Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks!
That's actually one of the rare cases where I, personally, let it expire rather than return it, so I don't have to keep track of the time until I can do more. So, if I get one that I should return, I don't. I know that if it's expired, the time has obviously elapsed. ymmv:)

Reactions: IndividualRace

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
im doing part 3 test for project yukon with appen/raterlabs. cant wait to get this over with. i could use some steady work

Reactions: aveline and Jerami

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Did you return one? I think I read that if you return their HIT you get locked out for an hour.
That may be it. I did the first one fine, then the next one was in swedish or dutch or some foreign language and I didn't see what to do in case of a webpage not being in english so I returned it. The next one and subsequent ones gave me the error message.

Reactions: Jerami

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Usually with any Google Requester(Zoltar included), if you return one, you will be locked out for the length of the timer for the last one that you returned. So, 1 hour timer, 1 hour lock-out, usually.:)
ok. I've never had that issue with one other ones, like returning a batch HIT from someone else because it had a 404 bad link instead of a valid website.

Still 15 days wet-behind-the-ears but I'm learning. $18 first week, $24 2nd week and that included half of a week using the stuff I learned from you in our tutorial/discussion about how to use a piece of MTS that I was using incorrectly until your help.

Reactions: Jerami and reprise

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
ok. I've never had that issue with one other ones, like returning a batch HIT from someone else because it had a 404 bad link instead of a valid website.

Still 15 days wet-behind-the-ears but I'm learning. $18 first week, $24 2nd week and that included half of a week using the stuff I learned from you in our tutorial/discussion about how to use a piece of MTS that I was using incorrectly until your help.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/17415-is-this-on-endor
That script will let you know if it's a HIT that has the lockout.

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score

i'm relatively new as well, you're doing fine. i didnt know bout endor/zoltar etc until a couple weeks ago and i've been here since early november

Reactions: Jerami and aveline

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
when i first started noah/computer vision turk was just posting these hits as well so it feels sorta twlight zone to me. i much prefer his AI chatbot hits. hope those will come back too

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/17415-is-this-on-endor
That script will let you know if it's a HIT that has the lockout.
thanks for the link. Remind me what I have to install to run these scripts? All I have installed is MTS because It has 2 useful tools and it's idiotproof to install in firefox (huge kudos to the MTS programmer!) so I never considered installing some program in firefox that will run the scripts from greasy fork.

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
tampermonkey (in chrome)

you like firefox better than chrome? it freezes all the damn time for me

Reactions: aveline

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
tampermonkey (in chrome)

you like firefox better than chrome? it freezes all the damn time for me
Firefox seems to work better than chrome for me (and I only use chrome for chromecast'ing!) Firefox doesn't freeze for me very often and the big negative I see is sicne I started turking, I've only seen 2 HIT potentials that said chrome must be used for the HIT. I ignored that on one, did it on firefox, and the video was not able to have boxes drawn on it so I guess it's a feature within the HIT that only chrome could handle.

Got tampermonkey installed (I love doing it through the firefox add-ons site just to make sure it's original and might have been screened by mozilla) and then I loaded the endor script. I see a red bar with black text when I go to a zoltar hit. Is that the script putting in the red bar/black text or is the bar frm the HIT and the black text the stuff added by endor? I'd like to change the text color for better readability if it's defined in the script and the script is editable.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
how about another overtime game! Might be the best conf championship weekend ever if both go to OT!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Firefox seems to work better than chrome for me (and I only use chrome for chromecast'ing!) Firefox doesn't freeze for me very often and the big negative I see is sicne I started turking, I've only seen 2 HIT potentials that said chrome must be used for the HIT. I ignored that on one, did it on firefox, and the video was not able to have boxes drawn on it so I guess it's a feature within the HIT that only chrome could handle.
It's pretty common for HITs to be designed to work on only one browser, so you'll sometimes come across that. I really wouldn't recommend ever ignoring a requester's instructions, but in those cases you can clearly see why.

Got tampermonkey installed (I love doing it through the firefox add-ons site just to make sure it's original and might have been screened by mozilla) and then I loaded the endor script. I see a red bar with black text when I go to a zoltar hit. Is that the script putting in the red bar/black text or is the bar frm the HIT and the black text the stuff added by endor? I'd like to change the text color for better readability if it's defined in the script and the script is editable.
Yes, that is the script adding that to let you know that it's an Endor HIT. You can change that by editing the script in Tampermonkey. Just look for this bit and change the colors to whatever you like.
Code:
<div style="text-align: center; background-color: red;"><label style="color: black;">

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
It's funny how far down hill Mturk has gone that people are all surprised today over a $600 week when that used to be the minimum for the upper group of full timers on here.
My last job was at Walmart, working in receiving. I busted my ass unloading the shipment from the truck, separating it and putting it in its designated totes until the pallets were full, wheeled the pallets to their designated areas, then had the privilege of stocking said shipment. Usually, we had one person unloading the truck, although we took turns. In the spring and summer, that truck would be sweltering. In the winter, too cold to feel your hands.

