjay

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Sondi @Sondi you've inspired me so this week I'm doing some Chinese stir fry type concoction. I'll let you know how it goes.