01/31 - Treacle Tuesday!

Have you voted for January's Crowd Pleaser?

• Yes, I did!

• No, but I will right now! http://goo.gl/WX2rtN

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adude

Reaction score
I recall reading in one of these threads that someone had their prolific account compromised, and I just wanted to chime in to say a similar thing might've happened to me.

My total amount earned is 9.70 euros, but my personal balance is only 3.75, and I've never received a payment due to one of their reps claiming there's something wrong on paypal's end (clearly not, I've used this account just fine for years).

I'm going to try to get this issue resolved (again), but just wanted to bring this up since prolific was mentioned earlier. Best case is the money went poof into the ether, and they can get it back to me somehow. Worst case is some hacker has my account details and cashed out 6 euros.

sandyriver

Reaction score
wait, sandyriver @sandyriver FrenchToast @FrenchToast minkyboodle @minkyboodle , are we talking general life advice? or the mom telling him how the relationship with you should go?

because honestly as far as general advice I think its always smart to listen to parents (anyone with experience tbh) Theyve already been there and experienced certain things.

Its like with mturk ( see the convo is mturk related! :) ) without the advice from experienced turkers, we wouldn't make as much money as we do now
I guess it is advice and venting out thingy. Like we do for rejections and then move on with life. Sigh.... Nobody is perfect in this world.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
wait, sandyriver @sandyriver FrenchToast @FrenchToast minkyboodle @minkyboodle , are we talking general life advice? or the mom telling him how the relationship with you should go?

because honestly as far as general advice I think its always smart to listen to parents (anyone with experience tbh) Theyve already been there and experienced certain things.

Its like with mturk ( see the convo is mturk related! :) ) without the advice from experienced turkers, we wouldn't make as much money as we do now

Its totally different when the parent is narcissist. She isn't particularly trying to give him advice, she tells him what he should do, and if he doesn't then she just quits talking to him for a while. Their relationship has been on a downward spiral since we moved in together.

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My son still lives at home..you could date him :celebrate:
I would take you up on that, if I weren't having a go at dating myself for a while. Our four year anniversary is in in five days, and it's going pretty well. Think I'm gonna put a ring on it!

No, I agree that advice from well-meaning elders and such is very important, and has taught me a lot to boot. I was speaking of the domineering types of people (not just mothers, I've found) who try to dictate the dynamics of relationships that they're not actually involved in, without regard for the detriment to the people who are in the relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.