Trouble finding HITs

JasonXan

Reaction score
Hello all. After a long hiatus, I have recently come back to MTurk to do a little work on the side in between my real job, but I am coming to find out that I am barely finding HITs I am qualified to work on anymore. I have used MTurk off and on for years. Although I was never a super-involved user, I was able to pull a few thousand dollars over the years of using it. However, now I come to find out that I am not seeing a lot of HITs show up on my dashboard, where as before I would see enough work for me to make out with a decent $10-20 on the side each day. I have a 99.2% approval rate, and I am using the script 'MTurk Suite' on Google Chrome (it's what I was using before).

Is anyone having the same issue, and does anyone have any advice for me?

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
Hello all. After a long hiatus, I have recently come back to MTurk to do a little work on the side in between my real job, but I am coming to find out that I am barely finding HITs I am qualified to work on anymore. I have used MTurk off and on for years. Although I was never a super-involved user, I was able to pull a few thousand dollars over the years of using it. However, now I come to find out that I am not seeing a lot of HITs show up on my dashboard, where as before I would see enough work for me to make out with a decent $10-20 on the side each day. I have a 99.2% approval rate, and I am using the script 'MTurk Suite' on Google Chrome (it's what I was using before).

there are fewer hits - (plus it's near christmas). But the honest truth is that there is much less work out on the platform

JasonXan

Reaction score
That's unfortunate news :( Do you know the reason for why this has happened?

jan

Reaction score
That's unfortunate news :( Do you know the reason for why this has happened?
not specifically, of course. But one reason is amazon put no money/thought/time (not really) into the platform. They keep it going, and support it minimally.

That doesn't help.

JasonXan

Reaction score
I see, well thank you for the replies, and sorry for the late reply myself. It looks like I can only rely on MTurk for extra pocket money at the bare minimum level.

I do wonder though, if there is anyone that has ever been able to turn Mturking into a full time gig.

SueBee

Reaction score

I've been having the exact same problem for many months now. I can't attribute it to summer or winter break. There are very few HITS available each day, but I don't know why.