01/14 - Smackdown Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurkSerf

Totally
Reaction score
I had a question...if Amazon Turk's TOS says to not give any personally identifying information but a psychology hit requires me to enter my mturk ID and submit it to them, which identifies me, am I not violating the TOS by doing so?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a question...if Amazon Turk's TOS says to not give any personally identifying information but a psychology hit requires me to enter my mturk ID and submit it to them, which identifies me, am I not violating the TOS by doing so?
Your Worker ID isn't considered personally identifying information.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Your mturk ID doesn't personally identify you, it identifies your mturk account.

TurkSerf

Totally
Reaction score
Your mturk ID do

Doesn't personally identify you, it identifies your mturk account.
Oh I'll still do them, I'm just saying that some of these psyche hits are pretty disturbing...for example if someone keeps asking me if I want to harm or injure things....(had one like that yesterday) I would think that the survey reviewer would have a responsibility to report it to Amazon....just sayin' I guess it's not really answerable... (whispers: fusion centers)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I'll still do them, I'm just saying that some of these psyche hits are pretty disturbing...for example if someone keeps asking me if I want to harm or injure things....(had one like that yesterday) I would think that the survey reviewer would have a responsibility to report it to Amazon....just sayin' I guess it's not really answerable... (whispers: fusion centers)

Oh, have I got a link for you then.

Go read one of MTurk's best urban legends: https://www.reddit.com/r/mturk/comments/2inl2s/swatted_for_doing_a_survey_wtf/

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score

Amazon wouldn't do anything. But if someone seems extreme they can report it to authorities. Bottom line is don't go bat shit crazy in a survey

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: TurkSerf

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
will Mturk ban you for cussing out a thieving POS requester?

Status
Not open for further replies.