Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC. But every year I forget how no matter how many layers I have on, my fingers and toes will never be warm in this weather (I have Raynaud's syndrome) and honest to goodness my hands and toes hurt right now. It's 70 degrees in my apt. Halp.

ALEXA, how do I turk when my fingers and toes are numg/hurt/feel frozen and slow?

IndividualRace

Reaction score
Good morning!

You've received a bonus from Yunshil Cha for work related to ...
The value of your bonus is: $1.65 USD

The Requester included this note:
Decoding. Thank you!

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Learn the difference between two types of rockets(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Lupyan Lab [A34Y0INWSLX4AQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.47] [Pay=3.19] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.45] [Fast=4.42] [Comm=2.92] [Fair=4.12] [Reviews=110] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.93] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.96
Duration: 35:00
Available: 1
Description: Play a sorting game where you will learn the difference between two types of cartoon rockets, and describe the difference for someone else.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-686803120-124564] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC. But every year I forget how no matter how many layers I have on, my fingers and toes will never be warm in this weather (I have Raynaud's syndrome) and honest to goodness my hands and toes hurt right now. It's 70 degrees in my apt. Halp.

ALEXA, how do I turk when my fingers and toes are numg/hurt/feel frozen and slow?
Nothing but sympathy for you. I have peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet and they are both like always cold. I've been trying to find my fingerless gloves all morning as a matter of fact. and have my feet wrapped in blankets right now.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
contact the requester, they might give you another. happened to me twice before and it worked out fine in the end
I did. She responded:

"Thanks for writing! I will look into a way to have you complete the survey, but rest assured that your hit will not be rejected. I will be back in touch once I solve the issue."
:) And thanks for the advice, autonomnom @autonomnom !!

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Nothing but sympathy for you. I have peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet and they are both like always cold. I've been trying to find my fingerless gloves all morning as a matter of fact. and have my feet wrapped in blankets right now.
Fingerless gloves do nooooothing for me. I DO think I've got those little "heat packs" someplace though, the ones crossing guards and hikers use. I'm going to find them! High five for dumb cold limb problem solidarity.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score

magnesium is important for regulating body temperature (might not help for you, but it can't hurt!)
i eat a lot of hot soups and drink hot beverages. in the past, i've warmed a brick in the stove, wrapped it in flannel and kept my feet on it. could work for hands as well.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Fingerless gloves do nooooothing for me. I DO think I've got those little "heat packs" someplace though, the ones crossing guards and hikers use. I'm going to find them! High five for dumb cold limb problem solidarity.
I would like to be an associate member of your "Dumb Cold Limb Problem Solidarity." (Although I'm wondering if "... Cold Limb... s/b hyphenated or not. Hmmmm)

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
magnesium is important for regulating body temperature (might not help for you, but it can't hurt!)
i eat a lot of hot soups and drink hot beverages. in the past, i've warmed a brick in the stove, wrapped it in flannel and kept my feet on it. could work for hands as well.
Brilliant! There is soooo much illness and such caused by deficiencies in our diets.

FrenchToast

Reaction score
Yes I was going to suggest those "hot hands" or similar hand warmers. I have bought whole cases of them some winters. I stick those bad boys down in my boots when we go out ice fishing (though I also have some of the best insulated boots I could find because of my stupid feet) I've seen ones made specifically for feet though too.

And just a regular heating pad. I use that on my feet a lot too.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I find that my fingers and feet only stay warm if I have a hat and scarf on. I do sometimes wear silk gloves (the liners/base layers worn by skiers & motorcyclists) that help too. I've got venous insufficiency and the circulation in my feet is dreadful. I don't feel them from November until about March. That's even after moving to SC. I can type in silk gloves, so they are pretty helpful to me. I wear them a lot. (I was given real silk as a present, but polyester silk actually works reasonably well.)

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I do take magnesium, I think it doesn't work for me b/c something about constricted blood vessles or some nonsense with the Raynaud's. BUT the brick idea is brilliant! I might just start throwing rocks and things in the oven when I bake during the winter. Or toaster oven? Idk. I don't like wasting energy. Maybe my hydroponic lights can heat them up and I Can rotate them.

This is a good idea I'm going to run with lol thank you
Despairagus @Despairagus and FrenchToast @FrenchToast: I don't see how you two can even work. That would dive me CRAZY!!! Is there no thin-glove-like product that will keep things warm?
It's fine in the summer. It's just my body can't heat my fingers b/c the blood flow lessens (or something like that)

It's a cool party trick, though, b/c my fingers turn white when I'm very cold OR when I'm very very angry or upset.

FrenchToast

Reaction score
Despairagus @Despairagus and FrenchToast @FrenchToast: I don't see how you two can even work. That would dive me CRAZY!!! Is there no thin-glove-like product that will keep things warm?
I spend a lot of time with my hands inside my sleeves. Sometimes blowing hot air on them :LOL: Or holding a hot coffee mug.

Bliss

aloof hedonist
Reaction score
Title: Satisfaction Study | AcceptA
Requester: Ryan Buell [A2N0MYXIGB16RK] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.68] [Fast: 4.97] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.94] [Reviews: 93] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 15 minutes
Available: 1
Description: This research study investigates perceptions and behaviors. It will take ~3 minutes for 50 cents. Participants will have an option of taking a brief survey, or doing an alternate task that may take longer in exchange for a 25 cent bonus.
Requirements: LPASYSTEM DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: aveline

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

i live in south florida and sometimes i can't turn on the AC cuz it intensifies my pain, it kinda blows if that happens when it's really hot out

Status
Not open for further replies.