02/16 - Siamese Saturday

Would you rather eat a hot dog or listen to Metallica?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short survey on witnessing broken promises at work(≈ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.35] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.16] [Fast=4.70] [Comm=4.17] [Fair=4.78] [Reviews=531] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=12.67] [Pen=2.01] [Res=0.50] [Rec=83] [Rej=4] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Inc: [128738-128961] Exists ; Exc: [129550-128961] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.4
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Michele

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey - Female Participants only ! (about 4 minutes)(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: ugent [A3U0ZJEOCOTBKD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.83] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.85] [Fast=4.84] [Comm=2.82] [Fair=4.68] [Reviews=132] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.31] [Pen=2.54] [Res=null] [Rec=17] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 50:00
Available: 1
Description: Academic Survey - Female Participants only !
Qualifications: Exc: [-559132073-129272] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 93; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.4
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Approved instantly.

pleeseno

boop do booping
Reaction score
Does anyone ever play the murder mystery games? =/

Reactions: aveline

nmelssx

Reaction score
I just signed up for Prolific and it seems that they do not even offered 5% the amount of the jobs mturk offers, and all of the HITs I've seen so far are less than or equal to 50 cents, and I've only seen around 8 HITs in the past few days. Ha.

nmelssx

Reaction score
Can't. It seems that he had put a closed qual on them now, so not everyone can do them.

pleeseno

boop do booping
Reaction score
nmelssx @nmelssx
"Can't. It seems that he had put a closed qual on them now, so not everyone can do them."

Ahh, I see.

Yeah, I just kept the window open to wait and once the timer went out, it basically said sorry, no one's play. Click submit to collect your 40 cents

So yay! :ahhh:

EDIT: sorry, idk why it didn't quote you

Last edited:
Reactions: Michele and KYKITTY

pleeseno

boop do booping
Reaction score
I just signed up for Prolific and it seems that they do not even offered 5% the amount of the jobs mturk offers, and all of the HITs I've seen so far are less than or equal to 50 cents, and I've only seen around 8 HITs in the past few days. Ha.
Lameee

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There's definitely less work, but good stuff still pops up there occasionally. Also, the exchange rate helps a little. I might do $20-$30 a month. I still refuse to do anything less than £6 hour, and especially if they're advertising it taking less time than the actual average takes (when you hover over). Because, principles? :p

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
nmelssx @nmelssx
"Can't. It seems that he had put a closed qual on them now, so not everyone can do them."

Ahh, I see.

Yeah, I just kept the window open to wait and once the timer went out, it basically said sorry, no one's play. Click submit to collect your 40 cents

So yay! :ahhh:

EDIT: sorry, idk why it didn't quote you
I think they'll let you do it again

I've made $25 in about a month. But I also see ones that are computer only when I'm not near a computer so probably would make more if I was home.

Reactions: nmelssx

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 5-7 minutes to complete. Read and answer questions | PANDA
Requester: Dr. Oriana Aragon [A1YMA0FPY2NKYV] (Req TV): $8.04/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
We will ask you to take a short quiz, view some photographs, and answer a few questions.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.55
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Gator and MarkC

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Sam Hirshman for work related to 3FW4EL5A3LO2OT1G8WZTFAK7CN222R.
The value of your bonus is: $2.73 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
6 min 25 - $5.14/hr
Title: 5-7 minutes to complete. Read and answer questions | PANDA
Requester: Dr. Oriana Aragon [A1YMA0FPY2NKYV] (Req TV): $8.04/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
We will ask you to take a short quiz, view some photographs, and answer a few questions.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.55
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: MarkC

pleeseno

boop do booping
Reaction score
I think they'll let you do it again

So I can just keep doing it...? I don't know, I don't wanna get rejected because I played so many times

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Noah's are lagging so bad for me. Anyone else?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
They gave me a qual a while back, but it was so long ago that I don't even remember how to do their HITs, so I haven't done any. They email me like every day though and I kinda wish they'd stop.

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
ChrisTurk @ChrisTurk i noticed sometimes the TV reviews for a specific hit doesn't seem to update for a while, what could be causing this? i like to refresh my queue and check on what's better to work on first, but i noticed it won't sometimes even though there are reviews for the hit if i check in on the req profile
The replica server will never really be behind master for TV. Over the last week it's never been more than 50ms behind master :)

Not that that fixes the "issue", but what's actually the problem here is that HIT records just have encoding discrepancies (someone yesterday was waiting on a HIT completely in arabic to update) or a discrepancy w/ the reward amount.

TV doesn't tie HITs to GIDs for that endpoint, which would be 100% "accurate" but more annoying for users since if a requester reposts the same survey to avoid the fees (much more common than encoding issues) you wouldn't see all the reviews for the first posting (so on & so forth). I actually could (should, and now will) "hybrid" it & grab both now that I'm thinking about it, but at the moment instead it uses a loose combo of requester id, reward amount, & title. The annoying thing there is (especially the title) can sometimes make it less than 100% reliable, including depending on your particular browser

But if you throw me the actual instances of the HITs if you notice it I actually can do a lot to improve accuracy there! Just a matter of collecting the edge cases (like arabic, LOL)

Reactions: ducky
Status
Not open for further replies.