01/17 - Three-Bean Thursday

Do you like bacon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
I caught a soft ban on the Computer Vision HITS for no reason I can fathom. I only did six of them before it happened and the only bad boundary I drew was on a tiny ass bird at maximum zoom. It was literally unavoidable. I was looking forward to doing those all night long.

Reactions: cyberwasp

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
I caught a soft ban on the Computer Vision HITS for no reason I can fathom. I only did six of them before it happened and the only bad boundary I drew was on a tiny ass bird at maximum zoom. It was literally unavoidable. I was looking forward to doing those all night long.
someone else said the same thing. 6 hits might be the cap?

Reactions: Nikoratos

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
yeah it was me that was also soft blocked after 6, one of them i did they wanted me to trace the shirt of a girl that was so far away she was just a fuzzy, so i imagine thats what got me. Judging by how slowly the batch number is going down, alot of people caught soft blocks already.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I never can get those. I'll get halfway done and somehow my boundary goes away when I move around the screen. I know I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what it is.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
They've dropped like 20.000 of them so far today.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
I never can get those. I'll get halfway done and somehow my boundary goes away when I move around the screen. I know I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what it is.
I don't think you are. The interface is buggy. I've had the same thing happen.

Reactions: Kennedy

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah it was me that was also soft blocked after 6, one of them i did they wanted me to trace the shirt of a girl that was so far away so was just a fuzzy, so i imagine thats what got me. Judging by how slowly the batch number is going down, alot of people caught soft blocks already.
I return those. I learned my lesson with these when they were posting as Noah HITs. Anything suspect I return even if I'm part way through.

cyberwasp

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
there is keyboard shortcuts, one of them is to delete what your working on, maybe you hit that (idk i don't use the keyboard shortcuts except for alt to keep it from snapping to the border)

Reactions: Kennedy

cyberwasp

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
They've dropped like 20.000 of them so far today.
a few months ago when they were dropping as Noahs, one night i came on late and most people were complaining about being soft blocked like we are now, and i started to work on them that night expecting not to get that far, but ending up working on them til morning and made $290

Reactions: Sam09 and Nikoratos

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
a few months ago when they were dropping as Noahs, one night i came on late and most people were complaining about being soft blocked like we are now, and i started to work on them that night expecting not to get that far, but ending up working on them til morning and made $290
That's what I was hoping for tonight. I could use a cash infusion. My diet is getting very bland.

nmelssx

Reaction score
I return those. I learned my lesson with these when they were posting as Noah HITs. Anything suspect I return even if I'm part way through.
Okay. I just got soft-banned as well after doing a few of Computer Vision Turk's HITs.

So, I just did one where it marked a baby in a crib, and asked if the marked object is a crib or not. I said no. Since a baby is not a crib, even though there is a crib in the picture. Was I wrong to do that, or no? In another picture, there was a donut shaped toy in a dog's mouth, but the marker was inside of the donut hole, which technically isn't touching the donut shaped toy, and when it asked me if the marked object was a toy, I replied yes, and traced it. However, I only traced the outside of the donut shaped toy. I didn't trace the hole itself, so instead of 2 traces, one for the outside of the toy, and one for the hole on the inside, I only did the outside. Was that wrong?

Honestly, the fact that so many people are getting soft banned without any explanations is disconcerting. And this is AFTER we all passed the initial screening HIT itself to do the batch. Instead of soft banning, the requester should be setting up more training HITs that pay less with examples that show you what you did wrong, if you did something wrong, and after we pass a certain number of training HITs, give us a qualification to do the real HITs. Instead of doing that, they are posting 10k HITs for everyone to do, and then soft bans 90% of the workers after they only do a few HITs for them. That's no way to get good quality work.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Survey (~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Chethana Achar [A2A3OPC1E1VJ0P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$4.11] [Pay=1.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.88] [Fast=4.27] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=20] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.21] [Pen=0.03 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.65
Duration: 30:00