01/30 - Tofu Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle

Aca-scuse me?
Reaction score
I had to have an emergency C-Section. Little dude wasn't kicking, and after I tried all of the tricks they told me to do before I went to the hospital, I finally gave in and went in. They did an ultrasound and still couldn't get him to move, so the doctor who was on call(My OB was on vacation in Puerto Rico) they delivered him at 36.5 weeks. They transferred him to the childrens hospital where it was determined he had a blood clot between his right kidney and heart. After 16 days in the NICU, he was allowed to go home where I had to give him shots of Lovenox twice a day for 3 months. His clot cleared, now he only has to go in for an ultrasound about every 2 years. They have no idea what caused it. They think it was a fluke.

Fun fact: That Demerol they gave me after having him, made me feel SO GOOD.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I hated that when I was pregnant. Buuuut I do want to say that even though I had an absolutely horrible and traumatic pregnancy (and labor kind of sucked too lol) I wouldn't change it if I could (cliche, I know, but true). I don't think I want another kid because of it, but that's another story :p
I had a great delivery and I don't want another kid lol!
I hated being pregnant though. My husband actually had to post on FB for people to stop touching my stomach. Talk about having your personal space invaded daily...even though that's my life now. My son is also up in my personal space LOL.

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Don't let the horror stories scare you. I had an all-natural 9 MINUTE delivery. You've got this!
I wont tell you my horror story unless you want to know, because you definitely don't need to know right now. Every pregnancy, birth, & baby is different though. I'll tell you the silver lining of my bad experience, it all turned out fine! The proof is my awesome kid! lol
I won't tell you mine, I promise. I try not to even remind myself. :p
I hated that when I was pregnant. Buuuut I do want to say that even though I had an absolutely horrible and traumatic pregnancy (and labor kind of sucked too lol) I wouldn't change it if I could (cliche, I know, but true). I don't think I want another kid because of it, but that's another story :p
Thanks guys! :love: Don't get me wrong, I don't want anything sugarcoated or to be in a naive, happy bubble. That's a problem as well because I've also had people tell me about their super easy pregnancies and it makes me feel like I'm just whining when I've thrown up for the tenth time in an hour or want to rip my boobs off because they're so sore. :ROFL:

I guess I just need a balance. The stories I was told were like worst-case scenario stuff just a few days after I found out I was pregnant. :rolleyes:

I think the biggest thing I have to remember is to just not have expectations and to remember that everyone is different.

And no way am I putting you guys on ignore, I'm going to need you! :purpleheart:

Sondi @Sondi CrazyCatLady @CrazyCatLady forgot to quote you guys!

Last edited:

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I had to have an emergency C-Section. Little dude wasn't kicking, and after I tried all of the tricks they told me to do before I went to the hospital, I finally gave in and went in. They did an ultrasound and still couldn't get him to move, so the doctor who was on call(My OB was on vacation in Puerto Rico) they delivered him at 36.5 weeks. They transferred him to the childrens hospital where it was determined he had a blood clot between his right kidney and heart. After 16 days in the NICU, he was allowed to go home where I had to give him shots of Lovenox twice a day for 3 months. His clot cleared, now he only has to go in for an ultrasound about every 2 years. They have no idea what caused it. They think it was a fluke.

Wow! So glad things are better now. How old is he? I bet that was tough on you momma. :(

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score

that is crazy, so glad he's ok. i bet giving shots was weird the first few times! i'd probably cry.
and yea drugs are niiiice.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: The ART (Autobiographical Recollection Test) study.(~ 25 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Sinué Salgado [A3OKC5SI2SMS8S] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $6.75] [Pay: 2.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.36] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 4.64] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 107] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of this study is to understand how well and how frequently people remember events from their life.
Requirements: 7d45e68d DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I hated being pregnant though. My husband actually had to post on FB for people to stop touching my stomach. Talk about having your personal space invaded daily...even though that's my life now. My son is also up in my personal space LOL.
no one really wanted to touch my stomach because I looked like I was 15 so they preferred side-eyeing me and giving me disapproving looks

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Thanks guys! :love: Don't get me wrong, I don't want anything sugarcoated or to be in a naive, happy bubble. That's a problem as well because I've also had people tell me about their super easy pregnancies and it makes me feel like I'm just whining when I've thrown up for the tenth time in an hour or want to rip my boobs off because they're so sore. :ROFL:

I guess I just need a balance. The stories I was told were like worst-case scenario stuff just a few days after I found out I was pregnant. :rolleyes:

I think the biggest thing I have to remember is to just not have expectations and to remember that everyone is different.

And no way am I putting you guys on ignore, I'm going to need you! :purpleheart:

Sondi @Sondi CrazyCatLady @CrazyCatLady forgot to quote you guys!
Im already going to put in my guess that you are having a girl, I had morning sickness but only like 5 times my entire pregnancy. Ive heard girls make you sick lol

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Qualification for Emprime Study | Accept
Requester: Kuperberg Lab [A18IX5X269VWKJ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 2.33] [Fast: 3.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 3.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.03
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Answer some questions to see if you qualify for 20-Minute Word Judgment Task (pays $2.25).
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Emprime_Approved2 DoesNotExist; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Danielle

Aca-scuse me?
Reaction score
that is crazy, so glad he's ok. i bet giving shots was weird the first few times! i'd probably cry.
and yea drugs are niiiice.
I actually asked the NICU nurses if I could bring them home with me so they could do it! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: What was kinda worse was taking him in every week to get his blood drawn. It didn't get any easier! Thankfully he won't remember it!

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Help! Does anyone have the link to the survey about comparing faces and cars?
I'm currently doing it and went to do something on my dashboard and when I went back to my queue it said I have nothing there and I know I accepted it. Oh what to do.

Evergreen Queen

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Im already going to put in my guess that you are having a girl, I had morning sickness but only like 5 times my entire pregnancy. Ive heard girls make you sick lol
It’s funny. We’ve been saying “she” a lot. It’s just been natural to say that so I’ve wondered if that’s the intuition that moms talk about.

We’ll see... :D

By the way, I think I’ll be getting the first pictures of Little Evergreen on Valentine’s Day! :ahhh:

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Help! Does anyone have the link to the survey about comparing faces and cars?
I'm currently doing it and went to do something on my dashboard and when I went back to my queue it said I have nothing there and I know I accepted it. Oh what to do.
Nevermind that. I looked at Hit Tracker and it said I returned it. I know I didn't but oh well. I think that's a sign to go do something else, lol.

Be back later!

jan

Reaction score
Evergreen Queen @Evergreen Queen
The one lesson I have learned (and every mother learns, I swear) is that the only thing we are experts at is our own pregnancy and parenting. Every one has such strong opinions (not in this thread....but all those women in this thread know what I'm talking about, I swear!)
To have a home birth, drugs, medical intervention, doula, RN......strategies about everything. Sit with what you know to be true about YOU and your body - that will tell you MOST of what you really need to know (okay, and then ask lots of questions :). Sure people can help (how to b'feed - not to b'feed).......but it's all so personal. And people are so attached to how they did it.

Trust me, you'll see. It will happen at the park, too, when you tell them the baby name you have picked out - (really, that's pretty common...or how unusual, do you think other kids will make fun of that?) or when you are finally watching that toddler on the swing (oh, don't let them do that......or no, no, you should let them do that).

The thing is - you're the expert already (okay, well, mostly!):heart:

Evergreen Queen

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I worry about that. I’m extremely adamant about personal space and I know that people think that a pregnant belly has a big neon sign saying “please, touch me!”...

Gonna have to get prepared for that. :grimace:

Status
Not open for further replies.