01/21 - Mantra Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I spend a lot of time with my hands inside my sleeves. Sometimes blowing hot air on them :LOL: Or holding a hot coffee mug.
My hands and feet are constantly cold or frozen. I layer my feet as much as I can and heat up water in a coffee mug in the microwave. It helps for just a moment then as soon as I put it down it's back to frozen fingers.

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Opinions | Accept
Requester: Chiara Longoni [A1ZE1GQMC0MYKV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.34] [Pay=3.81] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=16] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.87] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=80%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 40:00
Available: 21
Description: Short academic survey about consumer opinions (avg time 3-4 minutes)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2 mins[/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i live in south florida and sometimes i can't turn on the AC cuz it intensifies my pain, it kinda blows if that happens when it's really hot out
Oh lord that sounds obnoxious! Why haven't we invented perfect air temp/pressure living pods yet?

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
I do take magnesium, I think it doesn't work for me b/c something about constricted blood vessles or some nonsense with the Raynaud's. BUT the brick idea is brilliant! I might just start throwing rocks and things in the oven when I bake during the winter. Or toaster oven? Idk. I don't like wasting energy. Maybe my hydroponic lights can heat them up and I Can rotate them.

This is a good idea I'm going to run with lol thank you
It's fine in the summer. It's just my body can't heat my fingers b/c the blood flow lessens (or something like that)

It's a cool party trick, though, b/c my fingers turn white when I'm very cold OR when I'm very very angry or upset.
a lot of drug store magnesium is oxide, which isn't absorbed very well.
i buy a high absorption version from amazon. my last few blood tests have all shown im pretty deficient in mag, so i try to stay on top of it.
my pinky and ring fingers are both numb. does nothing for that though :(

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Investigating consumer decision-making(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Andrea Kähr [A3P3NZTDNZHH4M] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $19.92] [Pay: 4.54] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 2.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $9.818] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Duration:
1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 1
Reward: $1.80
Description:
The objective of this survey is to gain insight into consumer decision-making regarding brands.
Requirements: Exc: [124176-123587] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I am going to try and explain something that got another guy destroyed when he tried.

If you want to post a crazy good batch to the forum so everyone can get a piece, that's your call but what you need to understand is your not just sharing it with the forum. You are sharing it with a lot of other people who have never even heard of the forum let alone contributed in a meaningful way to it. There are scrapers (I'm not sure of the technical term, maybe crawlers. whatever) that scan this and the other forums looking for hits and when it finds one it posts to another site while also sending out notifications to anyone who's signed up for it. One example of this is Hit Notifier and if you go to that site and look under "20 Previous" you will see that MTC supplies 99% of the hits. This doesn't really matter with surveys but any $12+ batches are going to get destroyed, and like C to the J @C to the J said earlier, once a good batch gets hyped like that it will get scammed and we all lose out. The only way I can think of to get around this (other than not posting at all) is to not use the "export" feature to share good batches. That's what those sites look for when "scrapping" the forums. Instead just type out the Requester name. It's not difficult to use that to find the batch. I'm not sure if these sites can recognize panda's or not but just to be safe, stick to req name. An extra few seconds of work may end up saving you and the other forum members a good bit of money. Anyways, that's my take on this, do with it what you will.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I seen these on Amazon a few weeks ago and really want them, though I'd have to like pull my fingers inside of them when not typing or something :ROFL::ROFL:
No way they look like toast and they warm up with the USB?! Oh my gosh. I love it LOL!

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I seen these on Amazon a few weeks ago and really want them, though I'd have to like pull my fingers inside of them when not typing or something :ROFL::ROFL:
THAT IS AMAZING.

I'm so surprised by how many of you all also have weird finger/limb/body temp issues. I'm a freak to those around me.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
THAT IS AMAZING.

I'm so surprised by how many of you all also have weird finger/limb/body temp issues. I'm a freak to those around me.
Right? I'm the weird one thats always cold, even in the summer sometimes. My boyfriend says I'm not allowed to touch him with my cold, dead person hands. :cautious:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Ok, I am going to try and explain something that got another guy destroyed when he tried.

If you want to post a crazy good batch to the forum so everyone can get a piece, that's your call but what you need to understand is your not just sharing it with the forum. You are sharing it with a lot of other people who have never even heard of the forum let alone contributed in a meaningful way to it. There are scrapers (I'm not sure of the technical term, maybe crawlers. whatever) that scan this and the other forums looking for hits and when it finds one it posts to another site while also sending out notifications to anyone who's signed up for it. One example of this is Hit Notifier and if you go to that site and look under "20 Previous" you will see that MTC supplies 99% of the hits. This doesn't really matter with surveys but any $12+ batches are going to get destroyed, and like C to the J @C to the J said earlier, once a good batch gets hyped like that it will get scammed and we all lose out. The only way I can think of to get around this (other than not posting at all) is to not use the "export" feature to share good batches. That's what those sites look for when "scrapping" the forums. Instead just type out the Requester name. It's not difficult to use that to find the batch. I'm not sure if these sites can recognize panda's or not but just to be safe, stick to req name. An extra few seconds of work may end up saving you and the other forum members a good bit of money. Anyways, that's my take on this, do with it what you will.
I kinda like this idea of typing out the requester name.

This has always been a very difficult topic for me and it's really hard for me to figure out where I should stand on it. On the one hand, I am a worker and I can sympathize with people not wanting all of their work eaten up by people that they don't even know. On the other hand, I am an admin here and I hate the toxicity that can come from people constantly complaining about others sharing batches. My priority here is to make sure everyone is getting along, but I don't want to screw over people's ability to make money by doing that. It may not necessarily be a perfect solution, but typing out the requester name instead seems like a good middle ground to me if someone decides they absolutely want to share something.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I kinda like this idea of typing out the requester name.

This has always been a very difficult topic for me and it's really hard for me to figure out where I should stand on it. On the one hand, I am a worker and I can sympathize with people not wanting all of their work eaten up by people that they don't even know. On the other hand, I am an admin here and I hate the toxicity that can come from people constantly complaining about others sharing batches. My priority here is to make sure everyone is getting along, but I don't want to screw over people's ability to make money by doing that. It may not necessarily be a perfect solution, but typing out the requester name instead seems like a good middle ground to me if someone decides they absolutely want to share something.
i thought you were only admin for a day :cautious:

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score

Very well said.

Reactions: ecko

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Caught on panda from Saturday:

Title: Judging which Medical AI Algorithm Makes More Discriminatory Decisions

Requester: Hoda [A2J7GPDZF906OA] (Req TV):

Description: We are interested in measuring how discriminatory you believe AI algorithms are when used to make decisions in our daily lives, such as prediction of cancer risk across different individuals. You will be provided a link to answer 20 questions.

Reward: $5.00

~ 25 minutes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.