Tax nightmare ~ Non-US (Czech)

lollypopng

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie non-us mturker (Czech resident). I haven't officially started doing mturk yet, but I am willing to put in the hard work. Right now I' just doing some research on it. And let me say, as a non-US mturker: TAX is a nightmare. I have spent the whole day researching on how to file taxes and how to make a virtual banking account where I can receive payment. Still not sure if I have all the right information tho... If you guys could help me out with some questions that I have.

Some background info:

- I'm a 21 years old uni student.

- I am not working at the moment. No part-time job either. And I would like to make mturk a side gig to earn some extra hundred(s).

Questions:

• I heard that Transwise & Payoneer are good options for a virtual bank account (in case I don't want to receive it in gift card). Is this true?

• If I want to get my money as an Amazon gift card, do I still need to file taxes on these?

• At how much money do I need to file taxes? I am not really expecting to earn up to a hundred in my first month...

• If anyone knows anything about the mturk taxes situation in the Czech Republic, please feel free to inform me!!

Thank you all in advance :)

jan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie non-us mturker (Czech resident). I haven't officially started doing mturk yet, but I am willing to put in the hard work. Right now I' just doing some research on it. And let me say, as a non-US mturker: TAX is a nightmare. I have spent the whole day researching on how to file taxes and how to make a virtual banking account where I can receive payment. Still not sure if I have all the right information tho... If you guys could help me out with some questions that I have.

Some background info:

- I'm a 21 years old uni student.

- I am not working at the moment. No part-time job either. And I would like to make mturk a side gig to earn some extra hundred(s).

Questions:

• I heard that Transwise & Payoneer are good options for a virtual bank account (in case I don't want to receive it in gift card). Is this true?

• If I want to get my money as an Amazon gift card, do I still need to file taxes on these?

• At how much money do I need to file taxes? I am not really expecting to earn up to a hundred in my first month...

• If anyone knows anything about the mturk taxes situation in the Czech Republic, please feel free to inform me!!

Thank you all in advance :)
Do you have an account?
I thought the tax limit for a US citizen was 12,200 per year. I don't know the laws around this at all. But that's the rule for US citizen. An individual does not have to pay taxes if they make less than that.

TBH, I don't hear many good things about the amount of work available to non-US citizens (there is some work, but it might be a lot harder). As a result, you probably don't have to worry about it? (Again, I'm in the US so I have no idea).