01/08 - Woeful Wednesday

Which one do you prefer more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleFuse

Reaction score
It may have worked this time, for this requester, but I feel like it's not necessarily the best method regardless, and it impacts all workers on the platform, whether full time or not.
It impacts all workers huh? Well then somebody here is responsible for allwoing a low pay rate and it's not me for sure because I would say something about it if given the chance.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Social attitude study(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: MAPELab [A2OAYVAUPOQDKE] [TurkerView]
Description: In this brief survey, you will be asked to complete a short survey. The survey will take you 5 minutes and you will be paid $0.65 for your participation. **IMPORTANT: There will be SCREENING QUESTIONS AT THE BEGINNING and those past screening questions will be direct to the actual survey thank you!!**
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $0.65
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [1375994899-190530] DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 5 min, 54 sec
Catchability: Okay
Cons: low hourly

Reactions: scrmcasey

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about commuting and sense of space | Accept
Requester: Yue Qin [A2BNM92IU33NUX] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.75] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This survey is about your means of commuting and questions on your sense of direction
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: scrmcasey

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Can we not do this again, please? People are just trying to be helpful.
I understand that she's just sharing her experience but I feel like it'll encourage others to use a method that I think is damaging, which is why I think discussion is important so people can see different perspectives.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I understand that she's just sharing her experience but I feel like it'll encourage others to use a method that I think is damaging, which is why I think discussion is important so people can see different perspectives.
I agree with you, but in this case I think it might be best to just let it go. We had the discussion yesterday and attitudes came out quickly and it just led to arguments.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with you, but in this case I think it might be best to just let it go. We had the discussion yesterday and attitudes came out quickly and it just led to arguments.
Fair enough. She did link yesterday's thread so people could just look at the discussion there. I felt like since this is a new thread though more context was needed which is why I ended up replying. Anyway you're right so :sofa:

Lumius

Reaction score
It is a scientific fact that people respond better to kindness, but at the same time you have to stand up for yourself. Finding a good balance is key.

As an independent contractor, while an angry email can be effective, you can establish much better relationships with friendly persistence.
You will gain more in the long run from politeness and respect. If you treat others well, they will treat you well also.

Additionally, if Mturk causes anger or other negative emotions on a consistent basis, it is probably more logical to get an even minimum wage job we like or can relax while doing.

Spreading anger and hate only destroys the community we are part of!

Edit: Sometimes the requester simply doesn't know better, or speaks English as a second language. My first ever rejection in 2016 was from someone who rejected and blocked all the demographics they didn't need, because they didn't know about screeners.

Last edited:

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Survey about Stress, Self-Esteem, Ethnic Identity, and Experiences of Racial Microaggressions(~ 10 minutes) | Accept [PC] Add: PandaOnceSearch
Requester: Samantha Robinson [AHZM2NC8X3FW8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.09] [Pay=Low] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 1
Description: Survey to explore the relationships between stress, self-esteem, ethnic identity, and experiences of racial microaggressions
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.
Emailed requester and they got back really quick with the workable link, but I had already returned it. Seeing if there's a way for me to be compensated if I do the survey.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 7-minute study about product reviews (MUST NOT USE MOBILE DEVICE) | PANDA
Requester: Ann Kronrod [A193J8I0NUJLAJ] [TurkerView]
Description: In this 7-minute survey you will evaluate 14 pairs of sentences on 3 questions (MUST NOT USE MOBILE DEVICE)
Duration: ~30min
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 4 min, 8 sec
Catchability: Okay

Reactions: ducky
Status
Not open for further replies.