01/25 - Tonkatsu Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm no baking expert, that would be my boyfriend. But from what I've gathered watching him in the kitchen, and from my own late night cookie-baking endeavors, you may have used more cornstarch than usual, which is always a good thing IMO. Makes them a bit thicker, more substantial, chewy, all around better! But it's baking, and I'm a noob...it could be so many things. That being said, I second your original plan or ruthless trial and error. Please reach out if you need a taste-tester!
You got it! :D

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm no baking expert, that would be my boyfriend. But from what I've gathered watching him in the kitchen, and from my own late night cookie-baking endeavors, you may have used more cornstarch than usual, which is always a good thing IMO. Makes them a bit thicker, more substantial, chewy, all around better! But it's baking, and I'm a noob...it could be so many things. That being said, I second your original plan or ruthless trial and error. Please reach out if you need a taste-tester!
i made chocolate chip cookies from scratch two nights ago and i didn't use cornstarch at all. ingredients were butter, white sugar, light brown sugar, 1 egg, vanilla extract, flour, salt, baking soda, chocolate chips (i mixed dark and milk chocolate chips)

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i made chocolate chip cookies from scratch two nights ago and i didn't use cornstarch at all. ingredients were butter, white sugar, light brown sugar, 1 egg, vanilla extract, flour, salt, baking soda, chocolate chips (i mixed dark and milk chocolate chips)
I used this recipe, which I've done before a few times:

https://www.livewellbakeoften.com/small-batch-chocolate-chip-cookies/

But looking over it I found the discrepancy! I didn't cook them for long enough. Only 9 minutes instead of the 11-12 I usually do. Clearly it is time to herald in a new era of under cooking all my cookies! :drool:

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Attitudes Survey | PANDA
Requester: Remi Trudel [A1ASHH25OV40GI] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.78 Generosity
★★★★ 4.48 Fairness
★★★★ 4.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 37 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: A very short survey in which you provide your attitudes and impressions of an individual. This study can be completed in 3 min and pays $ 0.40
Time: 1800
HITs Available: 89
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;Location EqualTo US

Reactions: WarmPotato

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Attitudes Survey | PANDA
Requester: Remi Trudel [A1ASHH25OV40GI] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.78 Generosity
★★★★ 4.48 Fairness
★★★★ 4.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 37 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: A very short survey in which you provide your attitudes and impressions of an individual. This study can be completed in 3 min and pays $ 0.40
HITs Available: 89
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;Location EqualTo US

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

But looking over it I found the discrepancy! I didn't cook them for long enough. Only 9 minutes instead of the 11-12 I usually do. Clearly it is time to herald in a new era of under cooking all my cookies! :drool:
oh yeah that's a tip that i learned awhile ago even with store bought place n bake cookies. bake them for a minute or so less than the low end of what the recipe calls for.

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 2 games with other workers, in which you can earn a bonus in each game | PANDA
Requester: Raihani Lab [A25RTM8JJMU7PJ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.48 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.48 Generosity
★★★★ 4.59 Fairness
★★★★ 4.64 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 204 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: This HIT will take approximately 3 minutes to complete.
HITs Available: 223
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Raihani Lab Qual DoesNotExist ;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 75;Location EqualTo US

jan

Reaction score

always undercook! also, for chocolate fans - chocolate needs 24 hours to 'cure' (gooey brownies taste so much better the next day)

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
always undercook! also, for chocolate fans - chocolate needs 24 hours to 'cure' (gooey brownies taste so much better the next day)
I need to see this for myself! Clearly this means I have to make brownies tonight...

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
yep, because it will continue to cook while they cool done. nothing worse then a hard over-cooked cookie, but at least it's a cookie

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Personality Study | AcceptA
Requester: Paul M. Connell [A30YRVNOHHJ6UA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 2.33] [Fast: 4.86] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 14] [ToS: 1]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 24
Description: Answer a few questions about your personality and your preferences. This study will take about 10 minutes.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US

2 mins, $29/hour

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
Cookies without cornstarch are still great, don't get me wrong. I just love the chewiness and thickness that cornstarch adds.

Mmmmmm, undercooked cookies. The BEST!

My favorite "new" chocolate chip cookie recipe from the past few years. Never new I could like coconut oil so much...definitely worth a try for chocolate chip cookie lovers!

Reactions: ItsAmyTee

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Psychopathy and antisocial behaviour: Employment and attachment as protective factors.(≈ 11 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $22.20] [Pay: 3.96] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 4.40] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.27] [Fast: 4.75] [Comm: 4.33] [Fair: 4.85] [Reviews: 474] [ToS: 1]
TO2: [Hrly: $11.50] [Pen: 0.02 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.10
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: survey
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Personality Study | AcceptA
Requester: Paul M. Connell [A30YRVNOHHJ6UA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 2.33] [Fast: 4.86] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 14] [ToS: 1]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 24
Description: Answer a few questions about your personality and your preferences. This study will take about 10 minutes.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US

2 mins, $29/hour
It asks for a "5 digit code you were prompted to choose on MTurk"...? Did i miss that somewhere?

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It asks for a "5 digit code you were prompted to choose on MTurk"...? Did i miss that somewhere?
i thought at first that was going to be the survey code but yeah idk. i entered the code they gave me not the 5 digit one i made up there

Status
Not open for further replies.