• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
tom brady ranks up their with draymond green and the warriors to me

total hatred
I don't think they're on the same level. Tom Brady has never tried to injure another player. He is older than most players but knows how to keep his body in shape to keep playing, even when he could retire comfortably, so he can keep fans happy? Also, his wife is a super model.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
PeachyRider waits for someone to vote yes

Reactions: GoldenTemple

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I don't think they're on the same level. Tom Brady has never tried to injure another player. He is older than most players but knows how to keep his body in shape to keep playing, even when he could retire comfortably, so he can keep fans happy? Also, his wife is a super model.
stop making good points

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
What's over/under on puppies being good? More than 5?
At least three, but not more than five. More than five is too loud if they are big dogs. (I don't remember the breed.) And big dog barks startle me.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Ignoring a survey to talk about authors, nerd alert :p

If I removed every dirty old man from my bookshelf, I'd have an awfully empty bookshelf. KVJ was a complicated dude, I wouldn't be surprised if he did some skirt chasing but idk, more suicidal/drunk than sexual predator I think. I hope anyhow.
Yeah, pretty much. https://www.theguardian.com/books/2011/dec/03/kurt-vonnegut-biography

Edit: Also he dead. He real dead.
Yeah, that was a shitty day. I don't have any cool stories about the day he died, but I can tell you that no one at my shitty retail job was particularly impressed by my explanation of why I seemed really depressed that day.

When I was teaching ENG 101/105/10-whocares I used to assign Slaughterhouse 5 as a semester long extra credit project just to get them reading it.
Having vague memories now that my one English teacher in high school who had us read Cat's Cradle had to make a giant stink for a long time before they let her do that, but...yeah. I ended up with an entire shelf of Vonnegut before I graduated, thanks to that teacher and that book. Can totally relate to the "someone different like I was" feel.

YES. And a writer talking about important things in an entertaining way that feels more like a conversation than a lecture? Yes please! Such a great writer.
Eh. As an adult I'd have to pull harder for Bradbury; just as concise, so much more elegant, didn't have to stunt nearly so hard to get his point across.
Which isn't to say that Vonnegut isn't great. I'm glad you got to teach classes where you could, er, "inspire" people to read him, that must have been pretty cool.

***end nerd alert, please continue talking about sportsballs or whatever

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
At least three, but not more than five. More than five is too loud if they are big dogs. (I don't remember the breed.) And big dog barks startle me.
What about cats? You have to think about that variable. And whether the dogs get along with the cats.

Reactions: Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.