01/26 - Spoopy Saturday!

Do you watch tennis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nmelssx

Reaction score
well yea it is hard to distinguish the rights from the wrongs when I get 30 scammed HITs. If people stop scamming i don't have to block anyone..
From what I understand from the posts I read you didn't apply too much of a restriction to the HITs you posted. For example, you should only allow people with high HIT counts and high approval rates to do your HITs when you're paying that much per HIT. I would recommend only letting people with over 5000 approved HITs, and 98% or 99% HIT approval rates to do your HITs.

And even after that, it would be best if you set up a lower paying instructional HIT for those people to do first. If they do well on them, and you feel like they can be trusted to do the higher paying ones, give them a qualification for the higher paying ones. That would ensure your chances of getting higher quality data, and decrease the need to reject or block anyone.

Remember, rejections can hurt workers, but a few blocks can completely destroy a worker, so only use them in very extreme cases when you have no other alternatives. It should never be your go to option whenever something goes wrong.

nmelssx

Reaction score
Edited.

Last edited:

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
How do you know if you have been blocked by a requester?

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I had a dog that had a tumor on his pancreas and it gave him a very hard to manage type of diabetes. There would be days when it didn't matter how much insulin or exercise he got it would not budge his numbers. (I would have to check it 3-4 times a day) I was in a group for diabetic pets and saw some talking about using ACV. So I bought some and put a tiny amount diluted in water and mixed it with his food. Supposedly it helps with the insulin resistance and I do not know if it is an old wives tale or what not, but I believe it worked for him in that I would go from not being able to get his blood sugar down, to being able to do something with it. I have also seen it mentioned being used for people with PCOS for the same reason of lower in the insulin resistance. I would say start slow with how much you take, and as another said definitely dilute with water, perhaps rinse your mouth out after even. Hopefully, it works for you.
Yeah blood sugar is one of my main reasons for wanting to try it, i'm a diabetic but so far i haven't had to take any prescription medication for it yet between my diet/exercise and i'd like to keep it that way for the foreseeable future. I read its also good for your heart and weight loss so those are just bonuses.

Reactions: vandaria

AliasOTurker

Reaction score
I vaguely remember some stories from awhile back where someone tried to change their bank account and got suspended for it. Since then I'm not sure many people have tried to change their banks in Amazon Payments.
That sounds scary, but I really hate my current bank. I'm gonna give Amazon Payments a ring and see if they can help me.

Reactions: SarahAshlee90

nmelssx

Reaction score
Edited.

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
How do you know if you have been blocked by a requester?
You can check the qualifications required to do a HIT of theirs. If you meet every requirement, yet are still told that you don't qualify when you try to accept that HIT, then you're blocked.

Reactions: theturkscribe

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about your opinions (5-10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Michelle Rogan [A34D5E5F22XUE1] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about a professional situation
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; NewCompletedCSI DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
VERY SHORT[/td][/tr]

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 5 minute survey about political expression online | Accept
Requester: Peter Ditto [A205AMAK8THA61] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.81] [Pay=4.50] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.71] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.45] [Pen=18.50 days] [Res=null] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 192
Description: Participants will give their opinions about online political statements and respond to items about their attitudes and beliefs.
Qualifications: ITV2real DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2 mins no code[/td][/tr]

CC ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA
Thanks! Quick and easy.
Last page said no code just enter your MTurk ID so you should be good if you did that

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
You can check the qualifications required to do a HIT of theirs. If you meet every requirement, yet are still told that you don't qualify when you try to accept that HIT, then you're blocked.
Oohhhhh ok I was thinking maybe there is an easier way. Thanks Aveline.

Reactions: aveline

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Wait what? Are you saying you have less than 5000 HITs but you're still able to do the Alexandrias? What's the qual on them?
This was the qual on this batch but they've been gone for almost an hour now.
Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; qualification-d DoesNotExist ;

Reactions: nmelssx

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Oohhhhh ok I was thinking maybe there is an easier way. Thanks Aveline.
I'm not aware of an easier way anymore, unfortunately. It used to just tell you that you're blocked when you would try to accept a HIT, but Amazon, in their infinite wisdom, has decided that workers don't really need any information about their accounts or what happens to them, so that was yet another thing that got taken away.

Reactions: theturkscribe

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I KNOW so!!! I wake up in the morning (or even, as I did one day, at 1:10am) thinking about that shit: my mind just swirls.
You asked after I went to sleep this morning if things were better today - yes, I made almost $14 before I went to sleep this morning. Hoping to make a little more but I have a gargantuan mound of chores this weekend, some of them pretty critical, so I don't know how long I can justify working.

I'm sad I seem to have missed Murder Mystery 3, which I'm qualed for now, MM2 is up right now. For those having difficulty remember you can ask the other participants for help, and watch what they do, and use the search feature.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

nmelssx

Reaction score
This was the qual on this batch but they've been gone for almost an hour now.
Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; qualification-d DoesNotExist ;
Oh. I went outside, and just got back, and missed them. She removed the (qualification-d) block her script automatically assigned me a few days ago, but since then I haven't caught a single one of her HITs, so I'm still a bit apprehensive. It definitely would've boosted my morale if I had been able to do a few of her HITs today, just to clear up the air that I'm indeed not blocked, and that I indeed can still do more of her HITs.

nmelssx

Reaction score
It should be noted that that's only the case unless you've been assigned a qual block, and the requester is hiding the batch from everyone that doesn't qualify for the batch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.