Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey as a front-line restaurant employee in U.S.A. | PANDA
Requester: hyung hwa Oh [A3CG18W5VTBPX2] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 0.00] [Fair: 1.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 0.00]
Description:
A survey regarding how you feel as a restaurant front-line workers (non-managerial position only).
Time: 20 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US;

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Does anyone ever do the "Choosing where a video takes place" HIT from Places Database? They always pay out, but their videos are wrong, to say the least. I had one that had videos that took place in a hospital. It's always tell you if the first three answers are wrong. The first video was of a woman sitting at a table, reading a newspaper, and drinking coffee. Logic tells you that this is NOT taking place in a hospital, right? Wrong. Another was "Play House" and the first video was of a couple walking down a sidewalk. Not a play house. Except the HIT said I was wrong when I chose 2 (indicating that it wasn't). "Zen Garden". A woman was in the park, feeding pigeons. No way that could be considered a zen garden. According to Places Database, it is. And it goes on and on.

It would be one of the easiest HITs on mturk, if they would stick with the definitions of their locations, but they don't.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Message from Computer Vision Turk
---------------------------------
Hi,

Thanks for doing the HITs you might have noticed you got a soft ban for Trace object Boundaries HIT and felt it was not justified.
I completely agree and I am sorry that you were soft-banned. Your work was great and I hope you would give us another chance by doing our HITs.

Since I can't do daily checks I will try to do them once per couple of days and unban people who do great work but are unfairly banned. But rest
assured I read all your emails and also the comments in the feedback section.

As always if you have suggestions as to how I can improve the process please free to email or use the feedback tab.

Regards,
Computer Vision Turk

Well, thats good i guess. Could of made $200 on what i couldn't touch so far but yeah, thats great. *rubs forehead*
Usually their message has always basically indicated don't waste our time with emails if you have been soft banned inside of the hits themselves, nice to see they are maybe starting to figure out their system is kinda poop.

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Requester: Dare Devel [A1I14XD7VG40PZ]

I just want to say that even though I have this dumb screen-name, and have for the past 20-ish years... at least my 12 year old self didn't come up with that one.
It's still better than Dongho Yu.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for doing the HITs you might have noticed you got a soft ban for Trace object Boundaries HIT and felt it was not justified.
I completely agree and I am sorry that you were soft-banned. Your work was great and I hope you would give us another chance by doing our HITs.

Since I can't do daily checks I will try to do them once per couple of days and unban people who do great work but are unfairly banned. But rest

As always if you have suggestions as to how I can improve the process please free to email or use the feedback tab.

Regards,
Computer Vision Turk

Well, thats good i guess. Could of made $200 on what i couldn't touch so far but yeah, thats great. *rubs forehead*
Hi, would you mind possibly removing the requester's email address from your post, please? We prefer that those don't get posted in the work thread out of respect for the requester, in case they don't want that address posted publicly.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Regards,
Computer Vision Turk

Noah still hasn't unbanned me, we had a bit of a war of words

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mboone73 and cb456

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
To be fair, you just described the University of Houston program for the past 50 years.
50 yrs is stretching it

i didnt watch when Hakeem played there

they seem to be good the last couple seasons

i still need to go to their new arena

Reactions: mboone73

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Trace Object Boundaries | PANDA
Requester: Computer Vision Turk [A1BEQYW3DRR3BR] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
See Instructions (v.05).
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 201
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;

I've never done one of these.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
I received this email a little while ago. If you caught a soft ban on the Computer Vision hits you might have one sitting in your inbox too.

Hi,

Regards,
Computer Vision Turk

Reactions: Concise

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
50 yrs is stretching it

i didnt watch when Hakeem played there

they seem to be good the last couple seasons

i still need to go to their new arena
It was a bit of hyperbole, yes. The phi slamma jamma years were a lot of fun. But they do have a history of missing free throws when it matters.

Reactions: Kliq and Peachy

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hi, would you mind possibly removing the requester's email address from your post, please? We prefer that those don't get posted in the work thread out of respect for the requester, in case they don't want that address posted publicly.
gotcha, edited

Reactions: aveline

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Computer Vision Turk -

I appreciate others sharing their actions around this requester's behavior. I think... other requesters put in caps, although the way this requester handled theirs... yeah, not the best.

Will keep an eye on the forum.

Reactions: Liz

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Still banned from computer Vision after 3 HITs. Wish he'd bring back the spot the object ones

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Noah still hasn't unbanned me, we had a bit of a war of words
I don't normally contact requesters. I figure my talking to people rarely helps matters. Anyway, I hope you get unbanned soon.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't normally contact requesters. I figure my talking to people rarely helps matters. Anyway, I hope you get unbanned soon.
I was nice...at first. Never argue with a lawyer, I get paid to argue with people. Granted I am still blocked but I have convinced myself I won the arguement by saying I don't want your stupid qual anyway.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Message from Computer Vision Turk---------------------------------
Hi,

Regards,
Computer Vision Turk

well, i managed to get 3 in before getting soft banned again *pounds head on wall*

Reactions: ChristopherASA
Status
Not open for further replies.