01/05 - Theatrical Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brocktoon

Hey man, you fuckin' know Belvedere?
Reaction score
I'm not a doctor but (heh doctor butt) I think nicorette or vaping, or patches or whatnot are less harmful than smoking.

Smoking is bad. Gum/Patches/Vaping(I don't know about this one) are less bad.
I broke the glass to my tank last night and freaked out at the thought of going a night without my precious, precious nicotine, so I wrapped duct tape around the fucker and refilled it. Ended up having to go to the vape shop for a new tank this morning. The lady at the shop said, "Oh, you poor thing" when I showed her the mangled remains of my Toptank. Bought a Vaporesso Estoc and took it home. First good hit on it gave me a headrush I hadn't felt since I first started smoking....

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Leader Sleep Study(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: UWResearch [A1ZOABPWELFYXN] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 0] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Please only accept this HIT is you are both a poor sleeper and a leader.
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.1.13

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I broke the glass to my tank last night and freaked out at the thought of going a night without my precious, precious nicotine, so I wrapped duct tape around the fucker and refilled it. Ended up having to go to the vape shop for a new tank this morning. The lady at the shop said, "Oh, you poor thing" when I showed her the mangled remains of my Toptank. Bought a Vaporesso Estoc and took it home. First good hit on it gave me a headrush I hadn't felt since I first started smoking....
I don't think I've ever said "Oh, you poor thing" in a serious, completely non-mocking tone.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Description:
Time: 60 minutes
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Description:
Time: 1 hour
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

I am a leader of 3 small children and I sleep poorly because of it, but I don't think that is what they are looking for.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Categorization and Attention task [Bonus up to $2.00!] | PANDA
Requester: NYU Computational Cognition Lab [A2O6BB9HXEUXX1] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.58] [Fair: 4.53] [Comm: 3.77] [Fast: 3.88] [Reviews: 75] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Categorization game for cognitive science study. Takes 1 hour and pays $8.00 with expected bonus up to $2.00!
Time: 4 hours
Reward: $8.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Since I'm never going to catch this...
Thanks!! :D

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
To smokers out there, I have a question...

I have a friend that mentioned to someone else that they quit smoking cigarettes. Then they admitted that they do however, smoke marijuana.

I've never smoked anything in my life, but I was wondering since marijuana doesnt have all the chemicals that cigarettes do, would it be plausible to quit cigarettes by smoking marijuana?

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I have a friend that mentioned to someone else that they quit smoking cigarettes. Then they admitted that they do however, smoke marijuana.

I've never smoked anything in my life, but I was wondering since marijuana doesnt have all the chemicals that cigarettes do, would it be plausible to quit cigarettes by smoking marijuana?
Marijuana can be worse in some ways depending on how you smoke it. It's not filtered so all the smoke hits your lungs.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score

marijuanan is worse im pretty sure but meh...

Reactions: thedorchannel

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm not a doctor but (heh doctor butt) I think nicorette or vaping, or patches or whatnot are less harmful than smoking.

Smoking is bad. Gum/Patches/Vaping(I don't know about this one) are less bad.
With gum/patches/vaping you're getting the nicotine in a much purer form without all the other crap cigarettes have. The person is still addicted to nicotine, and it does have some harmful effects, but doesn't wreck your lungs like smoking does. I think why vaping works so well, it's because smokers still need to go through the ritual, chewing gum or putting on a patch isn't nearly as satisfying as actually smoking, even if it does look like they're sucking a robot dick.

twig

Reaction score

I know someone who claimed he did this, but I don't know how much I believe him. And while it doesn't have all of the additives of a cigarette it still has a LOT of tar. As far as I know, any kind of smoke going into your lungs is bad for them.

Back when I used to have my medical card I was smoking almost 2 packs a day instead of the half pack that was more normal for me. I haven't smoked anything in years now, but weed made me crave cigarettes even more than drinking did.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | PANDA
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.20] [Fair: 4.15] [Comm: 4.00] [Fast: 4.60] [Reviews: 80] [ToS: 0]
Description:
This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (undefined)
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $0.83
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; C-SATS Block DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;

Reactions: ChristopherASA

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.