01/05 - Theatrical Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
but does it work? the vaper is still dependent on nicotine. Right right it doesn't have the added chemicals and that's a HUGE plus but one never drops the nicotine addiction and that, after all, is what keeps someone smoking.
Nicotine itself does not cause cancer I believe (not sure), so I mean.. You will still be addicted, yeah.. but without cancer maybe

Reactions: Pleco

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
but does it work? the vaper is still dependent on nicotine. Right right it doesn't have the added chemicals and that's a HUGE plus but one never drops the nicotine addiction and that, after all, is what keeps someone smoking.
You can control the amount of nicotine that the juice contains though. I know some people who have gradually lowered the amount of MGs of nicotine in their juice and have successfully quit both smoking and vaping.

charlie

Reaction score
Oh without question the worst. And that's coming from a 15 year smoker who currently is less than 1 day down in quitting.

Don't want to risk getting political, but no one in their right mind - smoker, non-smoker or ex-smoker - can argue that cigarettes don't tick every goddamn one of those criteria.
good luck to you!! first couple days SUCK. it'll get easier i promise.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Nicotine itself does not cause cancer I believe (not sure), so I mean.. You will still be addicted, yeah.. but without cancer maybe
Maybe not cancer, but you increase your risk of cardio disease (stroke, heart attack, etc) exponentially with nicotine (regardless of delivery method).

Reactions: Pleco

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
i've never given it any thought. i smoked a couple joints in college a billion years ago but didn't care for it so never touched it again. also,there's the fact that it's illegal in Texas so there's that lol. I have a nephew who fits that mold. He's never smoked a regular cigarette in his life but he's an avid fan of marijuana. i suppose it can happen. I know lifetime non-smokers who enjoy the occasional cigar or pipe.
ah ok... once again I know nothing about smoking, but I've always imagined marijuana as something that is easier to quit.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Language study | PANDA
Requester: MH Tessler [A2QXZO4GR6V6NH] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.47] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 4.89] [Reviews: 21] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Paraphrase sentences that people said.
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.1.13

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Language study | PANDA
Requester: MH Tessler [A2QXZO4GR6V6NH] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.47] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 4.89] [Reviews: 21] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Paraphrase sentences that people said.
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
Quitting is about control. With patches you get a dose for 2 weeks, then then next 2 weeks they drop you down again, depending on how much you smoked.
(21 mg patches --> 14 mg patches --> 7mg patches). The whole point of nicotine replacements are to ease people into quitting because the side effects of withdrawal, especially cold turkey, suck.

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: PhantomCatt

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey About Relationships and Personality | PANDA
Requester: Lane Beckes [A1PMQAJHLNOB7T] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 0] [ToS: 0]
Description:
You are invited to take part in a research survey about relationships. The survey will ask questions about your behavior, feelings, and experiences in relationships, your personality, and your experience of fatigue in everyday life.
Time: 1 hour
Reward: $1.68
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't know how well it works for actually quitting smoking, as vaping is fairly new. But if the smoker is still getting nicotine without all the other harmful crap, that's miles better than smoking cigarettes. People forget because it's an every day thing and it's not illegal, but nicotine is crazy addictive, it's probably one of the hardest things to quit, right up there with some hard drugs.

charlie

Reaction score
ah ok... once again I know nothing about smoking, but I've always imagined marijuana as something that is easier to quit.
yeah i'd imagine so. i don't have the experience w/ weed to be able to tell you. generally, yes, the addiction to nicotine is very very strong and not being a doctor i wouldn't know whether this is true or not but I can't imagine there's much else out there that' harder to quit.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Title: Survey About Relationships and Personality | PANDA
Requester: Lane Beckes [A1PMQAJHLNOB7T] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 0] [ToS: 0]
Description:
You are invited to take part in a research survey about relationships. The survey will ask questions about your behavior, feelings, and experiences in relationships, your personality, and your experience of fatigue in everyday life.
Time: 1 hour
Reward: $1.68
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

response must be at least 4 characters when it asks for your age in years...

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
If you mean does it work to get you off of nicotine, then that depends. Most vapers tend to taper down their nic dosage, over time. I started vaping almost two years ago at 12mg and now vape at 3mg. Some vapers do drop down to 0 nic e-liquid, but...

A lot, maybe most vapers don't want to quit Nic. They just want it without the tar and carcinogens that come from burning plant material, not to mention the thousands of other chemicals in tobacco.

If you wanted to drop nic entirely, yeah, it will work. Another tidbit of info, is that some vapers report that their nicotine addiction is a lot less intense with e-liquid, than it was with tobacco.

Reactions: charlie and Pleco
Status
Not open for further replies.