Rep Present UserBob HITs

floppyears

Reaction score
I think more time should be alloted to the overall mturk task (while keeping the userbob timelimit what it is). Here is the reasoning:
Workers get called away, or want to repeat the recording so it is even better quality. The length of time is just not enough (though at first glance you would think it would be). I think you would get better quality videos if you alloted more overall time.

The last one (today) I did was to review 3 prototypes. Only one 'took', I think because the second protype went to another tab/window. So, I wanted to do it again, and this time it would be even better. I got called away - which happens often for most people. I came back. I did what I thought was an absolute fantastic review, only to find out I was too late - 45 minutes passed. But I already did the review, so I sent it without getting the mturk proceeds, but I wanted you to have it anyway because it was really good.

What is a reasonable time? I am not sure, maybe 2 hours? People may be apt to send a better recording if they had the time to do a better one.

Reactions: theturkscribe

floppyears

Reaction score
I think more time should be alloted to the overall mturk task (while keeping the userbob timelimit what it is). Here is the reasoning:
Workers get called away, or want to repeat the recording so it is even better quality. The length of time is just not enough (though at first glance you would think it would be). I think you would get better quality videos if you alloted more overall time.

The last one (today) I did was to review 3 prototypes. Only one 'took', I think because the second protype went to another tab/window. So, I wanted to do it again, and this time it would be even better. I got called away - which happens often for most people. I came back. I did what I thought was an absolute fantastic review, only to find out I was too late - 45 minutes passed. But I already did the review, so I sent it without getting the mturk proceeds, but I wanted you to have it anyway because it was really good.

What is a reasonable time? I am not sure, maybe 2 hours? People may be apt to send a better recording if they had the time to do a better one.

UPDATE 11/3/2020 6:48:
UserBob is the best!! I see via an email that I received a bonus of the amount that I would have gotten had I been able to submit my hit (since I had submitted the video anyway) . They just did that on their own; I did not pursue it. I like you UserBob :wink: