01/01 - A Brand New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

keljenner

Reaction score
Do the earners who are making over 60 dollars on a holiday get it from surveys? It's just I'm not seeing many hits on weekends or holidays and I turk all the time. I find it a bit odd that I turk mon thru friday and get around 80 bucks a day and I only earn about 20 or a little less on weekends, or holidays and there are people making 120 on a holiday. Never knew it was possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: <Gucci>

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Do the earners who are making over 60 dollars on a holiday get it from surveys? It's just I'm not seeing any of these hits on weekends or holidays and I turk all the time.
you'd be hard pressed to make 60 from surveys on any day. Batches are where its at. Look for stuff you can do multiples of

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Do the earners who are making over 60 dollars on a holiday get it from surveys? It's just I'm not seeing any of these hits on weekends or holidays and I turk all the time.
Accept everything you see.
Quite literally. :gucci:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
May I ask which hits you find the most lucrative? I tried some batches with receipts one and it was pretty time consuming :)
You need to get some scripts.
Install Mturk Suite that way you can see TO on everything.
TO is how we know what is good and what isn't.

Anything with receipts is going to be slave wages.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
May I ask which hits you find the most lucrative? I tried some batches with receipts one and it was pretty time consuming :)
as a former troll [in recovery], let me warn you that I can smell another troll..!

no, but seriously, you focus mostly on surveys like I do? every now and then look at the hits, sorted by total number available.
block trash
block nonsense
block crap
block often, so you don't see that crappy nonsense that you feel is too inferior to work on, for the pay given

do periodic searches for certain keywords, like 'qual, screen, demogra, longitud', ...

try new stuff - DON'T BE LIKE ME, [don't be afraid of things that are slightly different!]

having hitfinder running looking for NEWly posted items, without regard to their incentive amount might let you see specific qual hits that you otherwise might have missed.

Reactions: savvy and optipfrog

swimmeyfish

Reaction score
Is it a bad idea to have Hit Catcher running on more than 5 HITs at once? I just started using Mturk Suite today, so I'm learning. (I've got it set to 1s)

Last edited:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it a bad idea to have Hit Catcher running on more than 5 HITs at once? I just started using Mturk Suite today, so I'm learning.
The more stuff you have running (HIT Catcher or just scripts in general or a combination of all of the above), the slower it might run and you might get (harmless but annoying) errors from MTurk. The ideal number of things you can have going at once seems to be different for everyone, so you'll have to play around and see what works best for you and your system.

Reactions: swimmeyfish

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it a bad idea to have Hit Catcher running on more than 5 HITs at once? I just started using Mturk Suite today, so I'm learning. (I've got it set to 1s)
the more things you have running in hitcatcher, means the longer the time between each search for each individual hit.

if you have 9 things running, it takes about 15-16 seconds to search for each item on the list. [by default time of 1600ms]
if you have other scripts running too, you increase the time it takes to load each page
if you have other scripts searching mturk at once (i.e. running pandacrazy too) you also might risk PREing a search or two, which means that specific hit didn't have a successful search, since it resulted in a page that had a page request error, instead of your search.

of course, as electrolyte @electrolyte hinted, your own system, internet connection, and other circumstances might allow you to have more things running at once than other people can.

that said, amazon also will prevent too many page requests per second, which is also known as a PRE, so it's not like there are people out there able to search 20 different tasks per second.

Reactions: swimmeyfish
D

Deleted member 481

woops, nvm. I now know what the orange arrow does using HF, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 481

what orange arrow?
When you use regular mturk site to search for hits, there is a black arrow in a orange square (when HF is enabled). I didn't realize that posts here, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.