Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: A short 5 minute survey(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Duke Center for Behavioral Economics [A14RDIKJG0V5TD] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $17.22] [Pay: 4.10] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.02] [Fast: 4.22] [Comm: 3.03] [Fair: 4.41] [Reviews: 399] [ToS: 11]
TO2: [Hrly: $7.69] [Pen: 2.33 days] [Res: 100% of 1] [Rec: 100% of 5] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 23
Description: survey
Requirements: Location NotIn IN; Exc: [2377381-73833] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.10
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Nuramazing

Contributor
Reaction score
ive gotten an email yesterday to do a study that was very simliar to the other one Ive taken by the same requester. Can they reject me for taking it again? The only difference was there was no video, but I'm pretty sure the same questions.
This is hard to really answer. If they're just getting double responses it's probably not helping their research. You can always message them to check, but I'd probably return if it was extremely similar just out of fear for that. Exception might be if there was an exclusion qual on the HITs because then I would figure they would have filtered me out if they were concerned.

They can indeed reject you for it though.

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
Does the block list get deleted every time MTS updates? I feel like there is no way I haven't blocked pr9 and friends by now but there they are.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
There are exceptions to downloads being TOS violations.
A program like Inquisit is ok.....google used to use "userzoom" and that one is ok too.....

I'm not sure if it actually states in the TOS these are exceptions but they are programs that have been used on this marketplace for many many years.
"You may not use, or encourage others to use, MTurk for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing, or objectionable activities. Here are some examples of prohibited activities: Creating a security risk for MTurk, any MTurk user, or any third party, including posting HITs that require downloading software that contains harmful content."

They used to prohibit downloads, and then said just harmful downloads were prohibited, and then when they reorganized the style of the whole policy document at the end of last year, this is how they word it now.

Last edited:

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Got everything going in the crock pot. I pulled out my husband's Razorback Crock pot he got. Being extra careful with it. lol

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"You may not use, or encourage others to use, MTurk for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing, or objectionable activities. Here are some examples of prohibited activities: Creating a security risk for MTurk, any MTurk user, or any third party, including posting HITs that require downloading software that contains harmful content."

The use to prohibit downloads, and then said just harmful downloads were prohibited, and then when they reorganized the style of the whole policy document at the end of last year, this is how they word it now.
I had a feeling I should have just tagged you. :p

Forgot about them changing things up late last year.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Does the block list get deleted every time MTS updates? I feel like there is no way I haven't blocked pr9 and friends by now but there they are.
It shouldn't. I don't know what would be causing that for you, but no, it shouldn't be getting deleted every time.

Reactions: Type2Work

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Read a scenario and give us your opinions (approx. 5 minutes) - requires short writing task(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Martha Jeong [A1O6WRS4TR3H2D] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $14.17] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.13] [Fast: 4.62] [Comm: 3.50] [Fair: 4.41] [Reviews: 65] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $8.53] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Available: 1
Description: Read a negotiation scenario and give us your opinions (approx. 5 minutes) - requires a short writing task
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Read a scenario and give us your opinions (approx. 5 minutes) - requires short writing task(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Martha Jeong [A1O6WRS4TR3H2D] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $14.17] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.13] [Fast: 4.62] [Comm: 3.50] [Fair: 4.41] [Reviews: 65] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $8.53] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Available: 1
Description: Read a negotiation scenario and give us your opinions (approx. 5 minutes) - requires a short writing task
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Very little, super easy writing. Only a couple of minutes. On a slow Saturday for some, this isn't that bad.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Finally some extended time to sit and work on MTS today. Hopefully the HF issues will be done, I thinks its something async running amok when you search large page size in short intervals.

Also switching out HIT Details Enhancer for HIT Details Sticky

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Very little, super easy writing. Only a couple of minutes. On a slow Saturday for some, this isn't that bad.
Yep, under 3 mins, not terrible at all :thumbup:

Reactions: tricker
Status
Not open for further replies.