- Jan 12, 2016
- Reaction score
- Location EqualTo US
Thank you for getting some better clarification for us!Hello! I have a few more clarifications and other things from my meeting today:
Two other things:
- I'll reiterate what I said earlier about concern about using scripts. You're fine unless you're doing something you know is wrong, like scamming or running scripts that are so powerful that they're damaging the website or causing problems for other workers. Me running HIT Scraper to search for HITs I want to do isn't nearly enough to break MTurk or cause other problems, so things like that are fine.
- I did ask about HIT Database and similar scripts that save/store information on the worker's computer. I would not be worried about that.
- If a worker is doing something that raises a red flag at Amazon, you're not going to be outright suspended immediately. They will send a warning email (the one that says "we've noticed unusual activity with your account"). If you send an email back and ask what the problem was, they will tell you exactly what they noticed and what the concern is. They should not be replying with a generic "you just violated the participation agreement" type of email and should be saying exactly what the problem was that they noticed. If you get an automated or unhelpful response to your inquiry, please tell me and I will follow up because that should not be happening now.
- There was a question about whether the part of the new Participation Agreement that says "you will use your human intelligence and independent judgment to perform Tasks" means you can't talk to other workers. It means you can't share answers, as in you can't share completion codes or tell people how to respond in surveys or what to submit as answers. This is the same as before, and stuff we wouldn't allow on the forum, either.
- Some workers have been mentioning over the last few days that they've been getting signed out of the new site when they sign into the old site, or vice versa. If that's happening, it's a bug. If this is still happening for you, please send me a PM with whatever details you're comfortable with me sharing (worker ID, what you were doing when it happened, screenshots, etc.) and I'll get them to the team.
If you find a requester rejecting without good cause or asking workers to return HITs that can't be found, you can point out to the requester that they are acting in violation of the Participation and/or Acceptable Use policies. This will hopefully have more weight than just telling requesters that doing those things sucks for workers.
- The new Participation Agreement says "you will not reject Tasks performed by Workers without good cause" which means Requesters who reject without good cause are in violation of the Participation Agreement.
- The new Acceptable Use policy says requesters cannot "knowingly publish HITs that Workers will be required to return after accepting them". This means requesters that post a batch and tell workers they don't accept N/A or that they should return HITs that are not found are in violation of the Acceptable Use policy.
I hope that helps!