Do you like Tom Brady?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
I work for "the man" and although I don't agree with the morals AT ALL I agree with the steady paycheck.
Making more money is a no brainer for me personally. Financial difficulties is one of the leading causes of poor mental health according to many peer reviewed scientific studies. Money cant buy happiness is an old wives tale that has no legitimacy at all. Money does bring opportunity, experiences and material possessions that positively affect mood and mental health.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
no. I love my job but not how i'm treated or the pay. lol I love parks and rec! i would rather work with horses. but none of that pays the bills enough.
Ok, maybe you need to broaden your ... horizons. There may be other professions that have similar qualities to "parks and rec"/horses that might fit the bill. My brother took one of those tests (a very reputable one) and wound up combining two professions into one and lived the rest of his life waking up very morning dying to go to work 'cause he loved it so frigging much. :)

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else sign for the audible tow months free and 15.00 gift card? If so how long did it take for the gift card to show up on your account?

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Rate pain faces | Accept
Requester: Tim Salomons [A1F1WJN9AVLW9X] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.55] [Pay=4.67] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 9
Description: View pictures of people experiencing pain and try to judge how much pain they're in
Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
l[/td][/tr]

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Making more money is a no brainer for me personally. Financial difficulties is one of the leading causes of poor mental health according to many peer reviewed scientific studies. Money cant buy happiness is an old wives tale that has no legitimacy at all. Money does bring opportunity, experiences and material possessions that positively affect mood and mental health.
Money, pre se, can't really make us happy, but it can take one hell of a load off our shoulders enough to allow the pursuit of true "happiness."
(Haidt's "The Happiness Hypothesis.")

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Spot on!

Skylycat

Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Chad Dodson for work related to 3NBFJK3IOGH5L3BXFBABCVPA624GOI.
The value of your bonus is: $1.25 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

:party:

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
True, but my mental health issue is anxeity, and a stressful job I hate causes a lot of that too. It would probably be 50/50 on the pro/cons list for a job like this.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Cindy Frantz for work related to 35ZRNT9RUHX1UPVZBC14O5Z74ST3OD.
The value of your bonus is: $5.50 USD

Me too, yay:

You've received a bonus from Cindy Frantz for work related to 3XABXM4AJ04QGYEL26O44R2IZF38QI.
The value of your bonus is: $5.50 USD

Last edited:

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Chad Dodson for work related to 34F34TZU7VY15YCT0JXH2VENXPPJ2J.
The value of your bonus is: $1.25 USD

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'd be happier if I owned more luxury items.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
Money, pre se, can't really make us happy, but it can take one hell of a load off our shoulders enough to allow the pursuit of true "happiness."
(Haidt's "The Happiness Hypothesis.")
Yup, I know from personal experience that money made things in my life better and more secure for me. I used to have a pretty good job making a steady weekly paycheck and although I had to work 50 or 55 hours most weeks I felt like I still had more energy back then than I do now working on mturk. The happiness money brought was just less stress I guess you could say. I never had to worry about bills or having enough money for x or y. I worked a lot in a job but I felt more secure. Secure is probably the best way I can describe what having money can do for you.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Having our basic needs met is essential for good health physically, mentally and emotionally. But I would say that my needs now, in the US with hubby, who I love are less, than when I was in the UK with a very well paying but draining job, living with an ex who I didn't care for.

I never realized the importance of emotional health to my wellbeing and everyday needs. A happy me needs far less than an unhappy one, even without a regular income between us.

Status
Not open for further replies.