01/25 - We Are Number One on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
Folks, i dont want to sound superior or anything, but i got to share this with y'all.

I am currently in the Philippines, 300 ms ping from the Amazon Server, and i managed to make 192 today. I believe i might even cap tomorrow onwards. So, if you are not being able to cap, you are doing something wrong. Being in the US with a superior connection, mine is only 3 MB, and considerably closer to the Servers should give you an edge on me, and i almost capped following the tips of the people in here.

So, dont give up. Just try to review what you are doing and fix the mistakes. :)

Maybe you could provide a breakdown of the things you have done? Cause I have done pretty much everything. Set PC to go HAM on them starting at 8AM EST and running nothing else for 2 hours. I still get six at most queued and no more until I complete some of them. Even then, it's a trickle.

Reaction score
Well not everyones computer can handle the work either. Like i had a computer where the scripts would take a little to load and i couldnt click enter to load. Now i have a quad core. Click 5 times and im done and onto the next one in twenty seconds. It has to do with your computer and specs too
My computer is a cheap working machine. It freezes and is kind slow to load sometimes. It always freezes when i am trying to clear a captcha. So, i do not own a gamer desktop or a speedy machine. My computer is below average, it costed me 220 dollars only.

Reaction score
Title:Website Evaluation | PANDA
Requester:Project Endor (Zoltar) [A2ZRMA7YDNF5RJ] (Contact)
TO:[Pay: 3.63][Fair: 4.48][Comm: 1.88][Fast: 4.66][Reviews: 41][ToS: 0]
Description:
-
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward:$0.12
Qualifications:
Total approved HITs is not less than 1; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US

Maybe that's why the hits are US location only :thinking:
I am from Cali, even tho i might not be there right now.

Reactions: P L A Y E R 9 1

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
can I change the scroll to workplace script to scroll down just a tad but more?
Yes but I don't know what you mean.

Edit: You're usually better off hiding whatever junk at the top of the specific HITs you want to not see.

Reactions: Roscoe E Goldchain

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I am from Cali, even tho i might not be there right now.
I think its still against TOS. I could understand being in a different state but a different country seems like a big no no. Can any of the admins or folks more in tune with the rules weigh in on this ?

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
To the people not capp
My computer is a cheap working machine. It freezes and is kind slow to load sometimes. It always freezes when i am trying to clear a captcha. So, i do not own a gamer desktop or a speedy machine. My computer is below average, it costed me 220 dollars only.
Well then its not that cheap. The dual core i had froze sometimes and the zoltars were a big thing and they would freeze and id be lucky to get in 2 in a 1 minute period. But im not gonna get into a huge computer debate when theres hits to be done.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think its still against TOS. I could understand being in a different state but a different country seems like a big no no. Can any of the admins or folks more in tune with the rules weigh in on this ?
From the TOS
Unfortunately, Mechanical Turk currently does not support U.S. persons residing outside the United States.

Reaction score
To the people not capp

Well then its not that cheap. The dual core i had froze sometimes and the zoltars were a big thing and they would freeze and id be lucky to get in 2 in a 1 minute period. But im not gonna get into a huge computer debate when theres hits to be done.
It was 220 with keyboard, mouse, 19" screen, everything. Forgot to tell that.

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
To the people not capp

I get newer laptops for $30 a piece. A guy that runs a second hand shop doesn't know how to repair or work on the software, so he sells them as broken to me.

I had a quad core laptop with full 17" touchscreen. $30.

But Dell locked the hard drive and I couldn't get it unlocked. Still sold it off for $200

Reactions: klyde

scootypuff_sr

Reaction score
Folks, i dont want to sound superior or anything, but i got to share this with y'all.

I am currently in the Philippines, 300 ms ping from the Amazon Server, and i managed to make 192 today. I believe i might even cap tomorrow onwards. So, if you are not being able to cap, you are doing something wrong. Being in the US with a superior connection, mine is only 3 MB, and considerably closer to the Servers should give you an edge on me, and i almost capped following the tips of the people in here.

So, dont give up. Just try to review what you are doing and fix the mistakes. :)
Idk man, I live in a big city with good itnernet and a fast computer. I can set pandacrazy to ham them all day and still not cap somehow. I've tried everything I can think of so if you want to share your secrets feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.