01/14 - Talk Nerdy To Me Thursday

Should we have a reputation system on this forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Your life will never be the same and your UPS guy will have pet names for you (no joke.)
We have this one UPS driver... he's an older dude. We have on our account for UPS to leave the package, right? But since s/o and I work from home, he knows we are almost always here >_>

And so he waits patiently for us to answer. And when I do answer, I just get the creepiest vibes. Like dammit please just leave the package at the door and leave :oops:

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
nope that won't work, they closed that loophole last year
I wonder if it will work if I've previously had a free trial of Prime? Never paid for it, but back when I was in college, it was free for like 2 or 6 months or something.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Can I make a new amazon account, buy a gift sub with that, then use it on my old account?
no, if your current account ever had prime you can't do it. The first year they did this 2 years ago, that worked, but last year they closed the loophole totally

BlueSkyHippie

Graveyard Queen
Contributor
Reaction score
nope that won't work, they closed that loophole last year
But if your kids are on your Prime, you can gift it to them and they can activate it when yours expires...maybe?

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Bees are absolutely fascinating. Whenever I get a house in my life, I want enough land to grow crops and raise some bees. I'm sure it feels very rewarding to know you're helping them out. We would be completely screwed if the bees went extinct or something :(

Reactions: Dharma

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
We have this one UPS driver... he's an older dude. We have on our account for UPS to leave the package, right? But since s/o and I work from home, he knows we are almost always here >_>

And so he waits patiently for us to answer. And when I do answer, I just get the creepiest vibes. Like dammit please just leave the package at the door and leave :oops:
Oh, well that's no good. Could you just ignore his knock until he leaves?

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if it will work if I've previously had a free trial of Prime? Never paid for it, but back when I was in college, it was free for like 2 or 6 months or something.
probably not, doesn't hurt to try though

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Next time he delivers something go on and on about the new job you got, how you're never gonna be home and makin' all kinds of money.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Easy Short 1 Min Survey! | PANDA
Requester: Jane Smith [AVOD6LKKJEI15] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 2.47 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.81 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.10 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.41 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 48
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Test for Accept or Decline Time Jobs
Time: 3 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 0, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90, The Time Qualification is greater than 90

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Next time he delivers something go on and on about the new job you got, how you're never gonna be home and makin' all kinds of money.
Or put a note on the porch that says "leave packages on the porch"... you can go further and add something like "if light is on" and put a colored bulb in the front porch light if you have one.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey About Your Local Insurance Agent (3942015) | PANDA
Requester: Open Ur [AR7Q3OG9UDF1L] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.71 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 12

Description: Tell us about your experience with your local auto and/or home insurance agent.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 2
Reward: $1.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; Previously Completed Survey has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99; Location is US

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Requester has the screener and another up as well.

Title: Images Based Vocational Survey v2 ($0.75 , 60 questions, < 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: PP, Inc. [ASNKWBW0L8846] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 2.33 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 10

Description: Pre-qualified workers who passed our Vocational Text based pre-screening can take this images based survey. Coherence between previous and current vocational survey will automatically qualify the workers for high-pay cognitive surveys. Please answer this particular survey only once, subsequent submissions will be rejected.
Time: 4 hours
Hits Available: 113
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: vocational_3 has been granted

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, well that's no good. Could you just ignore his knock until he leaves?
Haha I have honestly tried it before. But then he keeps knocking, so I get fearful that he won't leave the package lol.

Lol I could definitely try it :ahhh:

Reactions: Jaded

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon Prime even at 99 bucks is a hellva deal, when you consider all the things you get, videos, music, cloud storage, etc. I'll never give it up
I agree. The prices for household goods on Amazon is much better than the prices in stores around here, so even when you add on the Amazon Prime fee, I'm still saving money, especially combined with the gas to drive to the store and the time lost in doing so.

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
Or put a note on the porch that says "leave packages on the porch"... you can go further and add something like "if light is on" and put a colored bulb in the front porch light if you have one.
Like.. a red light? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.