02/21 - Tomato Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
some of you youngins will not recall this, but, back in the day, we use to actually go outside and play, with real people, in the Sun, and the rain and the snow.
we actually got to touch someone when we played football and basketball... this is a true story.
I ONLY DID THAT b/c my brothers got gaming consoles and I didn't, so take that! (I wasn't allowed near the Atari until they were old enough to be trying to get laid :( )

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will inform him of that. We just bought a switch, two games, and extra controllers on Saturday. that probably got some points...
It's something to be really aware of just because I don't think a speciality store like that has much legs anymore. People either go online, digital or walmart.

I got my switch a year ago...hope you got zelda.

Reactions: savvy

CakesandPies

Reaction score
Since it's a slow morning I have an interesting question.

Friend of mine told me he is done with gaming. I was like wow after like 35 years you're done? And he proceeded to tell me modern gaming is shit. He is like all these games are sci fi which I don't like, I don't like these super slow games that take forever either. But then he tells me old games have bad graphics...

Do you think it's possible to just get old and not like gaming anymore or is modern gaming actually kinda shitty? I never really thought that but I still enjoy gaming.
I think it could be a little bit of both, like a hobby you fall out of love with. I've been an avid gamer for most of my life, and I'm still in love with it, but I like varied games with long stories and while a lot of publishers are trying to move away from that and push out unfinished garbage (I have beef with anthem) I think good games still exist out there, and play them. I don't really care as much about graphics than a lot of other people seem to, I'm more concerned with good gameplay and story.

Reactions: Despairagus and GTR

GTR

Reaction score
there's a nice outside basketball court across the street from me and i have maybe seen a few pick up games in about a year, it just sits there unused.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
It's something to be really aware of just because I don't think a speciality store like that has much legs anymore. People either go online, digital or walmart.

I got my switch a year ago...hope you got zelda.
Not yet. For the time being, Smash and MarioKart. We kinda have an epic battle with our friends right now and needed to practice in our spare time. LOL. I'm not big on zelda but he wants it. I mostly game for social reasons. and mariokart. I've loved mariokart since the 64. I kept my GBA for years and just had mariokart and played one round a day.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
In one of our smaller malls, most of the big stores have left and we are getting a lot of stores that sell specialty items, like the ones you see in downtown areas. It's actually kind of cool. I don't live far from Asheville NC, and I love their hippie/natural/artsy vibe down there and I can only hope that is what we will eventually turn into.
That is actually pretty cool!!
My hometown sort of went from neat little hippie shops an mom and pops to Tiffany and Coco Paris (not kidding) and it sucks. I don't feel at home there anymore. I'll make fun of bird stores and the like till I'm blue in the face, but I'll take a thousand wild bird shops and yarn stores and quilting places over another dang fancy fru fru chain.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
if i was the creator of the whole universe everyone have all their teeth, everyone would have a full head of hair. depression would not be a thing because brains in my universe would be wired differently

there would be no disease or cancer

going to drink some more coffee

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it could be a little bit of both, like a hobby you fall out of love with. I've been an avid gamer for most of my life, and I'm still in love with it, but I like varied games with long stories and while a lot of publishers are trying to move away from that and push out unfinished garbage (I have beef with anthem) I think good games still exist out there, and play them. I don't really care as much about graphics than a lot of other people seem to, I'm more concerned with good gameplay and story.
EA is really just a garbage company.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
if i was the creator of the whole universe everyone have all their teeth, everyone would have a full head of hair. depression would not be a thing because brains in my universe would be wired differently

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

How's the record setting day going?

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not yet. For the time being, Smash and MarioKart. We kinda have an epic battle with our friends right now and needed to practice in our spare time. LOL. I'm not big on zelda but he wants it. I mostly game for social reasons. and mariokart. I've loved mariokart since the 64. I kept my GBA for years and just had mariokart and played one round a day.
Ah ok, smash isn't really my thing to be honest...I think Zelda and Mario Odyssey are the best games on that system.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
there's a nice outside basketball court across the street from me and i have maybe seen a few pick up games in about a year, it just sits there unused.
do you want to ball?

Reactions: Kliq and GTR

CakesandPies

Reaction score
EA is really just a garbage company.
It really is, but from the other posts I think I agree that maybe he's depressed. I have bipolar disorder so when I'm in a depressive state I have no joy for anything that I liked before and tend to find fault with everything.

Reactions: Despairagus

GTR

Reaction score

tell me when you create this world, as i want to come live

rsv777

Reaction score
when i get my time machine finished i'm goin back to 1984, Y'all are welcome to come along.
Are you building a Les Paul or Fender Strat Time Machine?

Reactions: GTR
Status
Not open for further replies.