02/21 - Tomato Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The last arcade in our town shut down two years ago....It was there at the mall one day and the next time I went there was just a big empty hole....I think it's a quilting shop now:(
a... quilting... shop?

Reactions: LucyO and GTR

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The last arcade in our town shut down two years ago....It was there at the mall one day and the next time I went there was just a big empty hole....I think it's a quilting shop now:(
Another question, what happened to malls? Why are they all disappearing? I hate the outdoor shopping complexes because you know nothing makes he happier than either sweating my ass off or freezing to go shop.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just got mad that a survey with the title "answer questions and WRITE A TEXT" had a written portion, so as you can see, my attention to detail today is just way off the charts.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just got mad that a survey with the title "answer questions and WRITE A TEXT" had a written portion, so as you can see, my attention to detail today is just way off the charts.
I had a 40 cent survey...that wanted me to write a paragraph I was like yea I don't think so.

Kliq

Reaction score
Video games are a waste of time.
I'd love to go to an arcade though.

Reactions: LucyO and Peachy

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Video games are a waste of time.
I'd love to go to an arcade though.
It's one thing if you always thought that...it's another when it was one of your main hobbies to all of the sudden act like it's awful.

Reactions: Despairagus

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Another question, what happened to malls? Why are they all disappearing? I hate the outdoor shopping complexes because you know nothing makes he happier than either sweating my ass off or freezing to go shop.
the explosion of amazon the last decade+

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
a... quilting... shop?
Yeah, I know, right!?! It is run by a little old lady like the one that runs the craft store in Bob's Burgers...I never see anyone in there....
We have three malls near where I live and two are utter garbage and the "good" one has a few more stores, but mostly crap. We have a few areas that are more in the style of strip malls with Kohls, and Barnes and Noble, and Target and all the major stores, but nothing that compares to the malls in the 90s.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, right!?! It is run by a little old lady like the one that runs the craft store in Bob's Burgers...I never see anyone in there....

We have three malls near where I live and two are utter garbage and the "good" one has a few more stores, but mostly crap. We have a few areas that are more in the style of strip malls with Kohls, and Barnes and Noble, and Target and all the major stores, but nothing that compares to the malls in the 90s.
It's just weird to me that malls are going out...I don't get it.

Reactions: GTR

Kliq

Reaction score
It's one thing if you always thought that...it's another when it was one of your main hobbies to all of the sudden act like it's awful.
For sure. Guy is depressed but probably doesn't even realize.

Reactions: FrenchToast and GTR

GTR

Reaction score
developers want to build high rise million dollar condos, also the mall was the place to be growing up in the 70s to 90s
best place to check out girls get gag gifts, incense and posters at Spencer's, eat with many different choices of places and drink Orange Julius or strawberry which was my favorite :)

Reactions: LucyO

Kliq

Reaction score
Low-end malls are dying. High-end malls are alive and doing well.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
developers want to build high rise million dollar condos, also the mall was the place to be growing up in the 70s to 90s
best place to check out girls get gag gifts, incense and posters at Spencer's, eat with many different choices of places and drink Orange Julius or strawberry which was my favorite :)
Loved Strawberry Julius! The local DQ added in Orange Julius but only has strawberry-banana. WHY?

GTR

Reaction score
when i get my time machine finished i'm goin back to 1984, Y'all are welcome to come along.

Turkoneup

Reaction score
He's also become super sexist...his ex wife cheated on him and is in general kinda crazy so now he just thinks all women suck and wants to be by himself.
Nothing wrong with being a strong independent man! xD

Edit: I guess now that I think about it he is still working on the independent part...

Last edited:

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Low-end malls are dying. High-end malls are alive and doing well.
There's a mall by me...but several well thought of malls around me have died.

People blame it on "online shopping" are people really so lazy they can't leave their houses?

Reactions: Kliq, LucyO and GTR
Status
Not open for further replies.