01/02 - First Monday of the Year is Suite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Fuck. My 2016 earnings are showing up on the Dashboard.

I made about $1,000 less on Mturk than I did in 2015 (the whole watching my infant son thing cost a lot of turking time)
But overall I made about $4,000 more for myself than I did in 2015 so I guess 2016 could have been worse.

jnalleyne

Reaction score
Has anyone 5's qual been revoked on here?

D

Deleted member 526

I don't have 2016 at all yet on my dashboard. but iirc it took a lot longer last year so I'm not worried.

Pascall

Maracuyá
Reaction score
Did you sell them back to the bookstore? Most of them will give you next to nothing for them. So lame.

I usually do mine on half.com (basically just ebay for books). They're pretty fair about prices and I'll always sell mine a little on the lower end to almost guarantee a quick sale. Some go for $100-$200 a piece haha I love the american educational system :cry:
I sold them to a Half Price Books because sometimes they can offer me decent cash for some of my personal books, but textbooks, they don't really care about I guess.

I'll check out that website next semester if I have books to sell! Thanks.

Reactions: LowCalCalzone

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The last time the kid and I took our books to the bookstore we received just over $100 in credit. We wanted more books so we didn't take the cash, but holy cow that was a windfall for us!

I know what books sell best now and have actually been thinking about checking thrift stores and yard sales for them on and off for some extra revenue!
That's awesome that you got so much! Even if you don't need the money, having the option of trading in books you've read/won't read for new stuff that you will is always cool beans in my book.

Thrift stores and garage/estate sales are fantastic places to grab cheap finds that you can sell. Craigslist free section/book section can have some good stuff sometimes as well, as long as you have a safe public space to go to to meet sellers. My friend uses these sources for her bookstore on Amazon, and has been able to fully support herself since she retired.

It's pretty neat that you can turn material items just sitting around your house into fast cash. It can also be positively cathartic to declutter your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: tricker

scootypuff_sr

Reaction score
that Consumer Researcher .75 hit was like 15 minutes. I want to strangle something.
I caught like 5 surveys real quick before and got excited, as I went to do them I realized they were mostly trying to pay like $.03-.05 a minute. All the slave wage requesters are out today, they must have noticed the holiday turker desperation

Reactions: thedorchannel

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't work in a few weeks and the first two HITs I accept give me the "Maximum number allowed" message.

Great Start :angry2:

jnalleyne

Reaction score
This past summer I lost mine. I went ham on a batch after being awake for 3 days and royally fucked up. Seriously hoping they put up a qual test so I can eventually get mine back.
So they quals away for going too fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.