UserTesting

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a member of UserTesting and I personally love it. It can get frustrating because it can be difficult to qualify for work, but when you do get something, it's unbelievably easy and it's a $10.00 minimum/job no matter what. They bump it up to $15 if the tests are longer. Then, if they like your submissions enough, they send you an Ipevo webcam to record your phone screen while you do jobs, and those ones are $15/job no matter what. They also have an app that you can download to complete tests that can only be done from your phone. I highly recommend this one. All jobs are paid out *exactly* a week later (literally to the minute), so that can also be annoying.

(There's another user testing site called TryMyUI that I recommend. Same kind of pay, but they pay out *much* faster than UserTesting. I also recommend that one!)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Have any UserTesting users had a problem this past week or so with there being no available tests? I normally see a few dozen or so on my dashboard every day. I don't qualify for most of them, but I see them pop up. For about the past week, there have been zero. Nothing. I emailed UserTesting asking if there was a problem with my account or if something else was going on and they gave a generic answer about how sometimes there are more tests available than at other times and just keep checking back, etc. Has anyone seen any tests on the dashboard this week (even if you don't qualify for them)?

cmp3400

Contributor
Reaction score
Have any UserTesting users had a problem this past week or so with there being no available tests? I normally see a few dozen or so on my dashboard every day. I don't qualify for most of them, but I see them pop up. For about the past week, there have been zero. Nothing. I emailed UserTesting asking if there was a problem with my account or if something else was going on and they gave a generic answer about how sometimes there are more tests available than at other times and just keep checking back, etc. Has anyone seen any tests on the dashboard this week (even if you don't qualify for them)?
I have screened out of 3 today, and there are 2 tablet ones I have not tried yet.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I have screened out of 3 today, and there are 2 tablet ones I have not tried yet.
What the heck! I wonder why I'm not seeing anything on my side. It's just said "Sorry, there aren’t any available tests for you at the moment. We’ll automatically update this page as soon as an available test is ready." for a week now.

Last edited:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
(There's another user testing site called TryMyUI that I recommend. Same kind of pay, but they pay out *much* faster than UserTesting. I also recommend that one!)
Thanks! I've had that one bookmarked to go test for but hadn't done it yet. I just did their test recording, so hopefully they'll invite me on to participate. :)

Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what happened but UserTesting was completely empty for me for a week. But suddenly today I checked it and I see lots of tests again. I also noticed that the dashboard color scheme had changed. Maybe they did an upgrade? Glad to see tests again, though!

Reactions: thedorchannel

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what happened but UserTesting was completely empty for me for a week. But suddenly today I checked it and I see lots of tests again. I also noticed that the dashboard color scheme had changed. Maybe they did an upgrade? Glad to see tests again, though!
I reeaaallly wish this part of the forum was more active lol

anyways... I've been getting at least 3-5 tests a week for over a year and a half. Every now and then I'll get a week where I only get 1 test, but its rare. I personally love usertesting. It saves my day a lot of the time. I just wish I got more tests lol. 10 bucks for 15 min is a beautiful thing

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I reeaaallly wish this part of the forum was more active lol

anyways... I've been getting at least 3-5 tests a week for over a year and a half. Every now and then I'll get a week where I only get 1 test, but its rare. I personally love usertesting. It saves my day a lot of the time. I just wish I got more tests lol. 10 bucks for 15 min is a beautiful thing
I saw a tweet in passing on Twitter awhile ago about how UserTesting has some kind of internal algorithm to ensure that workers don't get too much work because they want to stay under some tax reporting limits per worker. I replied and asked for more details but never heard back. So I think that's the reason why we're throttled a lot of the time. :(

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw a tweet in passing on Twitter awhile ago about how UserTesting has some kind of internal algorithm to ensure that workers don't get too much work because they want to stay under some tax reporting limits per worker. I replied and asked for more details but never heard back. So I think that's the reason why we're throttled a lot of the time. :(
I really hope that's not true. That would be so stupid.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I did notice testmyui here, assuming same. people? I know when I did a search for their hist here Uncle Bob came up too(though I didn't look further to see exactly why) ...do you guys do those as well? I was really interested in doing these but hard to get any 'quiet time's in my house. Hopefully in the fall.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
I did notice testmyui here, assuming same. people? I know when I did a search for their hist here Uncle Bob came up too(though I didn't look further to see exactly why) ...do you guys do those as well? I was really interested in doing these but hard to get any 'quiet time's in my house. Hopefully in the fall.
i think u mean trymyui. I signed up for them year ago. never got a single test.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
It's taken me over a year.. A YEAR. To get this screen recorder installed. Still can't do it. Crashes chrome. Every. Single. Time.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
It's taken me over a year.. A YEAR. To get this screen recorder installed. Still can't do it. Crashes chrome. Every. Single. Time.
Have you contacted them? When I've had issues before, they always had good customer service and responded quickly.

Reactions: thedorchannel

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I just want to say that doing the unpaid qualification surveys in the banner at the top DOES pay off. I've gotten to do moderated surveys a few times that way, and one longer diary project that paid $$$. I did a moderated survey last week from that, talking about cool new uses for VR, and it paid $40 for 20 minutes.

Reactions: humbleturker

Eetha

cuter than you
Contributor
Reaction score
I did these types of things when I was still real active on mTurk... Surprised at how quickly they've approved my account and my first task, they seem to be pretty on top of things.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I laughed out loud at this. There was an available test on my dashboard so I clicked the green "Screening Test" button and this was the first question:

Bernard O'Brien

Reaction score
I applied earlier this past week. They e-mailed twice asking me to re-take the test due to technical problems with my recording, specifically the audio. I recorded a third time and was approved the next day.
I've yet to see a test on my dashboard, which I'm hoping is due to the holiday weekend. I understand I'm not doing to be doing 20 tests each day. I'm not greedy, I know I probably won't get even 1 a day. It would reassure me to just see a test there, let alone get my first qualified test and have one under my belt.

Anyway, I've applied for a few more testing sites and am waiting on approval so hopefully those go well.