Show me yo foods

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I got 4 different kinds of all these weird mushrooms from the asian food store that I plan on just sauteing in a pan together with garlic and butter and just eating that for dinner lol
...That actually sounds delicious.

Reminds me of the first thing I ate when I got to Germany. They took me to this tiny little restaurant in the middle of nowhere and handed me a menu, and I didn't really know enough German to order food, but I recognized "pilz" as being "mushroom", so I ordered that. It turned out to just be these really tasty little mushrooms cooked in cream and butter. Since they served spatzle as like a side dish for the entire table, I just mixed the mushrooms and the sauce with my spatzle and to this day it's the best thing I've ever eaten.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh. It's not the kind of thing that looks really pretty, but we bought my step father a smoker for Xmas... and we created a monster.

He smokes all the things now. He just smoked half a salmon and it's the best thing ever. It's sooooo good. I keep making myself bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon.

Reactions: kryss and Sondi

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I made this giant pan of mac and cheese for my friend being here on Saturday night (the kids ate it for lunch and dinner on Sunday, too).

We also had a giant salad with lettuce, cucumbers, clementines, dried cranberries, pecans and homemade croutons (they were seriously amazing once I remade them cos I overcooked the first batch), along with a pomegranate dressing I make since I can't have vinegars anymore, so most pre-made dressings are out.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I made this giant pan of mac and cheese for my friend being here on Saturday night (the kids ate it for lunch and dinner on Sunday, too).

We also had a giant salad with lettuce, cucumbers, clementines, dried cranberries, pecans and homemade croutons (they were seriously amazing once I remade them cos I overcooked the first batch), along with a pomegranate dressing I make since I can't have vinegars anymore, so most pre-made dressings are out.
That is a massive mound of cheese :eek:

Homemade mac and cheese is the best.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The food looks amazing but I am wayyyy more impressed with your plating presentation and the resolution on these pictures.

You are pretty dang good with a camera.
Thank you :p Though it makes me feel weird whenever people say that, because I feel extremely average.

Here's another non-picture picture of last night's dinner. Maybe tonight I'll take a real picture again - been off my game with trying to work in like 1000% more vegetables into my meals after watching a bunch of scary food docs on Netflix.

This was; Butternut squash caprese (omg - basically normal caprese but with roasted butternut squash. Divine), Arugula, asparagus, and strawberry salad, and chickpea salad w/ veggies on awesome triangle bread.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Made colcannon and (homemade, vegan) sausages for St. Patrick's day. The sausages were a surprisingly good science experiment. My family didn't realize it wasn't meat :LOL:

ClamBurglar

Reaction score
Ok one more and then it's leftovers night for the next two days :smug:

Ginormous Salad.
Not pictured: Spicy peanut sauce dressing that I want to drink...

this looks amazing, what is green stuff on the right next to red cabbage?

I must hire you to be my personal chef :skittlefry:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
this looks amazing, what is green stuff on the right next to red cabbage?

I must hire you to be my personal chef :skittlefry:
I'm dying to eat it! I'm going to end up having dinner at 4:30.

Those are sugar snap peas sliced vertically to make them a better salad texture :)

Reactions: ClamBurglar

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score

Ginormous Salad.

Quinoa, snap peas, cucumbers, purple cabbage, tomatoes?
Whats the greens in the middle and whats the orange veggie? Peppers?

Best salad I have seen in a long time.

Reactions: Sondi

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Quinoa, snap peas, cucumbers, purple cabbage, tomatoes?
Whats the greens in the middle and whats the orange veggie? Peppers?

Best salad I have seen in a long time.
It is:
raw zucchini spirals (consider this the base - could also shave wide ribbons with a vegetable peeler)
red / orange bell pep
sugar snaps
red cabbage
cooked quinoa
green stuff in the middle: lots of sliced scallions, mint, and basil

re: the ingredients above - these are all not too watery and keep well in the fridge when cut -- good for make-ahead.

I was going to add carrots but I didn't feel like julienning them :) Cucumbers would be good too. And some lettuce thrown in. Lots of options!

I did end up eating at 4:30 :sorry: ... I wasn't sure how to mix it without killing it so I just took a little bit of everything and tossed it with the dressing in a separate bowl to make one serving.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenTemple

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Ginormous Salad.

Made two out of the ordinary meals this week, forgot to take pictures. :rain: