02/27 - Toulouse Lautrec Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
but how sway? (lol not sure if u get that)

what happens when your favorite stripper needs to bail her husband out of jail and needs to borrow 700 dollars plus have you co-sign at the bail bondsman's office?

oh and bills n stuff
lived off my pay, saved the wife's and she made a lot more then I did for several years

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
my credit is improving, but if i went to a car dealership, etc with a envelope full of cash and said i'm paying for the car all right now

that would not be a problem?
I'd assume you were running away from someone and call the local loan sharks to come take you away to get your knee cappin'

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
my credit is improving, but if i went to a car dealership, etc with a envelope full of cash and said i'm paying for the car all right now

Depends how much you're talking about. Anything over $10k is reportable and IRS forms must be completed.

Reactions: aveline and Peachy

Binxybaby

Reaction score
when each of my kids turned 16 I added them as authorized users on a few of my longest history cards. ( without giving them the card though). Each were well over 720 by the time they turned 18
That's a good idea, I didn't know you could do that!

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Having moved from the UK where my credit rating was excellent, to the US where my credit rating is totally non-existant, it's a bit of a shock. And when I say it;s non-existant, it is below the lowest number. It's blank. Bah!
mine was blank last august! i wish i had got a card and just let it sit open and unused.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Depends how much you're talking about. Anything over $10k is reportable and IRS forms must be completed.
i thought that was just electronically

even if not - i wouldn't care if they had to report it if they let me buy the car

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
i thought that was just electronically

even if not - i wouldn't care if they had to report it if they let me buy the car
I did that when I bought my car in November and they didn't run a credit check or anything like that. I just brought in a cashier's check from my bank.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I used to work at a motorcycle dealership. People paid "cash" (actually, check, cause that envelope isn't real safe) all the time. The finance guys will still try and convince you to take a loan, because they get kick backs. But I've bought all of my (cheapie, used) vehicles outright with a cashiers check.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I did that when I bought my car in November and they didn't run a credit check or anything like that. I just brought in a cashier's check from my bank.
That's different :wink: That's not buying cash. Your money came from a bank and there was a trail to it (via the cashier's check).

Last edited:
Reactions: ducky

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
and this was at one of the big car dealerships? honda/ford/etc etc

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
That's different :wink: That's not buying cash. Your money came from a bank and there was a trail to it (via t he cashier's check).
Oh, I thought the question was about whether or not the dealership would run a credit check. If it was about banks/IRS reporting, then I misunderstood.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a few questions about your opinions (for active facebook users)(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: OSU Behavioral Lab [A3EBPEVZOU4NAZ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 2.33] [Fast: 4.78] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.64] [Reviews: 28] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 23
Description: In this survey, you will answer a few questions about your opinions and experiences.
Requirements: Exc: [55532115-76246] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Writing. Prob not worth it. Not finished yet though.
Don't have hourly script installed yet, but the writing wasn't horrible. No character limit. So pretty fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue and Ready
Status
Not open for further replies.