Status
Not open for further replies.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Perky | PANDA
Requester: Raihani Lab [A25RTM8JJMU7PJ] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.52] [Fair: 4.60] [Comm: 4.55] [Fast: 4.66] [Reviews: 187] [ToS: 1]
Description:
This HIT will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. You may receive a bonus depending on your decisions and the decisions of others in the task.
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 180
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: A New Task for Raihani Lab - please participate has been granted;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.2.6

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Most I would say. The way scripts are pushed at people from day one instead of learning some foundational basics is dangerous... but pandoras box can't be shut now.
I gotta disagree... one of my friends that actually got accepted got $40.00 on his first full day of turking because I showed him hitscraper first. 40.00 on your first day is insanely good.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Pinky | PANDA
Requester: Raihani Lab [A25RTM8JJMU7PJ] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.52] [Fair: 4.60] [Comm: 4.55] [Fast: 4.66] [Reviews: 187] [ToS: 1]
Description:
This HIT will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. You may receive a bonus depending on your decisions and the decisions of others in the task.
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 180
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: New Task for Raihani Lab - please participate! has been granted;

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
I have posted this before but computer does make a difference. My sons 1500 dollar apple almost always caps. My 300 dollar Hp never does. Same IP. I do not get any more Zoltars if he is here or gone. When my son had to use my daughters cheap laptop for a day, he did not cap. Location makes a difference too. My daughter lives uptown from us, same Internet provider but when my son is over there, he does not cap. Just a thought.
what kind of Apple is he using?

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Generate queries that match a goal and a list of attributes | PANDA
Requester: SylvainSNIPS [A2YTQTCXVDV7BG] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.64] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 4.83] [Reviews: 13] [ToS: 1]
Description:
We'd like to find out how you would naturally request assistance from an assistant. We'll provide you with the main objective of the query, and a list of segments to incorporate into the query.
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 92
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Masters has been granted;

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Listen to a Genre Category: Hip Hop / Rap song and answer a survey about it. | PANDA
Requester: AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.46] [Fair: 4.98] [Comm: 3.73] [Fast: 4.84] [Reviews: 156] [ToS: 0]
Description:
A musician or label is seeking feedback on a Genre Category: Hip Hop / Rap song from people in the United States who enjoy Genre Category: Hip Hop / Rap music. Listen to the song for at least 40 Seconds and answer a survey about it. NOTE: The qualification test is to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 32
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: Likes Hip Hop / Rap / R&B is not less than 1; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Identify data actions in paragraphs | PANDA
Requester: CMU RE Lab [A1V2FNNP7O6DQO] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.74] [Fair: 3.25] [Comm: 2.13] [Fast: 4.25] [Reviews: 34] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Identify, highlight and categorize data actions in policy statements
Time: 5 minutes
HITs Available: 25
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Its kind of scary to think these folks are also doing the hits they find... No wonder requesters keep lowering pay :disappointed:

Well hell I mean we have people who are clearly not turklets admit to not reading the instructions so I don't think it's entirely turklets fault.

I'm not sure what my point was there but people suck probably covers it.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
30 minutes but i have yet to hear anything. ill mess with it to see if it will go off.
You have it set to alarm if a hit is at lower than 30 minutes?

Also hit play see if a sound happens.

Reactions: MerryLou

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well hell I mean we have people who are clearly not turklets admit to not reading the instructions so I don't think it's entirely turklets fault.

I'm not sure what my point was there but people suck probably covers it.
People are human and humans make mistakes. What they do with that mistake is how you judge the person. Do they try to hide it, shift the blame, deny it, or do they own up to it, learn from it and continue.

Reactions: jnalleyne

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
What do you mean by foundational basics? I turked without scripts for my first week or two and was lucky to make $15-$20 a day. Not sure how you can really cut your mturk teeth without making a significant time investment to learn programming or chugging along manually searching for hits at a snails pace.
If you don't know how MTurk works without scripts, then you don't know how MTurk works. So many questions I've seen make it painfully obvious that that person hasn't ever tried to poke around the actual site for themselves. You're right that we make more money and use Mturk more efficiently with scripts, but that doesn't mean we understand it better that way.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
People are human and humans make mistakes. What they do with that mistake is how you judge the person. Do they try to hide it, shift the blame, deny it, or do they own up to it, learn from it and continue.

Oh, I meant people that do it on purpose for scamming purposes. I didn't mean accidental skipping of things in the instructions. (Everyone does that at some point.)

Reactions: Squatty

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
What do you mean by foundational basics? I turked without scripts for my first week or two and was lucky to make $15-$20 a day. Not sure how you can really cut your mturk teeth without making a significant time investment to learn programming or chugging along manually searching for hits at a snails pace.
Plenty of us did it for years, without any programming, before scripts and browser extensions became available. It wasn't glamorous and it was harder than it is now, but it was different.

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Some evil scam site
My younger brother swears that's the case with Mturk and Uber, despite my recommending them both to him while he remains unemployed. I tried explaining the concept of being independently responsible for figuring out taxes as an independent contractor, but he would hear none of what I had to say.

Reactions: Pleco
Status
Not open for further replies.