Status
Not open for further replies.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
damn :(

hope it was a least important finger
It was my middle finger so no more flipping off bad drivers!

Jk, I'll survive. Just need a couple stiches and I'll be good as new :)

I also got to see what the inside of my body looks like for the first time, so that's pretty neat

Thlinks

ITS COMPLICATED
Contributor
Reaction score
damn it, was just going to call it and go play fortnite. any word on when it will be back up?
its not good

Hello everyone, as I'm sure you're painfully aware, our servers are still offline. The explanation is as follows.

"During our downtime to upgrade to 2.3, we were performing recommended tasks to resolve a lingering database issue. Those tasks ended up causing the database to go into a bad state. After significant consideration, we decided our best option was to restore from a backup at the moment we took the servers down for the patch. Our first restore failed (due to issues unrelated with the quality of the backup) and we're working on a second attempt at the restore. We're on it and it will be up as soon as humanly possible."

While we can't give you an ETA when the servers will be back, we can tell you that we will make this right in regards to any time you have lost today. We are sorry for the downtime. We hope to get you back to playing soon.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

PhilGil

Reaction score
Collect Website URL's for the company names provided.

• Go to Google
  • Search for the Company Name provided
  • Collect Company Website
  • e.g. Company = Facebook, Result= facebook.com (do not include; https://, http:// :, www., etc.)
  • If search result is not clear that the company is 100% right, move on.

I know I shouldn't let stuff like this incense me so much. These HITs are already underpaid, but to add insult to injury they're expecting us to work for free.

How about no?

LostCrow

Reaction score
I thought WWE lost a lot of money on that. Is Vince really trying to bring it back?
Lost like 35mil or something? Going to try to make a comeback in 2020. I don't see it going well.

Reactions: Starslip

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I thought WWE lost a lot of money on that. Is Vince really trying to bring it back?
I was thinking he was crazy at first but with declining NFL ratings/attendance maybe this might just work........or maybe the old man has really just fucking lost it.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I was thinking he was crazy at first but with declining NFL ratings/attendance maybe this might just work........or maybe the old man has really just fucking lost it.
At least it should be good for innovation, NFL bought a lot of the tech that XFL introduced like the skycams I think

Reactions: C to the J

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
I can only word these Hannahs so many different ways at this point.

So it is XFL? I went to a game once. Man, that was a scary experience because of the crowd, fights, gangs and paddy wagons. I don't think I even got to watch the game.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Collect Website URL's for the company names provided.

• Go to Google
  • Search for the Company Name provided
  • Collect Company Website
  • e.g. Company = Facebook, Result= facebook.com (do not include; https://, http:// :, www., etc.)
  • If search result is not clear that the company is 100% right, move on.

I know I shouldn't let stuff like this incense me so much. These HITs are already underpaid, but to add insult to injury they're expecting us to work for free.

How about no?
You can email them and tell them that's against Amazon's Acceptable Use Policy. They might reconsider their design if they care about being compliant with Amazon's policies. You can also click the button at the bottom of the HIT to report them to Amazon for that.

You may not use, or encourage others to use, MTurk for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing, or objectionable activities. Here are some examples of prohibited activities:
- Disrupting, manipulating, or impairing the operation of the MTurk website (e.g., don’t try to "game" search results for HITs, or knowingly publish HITs that Workers will be required to return after accepting them)

https://www.mturk.com/worker/acceptable-use-policy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i have a strange feeling this has a good chance of working if they correct some of their errors from 2001. i think it's smart they're waiting till 2020 to relaunch it. gives them time to work stuff out

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't gotten any rejections from them and half the ones I did yesterday approved already.
I'm confident in the work I did. There were only a couple that I would classify as judgement calls and the requester stated that he wouldn't hold any ambiguous cases against workers.

Reactions: micky and coffeeowl

GTR

Reaction score
last qual was february 2017
yep, and that was the day I was just about to turn the computer off and go get tacos, fortunately right before I did that, I saw OCMP5 HITs pop up in OW and I noticed I could do them... :) I missed the first qual HIT by thinking too hard, then I knew I was gonna have to get the last 9 correct, whew, only thing that bothers me is I could have had a 100 score instead of 90 lol

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Respond to hypothetical scenarios (2-3 min) | Accept
Requester: HINL3 [A3JF5U51925TIE] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $20.51] [Pay: 4.57] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 10] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 15 minutes
Available: 65
Description: You will receive $0.25 for your time.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.