We were never given more than 33 hours a week, at $10.00 an hour. Doing the math, that's $330.00 BEFORE taxes, for a job in which we were constantly being told we were working too slow, despite doing the job of three different employees each. A job that you'd go home from, a sweaty, aching mess. So yeah, $600.00 a week for sitting a computer? This is a vacation, by comparison. Not all of us had well paying jobs before this. I only have myself to blame. I have the brains, but I've never had the ambition. Too many of the wrong people have crossed my path, and I was dumb enough to invite them into my life. And when they left, they took a little chunk of my trust and my sanity with them.

I've never cared about money. I just kind of drifted aimlessly through life. Now I have my baby girl to think about. She's my ambition. She's my only reason for getting out of bed. Go work in receiving for a couple of years, then come back here and tell me how small a $600.00 week is. If the intense labor doesn't make you want to quit, then the shitty, disrespectful, ungrateful management will definitely put a nail in that coffin. I stayed, because it's in the town my daughter lives in. Then the house I was renting flooded, life happened, and now I'm here. Hell, $400.00 - $500.00 a week would suit me. I take care of my mom, so I have no expenses. I sell plasma for $350.00 a month, and that takes care of my child support. If I could put back $250.00 a week, within a year, I could either buy a used trailer, or put a nice down payment on a new one. I'd have a place for my daughter to live with me, instead of her mom holding all of the cards. Well, not all of the cards. She's not exactly playing with a full deck.

Yikes. I didn't mean to turk my life story here. I know that no one here has the easy life. Just wanted to put some perspective on why $600.00 weeks are so impressive.

DCI

Reaction score
Whatever happens in this game, you know the rest of the league can't be too happy seeing how much of a gamer this kid is.

Reactions: jklmnop

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
You can change that by editing the script in Tampermonkey. Just look for this bit and change the colors to whatever you like.
Code:
<div style="text-align: center; background-color: red;"><label style="color: black;">
I'm trying to figure out how to edit/update a script in Tampermonkey. Interpreting language (arduino code, some smaller scripts like this one) is doable for me even though I can't write anything but OG HTML by scratch but I don't know how yet to change color:black to color:white or something.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My last job was at Walmart, working in receiving. I busted my ass unloading the shipment from the truck, separating it and putting it in its designated totes until the pallets were full, wheeled the pallets to their designated areas, then had the privilege of stocking said shipment. Usually, we had one person unloading the truck, although we took turns. In the spring and summer, that truck would be sweltering. In the winter, too cold to feel your hands.

We were never given more than 33 hours a week, at $10.00 an hour. Doing the math, that's $330.00 BEFORE taxes, for a job in which we were constantly being told we were working too slow, despite doing the job of three different employees each. A job that you'd go home from, a sweaty, aching mess. So yeah, $600.00 a week for sitting a computer? This is a vacation, by comparison. Not all of us had well paying jobs before this. I only have myself to blame. I have the brains, but I've never had the ambition. Too many of the wrong people have crossed my path, and I was dumb enough to invite them into my life. And when they left, they took a little chunk of my trust and my sanity with them.

I've never cared about money. I just kind of drifted aimlessly through life. Now I have my baby girl to think about. She's my ambition. She's my only reason for getting out of bed. Go work in receiving for a couple of years, then come back here and tell me how small a $600.00 week is. If the intense labor doesn't make you want to quit, then the shitty, disrespectful, ungrateful management will definitely put a nail in that coffin. I stayed, because it's in the town my daughter lives in. Then the house I was renting flooded, life happened, and now I'm here. Hell, $400.00 - $500.00 a week would suit me. I take care of my mom, so I have no expenses. I sell plasma for $350.00 a month, and that takes care of my child support. If I could put back $250.00 a week, within a year, I could either buy a used trailer, or put a nice down payment on a new one. I'd have a place for my daughter to live with me, instead of her mom holding all of the cards. Well, not all of the cards. She's not exactly playing with a full deck.

Yikes. I didn't mean to turk my life story here. I know that no one here has the easy life. Just wanted to put some perspective on why $600.00 weeks are so impressive.

Yea I wasn't trying to shit on you or new people in general.

Just trying to explain two things:

1. I don't work on here all day. I have a part time job along with some other hustles.
2. This place used to be a whole fucking lot easier to make money.

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to edit/update a script in Tampermonkey. Interpreting language (arduino code, some smaller scripts like this one) is doable for me even though I can't write anything but OG HTML by scratch but I don't know how yet to change color:black to color:white or something.
go to the dashboard from the icon on firefox. click on a script. you'll see the code right there.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
You can click on the Tampermonkey icon up by the address bar and go to the Dashboard.

From there, just find the script that you want to edit and click on the name. It will bring you to the code page where you can make your changes, then go to File and Save.

In this case, you would just find in the code where it says "black" and change that to "white"

Last edited:
Reactions: Despairagus
Status
Not open for further replies.