Skin Care / Beauty Products

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Too many beauty sales and I'm trying to save money. Hold me.

Reactions: corvid

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Let's talk about beauty boxes. I have mine down to three a month. What are your favorites?

-Sephora Play!
-Glossybox
-Mishibox

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
I only have Birchbox, but I'm going to switch to Sephora Play! once (if ever) I get off of the waitlist.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I only have Birchbox, but I'm going to switch to Sephora Play! once (if ever) I get off of the waitlist.
I was on the Sephra wait list for at least six months before I finally got in. :(

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
I was on the Sephra wait list for at least six months before I finally got in. :(
Noooo! It seemed like they opened it up to a bunch of people right after Birchbox announced they were doing away with the point system, but I was still on the fence and didn't sign up then. Now I think I'm too late and I'll have to wait forever. Glossybox looks really nice though. Maybe I should just splurge for that.

Do you have any experience with Julep? I just tried one of their nail polishes for the first time and I love it, but I'm not sure I want to be beholden to a single brand.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Noooo! It seemed like they opened it up to a bunch of people right after Birchbox announced they were doing away with the point system, but I was still on the fence and didn't sign up then. Now I think I'm too late and I'll have to wait forever. Glossybox looks really nice though. Maybe I should just splurge for that.

Do you have any experience with Julep? I just tried one of their nail polishes for the first time and I love it, but I'm not sure I want to be beholden to a single brand.
I've just heard that Julep is a nightmare to cancel so I haven't wanted to subscribe. I've tried a lip gloss and a nail polish by them and they were both good, though.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I need to get back into shit when I get back into a steadier income again.
I miss it. lol

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: kryss and aveline

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If you use the code 163633 at checkout on HSN.com, you get $20 off a $40 purchase PLUS free shipping. They have lots of great makeup and skincare products.

Edit: You need to use Visa Checkout to get the discount but you can use any credit card.

Last edited:

Annabel

Requester
Reaction score
You can also find some really good quality skin care products at TJ Maxx or Marshalls from time to time too!

10 random sheet masks for $10! Or you can get 5 for $5. You must do this. Sheet masks will change your fucking life.

http://www.skinilove.com/_p/prd1/4567202301/product/genie's-b'day-special:-10-for-$10
What's your skin type like? I tried using sheet masks before, but it felt super heavy on me - or perhaps the ones I was using just wasn't that great? :/

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You can also find some really good quality skin care products at TJ Maxx or Marshalls from time to time too!

What's your skin type like? I tried using sheet masks before, but it felt super heavy on me - or perhaps the ones I was using just wasn't that great? :/
I'm alway on the hunt at TJ Maxx and Ross for high end skin products! They can have some great prices.

I have sensitive, combination skin. All sheet masks are really different and I tend to prefer the thinner ones like the brand My Beauty Diary. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a trial and error process as far as what you and your skin likes. If you want any more recommendations, let me know!