• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I guess I'm failing to see how the person in question was bad from the messages? Or aggressive? Who knows.

I wish I could stay off Facebook for a whole year, but I have no family near me and only way I can keep in touch is through FB.
It read like maybe he had been a jerk at another time and that was the last straw, but also kind of like there was a language barrier?
The easiest way to not go on facebook is to not have one.
I would LOVE to but I help out with my FIL's business on FB (from halfway across the country but nevermind that). He needs it, and he is not a tech man so here I am. Also my business has a FB page I need to maintain... and some of my old professors and classmates, you know who FB was designed to keep in touch with originally, use a FB group to keep in contact and I need to keep that also.

I did consider deleting all of my family but I just decided I'd not go on FB unless alerted by someone I actually need to contact. It's been like a few years of me trying to figure out how to untangle myself without it being an issue but here we are.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't had Facebook for a year. I just sent a message to all of the people I wanted to keep in contact with and I either call or text them now. I haven't missed it one bit. I also get a lot more done now without it.
I gave up Facebook after one of my sisters became a flat earthier and moon landing denier and posted stupid ass shit all the time.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Scenario Study(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Joseph [A1RUWGBC9JVTM7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.37] [Pay=4.24] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.44] [Pen=0.29 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.90
Duration: 50:00
Available: 23
Description: Full Time US Employees Only Please.
Qualifications: Exc: [827190061-122886] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I gave up Facebook after one of my sisters became a flat earthier and moon landing denier and posted stupid ass shit all the time.
One of the main reasons I had to give it up was because my dad is constantly posting offensive stuff and he would call me to ask if I saw it and I couldn't unfriend my dad, so I just deleted it so I wouldn't offend him lol.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess I'm failing to see how the person in question was bad from the messages? Or aggressive? Who knows.

I wish I could stay off Facebook for a whole year, but I have no family near me and only way I can keep in touch is through FB.
from what i can see, it looks like he was only a moderator, and was trying to take over the group. changing the questions, banning people, being super weird in messages.

he always gave off major creep vibes to me. i stopped posting as much once he became mod. he just rubbed me the wrong way

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
My sister doesn't even answer my texts, so the whole call or text doesn't work with her, LOL.
Social media is only way I know what's going on with them. :(
That is the only way my sister communicates too. Now, I only talk to her on holidays when she actually calls me.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
It read like maybe he had been a jerk at another time and that was the last straw, but also kind of like there was a language barrier?

I would LOVE to but I help out with my FIL's business on FB (from halfway across the country but nevermind that). He needs it, and he is not a tech man so here I am. Also my business has a FB page I need to maintain... and some of my old professors and classmates, you know who FB was designed to keep in touch with originally, use a FB group to keep in contact and I need to keep that also.

I did consider deleting all of my family but I just decided I'd not go on FB unless alerted by someone I actually need to contact. It's been like a few years of me trying to figure out how to untangle myself without it being an issue but here we are.
If it were for business purposes that's a completely different ball game. Personally I've never had an interest in any of the social media platforms, just doesn't appeal to me.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
I did that for a while. I unfollowed everyone and then for a while I had it so my family could see NONE of my posts, b/c all of my posts were directly related to my field and my classmates and my friggen family would comment on shit and say offensive things. Like one of my brothers commented a vaguely racist thing on something all of my professors (some of whom I was teaching alongside at the same university at the time!) could see, and we shared a last name, and I just... UGH. But now I can't hide everything from my family, and I can't just unfollow ALL of them.

I do miss seeing my 90+ year old Aunt posting. She's sharp as a tack and very into politics, she's a hoot.
i do the same, but thankfully my family isnt bad.

i do hide lots of posts from my family tho, since i have my kids on there.
i mostly post in closed groups anyway. and i don't comment on public things. if friends post public statuses, i don't even interact.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I feel the exact opposite. All my family and inlaws are on FB. In no way can that be construed as fun.
I have most of mine unfollowed because they always post those stupid 'I'm a strong woman and you don't deserve me' and 'i'm a bad bitch' stuff that for some reason frequently has a minion on it

xqyzt

Reaction score
I have most of mine unfollowed because they always post those stupid 'I'm a strong woman and you don't deserve me' and 'i'm a bad bitch' stuff that for some reason frequently has a minion on it
I get into trouble when I do that too because my mother in law will call me up and try to start shit "can you believe what so and so posted on FB?" and its... its just not a good situation if I'm not informed at least somewhat.

Reactions: themildone
Status
Not open for further replies.