Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
So, this is probably asking way too much...and it's just a random passing thought I had a moment ago. I've been using the Mturk Hourly script, and it's awesome! It would be even cooler, if it could compile the data that it produces, and average it out, to give you a daily hourly average rate. That make sense?

I know I could just add all of the hourly values from the HITs for the day, and divide by the number of HITs, or even build my own script or modify the existing one...But that's more math than I'd like to do at the end of the day, and I don't know how to code either, so I'd rather forego this extra statistic if it meant having to figure out how to do it myself, at least until I have a bit more free time.

TL/DR: Mturk Hourly script is awesome. It could be more awesome if it calculated an overall daily average to produce a "Daily Hourly Rate"

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So, this is probably asking way too much...and it's just a random passing thought I had a moment ago. I've been using the Mturk Hourly script, and it's awesome! It would be even cooler, if it could compile the data that it produces, and average it out, to give you a daily hourly average rate. That make sense?

I know I could just add all of the hourly values from the HITs for the day, and divide by the number of HITs, or even build my own script or modify the existing one...But that's more math than I'd like to do at the end of the day, and I don't know how to code either, so I'd rather forego this extra statistic if it meant having to figure out how to do it myself, at least until I have a bit more free time.

TL/DR: Mturk Hourly script is awesome. It could be more awesome if it calculated an overall daily average to produce a "Daily Hourly Rate"
If you have MTS it shows how many hours you've worked plus your hourly under Today's Activity with the hourly script.

Edit: you don't need the dashboard enhancer for this. It is all there.

Last edited:

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
Title: Play a challenging platformer game!(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Cocosci Lab at UC Berkeley [AHG3DFQ65ESGY] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $15.06] [Pay: 3.74] [Fast: 4.67] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.12] [Fast: 4.83] [Comm: 4.46] [Fair: 4.90] [Reviews: 401] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $3.87] [Pen: 0.01 days] [Res: 50% of 4] [Rec: 33% of 6] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: A challenging experiment in which you have to finish a platformer game as quickly as you can to earn money!
Requirements: Exc: [-99806340-73328] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.10
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
First time catching one of these. How fun! Definitely worth it, but YMMV.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
If you have MTS and the Dashboard Enhancer script it shows how many hours you've worked plus your hourly under Today's Activity with the hourly script.
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/18991-mturk-worker-dashboard-enhancer
I have MTS and the Dashboard Enhancer, both enabled.
But all I see under Today's Activity is my PE and Bonuses
And if I click the + More, I just get a list of which requesters I submitted work for, how many hits per requester, and the amount of reward per requester.

If you wouldn't mind, may I see a screen shot of what it should look like? Just so I know where it's missing/should be.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have MTS and the Dashboard Enhancer, both enabled.
But all I see under Today's Activity is my PE and Bonuses
And if I click the + More, I just get a list of which requesters I submitted work for, how many hits per requester, and the amount of reward per requester.

If you wouldn't mind, may I see a screen shot of what it should look like? Just so I know where it's missing/should be.
Do you have the Hourly Script installed too?

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/31108-mturk-hourly

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
Reactions: coffeeowl

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I did it earlier and it is worth it. The Req was very responsive when I messaged them,
They didn't respond. I'm not sure how to submit this...

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the script I was referring to initially

I really appreciate you working through this with me! :)
No problem! One thing you don't need the No HIT Reloader script since it is built into MTS now. Maybe try turning that off. Make sure you have the latest versions of the Hourly and MTS. It should look like this from the Hourly Script page:

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the script I was referring to initially

I really appreciate you working through this with me! :)
Did you just install one of them today? I have a feeling it doesn't work right unless it's been running since the daily reset. I just installed hourly and it shows how much a HIT I just did was under daily activity, but it doesn't show on the dashboard

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Did you just install one of them today? I have a feeling it doesn't work right unless it's been running since the daily reset. I just installed hourly and it shows how much a HIT I just did was under daily activity, but it doesn't show on the dashboard
This is a good point too! It does take a day to start showing up.

Reactions: ducky and Starslip

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
No problem! One thing you don't need the No HIT Reloader script since it is built into MTS now. Maybe try turning that off. Make sure you have the latest versions of the Hourly and MTS. It should look like this from the Hourly Script page:

I checked, both MTS, and Hourly are up to date. I even checked that the rest of my userscripts are up to snuff, and nothing needs or has available, an update. Still no cigar.
I have had both the Hourly script, and MTS installed for weeks now, and Hourly was last updated just 8 days ago.

Reactions: coffeeowl

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Short data collection project(~ 8 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Mirya Holman [A3LWCL300SRI0J] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.88] [Fast: 4.88] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 27] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.65